Jump to content

Rank the Maggie Rogers covers


FanOfTheVoice
 Share

Recommended Posts

For me this is Julia easily, she had the most unique rendition and voice out of the three. Not to mention vocally impressive.

 

Followed by Zan, she has my favourite tone here.

 

Maelyn is last, her weakest performance but still very good which speaks to how good she was on the show

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Julia - Loved it. Perfectly captured the atmosphere of the song and delivered it beautifully.

 

2. Zan - Really strong as well. I enjoyed how her tone worked for the track and lightness it brought.

 

3- Maelyn - Very good, but easily her weakest, which yeah, says a lot about her consistency.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry Maelyn, but Julia takes this one. Also, she should have won that 4wko, and i will DIE on that hill, sorry:P

 

I love all of these, tho. Kudos to Maelyn because hers was the only one that it was live 

 

Also, stream Sugar Rush. Julia just uploaded the lyric video today:teeheewave:. Go and bless your ears

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Julia but....just to be clear;  the comparison is between two autotuned and otherwise tweeked performances vs an actual what you see is what you get live performance?  That's just FU. Sometimes I think I live in an alternate universe from some of ya'll.  #applesandoranges

 

Best real performance:  Maelyn

Best deep fake: Julia (featuring the TV staff and lots of complex equipment)

 

Seriously. at this point, does anyone think the taped rounds are organic performances?  If so, AI is gonna love ya'll when it get here. smh

 

 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spurrious said:

I love Julia but....just to be clear;  the comparison is between two autotuned and otherwise tweeked performances vs an actual what you see is what you get live performance?  That's just FU. Sometimes I think I live in an alternate universe from some of ya'll.  #applesandoranges

 

Best real performance:  Maelyn

Best deep fake: Julia (featuring the TV staff and lots of complex equipment)

 

Seriously. at this point, does anyone think the taped rounds are organic performances?  If so, AI is gonna love ya'll when it get here. smh

 

 

I get your point. However, the OP is asking us to compare all three, and we are doing it based on what we saw on TV. It's not fair to compare pre-taped performances to live performances, yes. But it is what it is. 

 

You gotta admit it, that Maelyn's performance was probably her weakest on the competition (and still was excellent, btw), so i get those who prefer the other two. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

I get your point. However, the OP is asking us to compare all three, and we are doing it based on what we saw on TV. It's not fair to compare pre-taped performances to live performances, yes. But it is what it is. 

 

You gotta admit it, that Maelyn's performance was probably her weakest on the competition (and still was excellent, btw), so i get those who prefer the other two. 

Right....but the comparison is an organically grown apple vs a chef baked apple pie.  Just because someone asked does not make it a valid comparison. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Right....but the comparison is an organically grown apple vs a chef baked apple pie.  Just because someone asked does not make it a valid comparison. 

Ok, that's fair. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Spurrious said:

I love Julia but....just to be clear;  the comparison is between two autotuned and otherwise tweeked performances vs an actual what you see is what you get live performance?  That's just FU. Sometimes I think I live in an alternate universe from some of ya'll.  #applesandoranges

 

Best real performance:  Maelyn

Best deep fake: Julia (featuring the TV staff and lots of complex equipment)

 

Seriously. at this point, does anyone think the taped rounds are organic performances?  If so, AI is gonna love ya'll when it get here. smh

 

 

Everyone's aware prelive performances are tweaked in all kinds of ways. But people have been comparing prelive and live performances all the time, I don't see why only now it becomes an issue.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Everyone's aware prelive performances are tweaked in all kinds of ways.

 

I'm just saying it should be acknowledged when comparing the two.   It's not much different than comparing a studio to a live version. 

 

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

.... people have been comparing prelive and live performances all the time, I don't see why only now it becomes an issue.

 

Every injustice has it's day. 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ve made the same point numerous times. I will rarely choose a taped (basically a studio version) over a live performance, unless I didn’t like the live performance in question. 

 

Kinda same but that only applies to a live vs studio from the SAME artist.  Comparing a taped performance from one artist vs a live from a different artist is FU IMHO.  

 

3zDHXCL.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spurrious said:

 

Kinda same but that only applies to a live vs studio from the SAME artist.  Comparing a taped performance from one artist vs a live from a different artist is FU IMHO.  

 

3zDHXCL.jpeg


Especially when it’s she same song. I remember having this debate with someone a few seasons back over “Blue” when they put up a similar poll.  I won’t get into specifics, but I’m sure you can figure it out. LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Especially when it’s she same song. I remember having this debate with someone a few seasons back over “Blue” when they put up a similar poll.  I won’t get into specifics, but I’m sure you can figure it out. LOL

Ok, now i get it. I mean, you can look at any YouTube video of Casi Joy's audition and look at the comments saying how her performance is "a lot better" than Chevel's performance of the same song. Man, i roll my eyes at these comments🙄. People forget that Chevel performed it live, on national TV, in the freaking semifinal, with a lot of pressure behind, and still did a great job 

 

I don't want to go off-topic, but i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these comments are from salty Kennedy/McKenzie fans :giggle:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, now i get it. I mean, you can look at any YouTube video of Casi Joy's audition and look at the comments saying how her performance is "a lot better" than Chevel's performance of the same song. Man, i roll my eyes at these comments🙄. People forget that Chevel performed it live, on national TV, in the freaking semifinal, with a lot of pressure behind, and still did a great job 

 

I don't want to go off-topic, but i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these comments are from salty Kennedy/McKenzie fans :giggle:


Chevel still overwhelmingly won that poll by the way. :haha:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...