Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#36-33 posted)

Mistake006

I’m struggling to come up with clues for the next set, so I’m gonna switch it up and use photos and gifs as the next clues instead.

I’ll use normal clues for the next set, but making clues for this season’s battle and KO eliminees is difficult since this season is 3 years old.

Edited by Mistake006

1 hour ago, Mistake006 said:

Clues for set 2:

spongebob squarepants dancing GIF

image.jpeg.80b093f226505848a99f04f0a8d86ac4.jpeg

black and white moon GIF

Looking Up Season 8 GIF by Game of Thrones

1. Jarred Matthew (he does look like handsome Squidward lmao)

2. Joey Green (LMAO its a green joey 😭)

3. Caeland Garner (his audition song)

4. I haven't watched GOT so I'm not familiar with this character.

edit: used Google Lens to find that the character's name from the fourth GIF is Arya Stark. #4 is Anthony Arya.

Edited by FloorWax

• Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (2nd set of clues posted)

44. Jarred Matthew (Team Adam)

I remembered nothing about this guy until watching his audition recently, but there was a lot about it I enjoyed. I think the arrangement of the song was a bit messy though. That high note came out of nowhere. it was impressive but it felt out of place and I think it lacked breath support because it kinda fell off at the end. I LOVE his vibrato though. I don’t know if his vibrato is naturally slow like that or if it’s just a stylistic choice, but I really enjoyed it. He has a powerful voice and his growls are cool. His runs are smooth and well placed as well. He was shortclipped in the battles and lost to Tyke James singing “She’s Always A Woman” but I think he performed well there, though the song was more in Tyke’s lane. Overall he was an interesting and unique(ish) artist but there are a few things vocally I think he should work on.

43. Caeland Garner (Team Blake)

Caeland Garner’s blind audition was very interesting. I actually enjoyed it lot. He sang “Dancing In The Moonlight”, a classic rock song, but he put a folksy country twist on it and I loved it. In his audition (which I believe was cut about 20 seconds short) he showcased lots a vocal range, power, and impressive runs. This has to my favorite rendition of this song. I love his covers on his YouTube channel as well, especially his cover of Seven Bridges Road. It’s a shame that he was used as fodder against Kirk Jay in the battles and montaged off. I really would’ve liked to hear more from him. Kirk and Caeland are VERY different kinds of country (idek if Caeland is considered a country singer) but David Nail’s Let It Rain was definitely more in favor of Kirk. The main reason I have Caeland Garner placed so was because the lack of exposure he had on the show.

#42 and #41 will be posted later today.

Edited by Mistake006

• Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#44-43 posted)

Jarred Matthew- Yeah, his audition was weird, but I thought it was better than his battle performance. I really didn’t like what he did to the song on his verse. I am a big Billy Joel fan and I think he didn’t do the song justice. I’d have him in my Bottom 2 overall. Good thing he has a PHD in Astrophysics. 

Caeland Garner- I thought his audition was decent though not a standout but his battle was montaged. Probably around #36-40 for me, since I find him better than some others that weren’t ranked yet. I wasn’t happy to see Red in his audition, since he is one of my least favorite finalists.

Edited by Cookie73

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

42. Anthony Arya (Team Adam -> Team Jennifer)

Anthony Arya is the first knockout eliminee to be ranked, and he was also the only contestant ever to be stolen in a shortclipped battle. His BA was also cut to under 1 minute which hurts his ranking a bit. The song choice in his blind audition didn’t showcase much musicality. He does have a very nice tone though, so I can see why Adam turned. We saw even less of him in his battle. Anthony and Steve sang together for almost the whole battle so it’s hard to judge them individually. I was surprised he was stolen after that battle, especially by Jennifer, though she ended up just using Anthony as fodder against Kennedy. Anthony’s knockout is as his only performance that was shown in full. He sung “Operator” which definitely showed more of his artistry than his blind. I believe the coaches even compared him to Sawyer Fredricks after his KO, which is a bit of a generous comparison, but it’s understandable considering his similar appearance, age, musical style, guitar, etc. Anthony’s knockout was fine, but I don’t think he was vocally ready to go further in the competition. Considering he was only 15, I think he should’ve waited a few years to audition for the show. Watching his recent YouTube videos, I think he would have been much more fit now to make it further in the competition. Since Season 15, his vocals and stage presence have improved a lot. He is quite active on his YouTube channel so check that out if you want.

