2022 Olympic Games

ShortstopVM

You know the drill... The Opening Ceremony isn't until Friday morning, but the action has already started. 😎

USA already have played two matches in the Mixed Doubles Curling and are 1-1; Canada just began their game in Women's Hockey

LINDSEY JACOBELLIS JUST WON A GOLD MEDAL IN SNOWBOARD CROSS. :shock:🥇🇺🇸

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

But seriously, I did NOT fancy her to win the Gold today.

We all clowned her for that fall in Torino in 2006; now that is really in the past now. Congratulations to her. :yes: 👏

Our reign as Olympic Champions in Men's Curling was nice while it lasted... Because Team Shuster will not get the chance to repeat after they just lost to GB in the Semis, 8-4... :no: 🤦‍♂️

Edited by ShortstopVM

On 2/9/2022 at 2:03 AM, ShortstopVM said:

LINDSEY JACOBELLIS JUST WON A GOLD MEDAL IN SNOWBOARD CROSS. :shock:🥇🇺🇸

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

But seriously, I did NOT fancy her to win the Gold today.

We all clowned her for that fall in Torino in 2006; now that is really in the past now. Congratulations to her. :yes: 👏

This was one of the highlights of the Olympics for me.  Torino was like a lifetime ago in some ways, and I remember clapping for her when she was easily on her way to winning gold there, and then watching her fall and being shocked that she not only didn't land properly, but that she wasn't able to get back up in time to recover and still win gold.  I didn't even know she was going to be in this Olympics, and when I found out, I didn't know if she even had a reasonable chance to win, but seeing it actually happen after 16 years was so satisfying!! :clap:   USA's team events were generally underwhelming this Olympics :(, falling just short of the medals in several different events... I hope they improve next winter Olympics!