https://youtube.com/c/AnthonyArya

41. Joey Green (Team Blake)

Joey Green’s audition of “Baba O’Riley” was enjoyable. He has a big voice and great energy. I know people on here have had complaints about his tone which I understand. He definitely had some pitch and breath control issues as well during his blind but I’m glad he a got Jennifer and Blake to turn. I actually really the enjoyed the arrangement of the song. It was pretty different from the original but it allowed him to showcase his range. I couldn’t help but compare it to Terry McDermott’s version though. I think I Terry just had much better energy than Joey which is why I enjoyed Terry‘s more. Joey was decent during his battle too, but he was up against Michael Lee who seemed far more comfortable on stage than Joey. I think the spotlight was much more on Michael during the battle and Joey was unfortunately just brushed to the side. I wouldn’t have minded a steal for Joey in the battle, but Michael’s win was totally justified. Joey and Michael actually knew each other for 8 years before season 15, so it was kinda sad to see that only one of them survived the battle.

https://youtu.be/_n4XG0Q_C9I
This was great. I definitely prefer this to anything he did on the show.

• Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#44-41 posted)
  • 9 months later...
  • Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (Hints for #40-37 posted)

If anyone is still interested in following this, here are the clues for the next set:

*the first hint applies to 2 CONTESTANTS

- These TWO contestants shared a very similar experience in the blinds and their fate was the same in the battles

- This contestant now has a new last name and is verified on Instagram

- This contestant made Kelly Clarkson laugh harder than she ever has on the show 

45 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

If anyone is still interested in following this, here are the clues for the next set:

- These TWO contestants shared a very similar experience in the blinds and their fate was the same in the battles

- This contestant made Kelly Clarkson laugh harder than she ever has on the show 

First clue: Mikele Buck and Mercedes Ferreira-Dias? They both turned Kelly and Blake and were eliminated in montages.

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

First clue: Mikele Buck and Mercedes Ferreira-Dias? They both turned Kelly and Blake and were eliminated in montages.

Coincidentally sang "She Used To Be Mine" by different artists too

Edited by Ottoxxx

15 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

Zaxai. That whole kicked in the back of the head thing.

As others have said, the other three are Mikele, Mercedes and Kayley.

Edited by Jaffy

1 hour ago, Jaffy said:

Zaxai. That whole kicked in the back of the head thing.

As others have said, the other three are Mikele, Mercedes and Kayley.

Would Zaxai be this low? Also I watched the audition clip again and Kelly did not laugh she just went over to hug him lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

This is Erika Zade. She told a story about giving a demo CD to Kelly during her show then Kelly just gave it to another fan. Kelly went nuts lmao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

This is Erika Zade. She told a story about giving a demo CD to Kelly during her show then Kelly just gave it to another fan. Kelly went nuts lmao

22 hours ago, Ottoxxx said:

Kayley Hill

21 hours ago, FloorWax said:

You guys got them all! Write-Ups incoming.

• Thanks 1

40. Mikele Buck (Team Kelly)

I’m not a big fan of country music but I really loved Mikele’s blind audition. It seems like every time I genuinely like a country singer on The Voice, they get eliminated early, while the ones I don’t like make it far. He turned Blake and Kelly, and he chose Kelly (his daughters practically forced him to  :giggle:) Not much else I can say for him though, since his battle was montaged, and they literally did not show a second of him singing during his battle. The song choice for his battle with Chevel Shepherd was god awful, “You Look So Good In Love” must’ve been awkward for him to sing with a 16 year old, which is also probably why it was montaged. Some of you may remember how FURIOUS minivan was after Mikele’s elimination. :haha: He could’ve done some damage if he made it further, but if that was case I probably wouldn’t have ended up liking him so much. :dead:

Hint: These TWO constants shared very similar experiences in the blinds and their fate was the same in the battles

Mikele sang “She Used To Be Mine” by Brooks & Dunn, not to be confused with the Sara Bareilles song, which was sung by Mercedes Ferreira-Dias in the same episode (the season premier). Mikele and Mercedes also both lost their battles in montages, hence their “similar experiences”

-

39. Erika Zade (Team Kelly)

Erika Zade auditioned with “New Rules” which is a song I always really disliked but I’ll try be as objective about this as possible. Erika has a voice that’s fit for pop radio but vocally I didn’t find her audition very interesting, although there’s not much I feel I can really critique about her BA either. I know a lot of people believed Erika Zade deserved to win her battle with Sarah Grace but I think it was very evenly matched. Erika stepped up her game and delivered clean and precise falsetto notes and cool tone, while Sarah took care of the big notes. Erika really stepped it up from her audition and I don’t think she deserved to go home that round, though I don’t think she would have made it far anyways.

Hint: This constant made Kelly Clarkson laugh harder than she ever has on the show

After her blind, Erika told the coaches about the time she met Blake Shelton at the CMAs and asked him to sign her CD. After Blake signed it he gave her CD to another fan. Of course Kelly thought this was hilarious and laughed for a minute straight.

Edited by Mistake006

• Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#40-37 posted)

38. Kayley Hill (Team Blake)

Kayley Hill, now Kayley Bishop, had a short-clipped blind audition. She sang “Gold Dust Woman” by Fleetwood and turned Blake. I don’t have much to say about her BA since it was short-clipped, but I enjoyed it and I’d like to hear the whole thing. She faced the now famous Kameron Marlowe in the battles. It was one of just 7 no-steal battles aired in full in Season 15 (9 of them were montages 😬) Their battle was great. It was a good pairing and they both felt super connected to the lyrics and it sounded like they were actually singing to each other. Kayley has a surprisingly powerful voice and she hit some notes that impressed me. I definitely wouldn’t have minded a steal for Kayley but I can’t really see her doing well on a team other than Blake’s.

Hint: This artist now has a new last name and is verified on Instagram

37. Mercedes Ferreira-Dias (Team Blake)

Mercedes’ audition introduced me to the beautiful song that is “She Used To Be Mine” by Sara Bareilles. She first auditioned in Season 14 with “All I Ask” and turned no chairs. I think that performance could’ve deserved a chair turn, but her audition in Season 15 was a HUGE improvement. She seemed much more prepared, her belts were more confident and better controlled. I have her vibrato as well, as JHud pointed out as some point. She turned Kelly and Blake, and surprisingly chose Blake. He paired her up against Chris Kroeze in the battles, one of many odd battle pairings this season, where she was montaged and eliminated. I don’t think she was really given a fair shot in her battle. Her and Chris sang “Back In The High Life” by Steve Winwood, which is a weird song choice for both of them, although they made it work fine. It was more in Chris’ lane I would say, and I think Mercedes was used as fodder against him. Blake barely had anything to say about Mercedes after the battle, and he chose Chris based on a “gut feeling” which is probably just his way of saying “you won this battle before it even started.” Overall, I don’t think Blake was the right coach for Mercedes, but I wouldn’t see Kelly taking her far either. 

Hint: These TWO constants shared very similar experiences in the blinds and their fate was the same in the battles

Mercedes sang “She Used To Be Mine” by Sara Bareilles, not to be confused with the Brooks & Dunn song, which was sung by Mikele Buck in the same episode (the season premier). Mercedes and Mikele also both lost their battles in montages, hence the “similar experiences”

Mercedes’ Season 14 Audition

Edited by Mistake006

• 7 months later...
33 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

Using gifs again for this set of clues because I'm lazy:

taxi cab GIF by lev

image.png.8318f084339b8d27e43160d85f7cf34c.png

Pixel Fighting GIF by Luigi Salas - Motion Designer

Another World Slime GIF by The Chemical Brothers

1. Emily Hough

2. This one isn’t loading for me 😭

3. (placeholder)