Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#36-33 posted)

Mistake006

I decided to do a contestants ranking list instead of my Season 21 Redux (I had that thread deleted, making a redux is way harder than it seems) Anyways, this will be similar BK’s ranking lists but the clues probably won’t be as good since this season ended over 3 4 years ago (wow, time really flies 😳)

I’ll have the first set of clues (four contestants per set) posted later today!

contestants ranking:

33. Emily Hough
34. Steve Memmolo
35. Audri Bartholomew
36. Foushee
37. Mercedes Ferreira-Dias
38. Kayley Hill
39. Erika Zade
40. Mikele Buck
41. Joey Green
42. Anthony Arya
43. Caeland Garner
44. Jarred Matthew
45. Lela
46. Matt Johnson
47. Rachel Messer
48. Josh Davis

I’m planning on ranking other seasons after this is finished. Let me know what seasons you want me to rank next!

Edited by Mistake006
  • Like 3

This seems like a really cool idea. Maybe I’ll try something as well. I used to make Season Redos a while ago, and I know that some places might change from those. Some of my opinions may have shifted since I may have realized that a performance wasn’t as good or bad as I thought a long time ago. Also, I feel that redos definitely make it easier to advance contestants that didn’t go as far. And this happens to be one of those seasons where I really didn’t agree with many of the contestants’ placements, so it would be cool to see this particular season get ranked.

FIRST SET OF CLUES

- This contestant is not to be confused with the escape artist from the latest season of AGT

- This contestant lost to someone named Brian in the battles… or did they?

- This contestant had one name, one aired performance, and a one-sided battle

- “Take Me Home, Country Roads” would have been a very fitting song choice for this contestant in the battles

2 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

FIRST SET OF CLUES

- This contestant is not to be confused with the escape artist from the latest season of AGT

- “Take Me Home, Country Roads” would have been a very fitting song choice for this contestant in the battles

Not sure on the last clue, but agreeing with Cookie on Matt Johnson + Lela as likely to be here. For #2, Joshua Davis in Season 8 battled a Brian someone-or-other, and there was a Joshua Davis on S15, so I’m guessing that’s referring to him.

19 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Not sure on the last clue, but agreeing with Cookie on Matt Johnson + Lela as likely to be here. For #2, Joshua Davis in Season 8 battled a Brian someone-or-other, and there was a Joshua Davis on S15, so I’m guessing that’s referring to him.

That could be him. I honestly forgot about him (like a lot of contestants that didn’t go far this season), so that makes sense

Since I’m not ranking this season, I’m not going to be very detailed, also because I don’t remember many of these performances well

2 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

FIRST SET OF CLUES

#3 Lela? Her stage name is only one name, her Battle was montaged, and she went against Kennedy Holmes in Battles and there was no way that JHud was meeting Kennedy go that early. 

Edited by erik g

22 minutes ago, erik g said:

Just looked it up and there is a Matt Johnson who was an escape artist on AGT last season so #1 is  definitely him

There was a contestant the next season that shares the exact same name as him as well, and they even sang the same song

• Like 1

• Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (First 4 Clues Posted)
4 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

FIRST SET OF CLUES

- Matt Johnson (just looked it up)

- ???

- Lela (One name, only audition aired, battled Kennedy)

- I'm guessing a country artist that went home in the battles? One of Caeland Garner, Rachel Messer, or Mikele Buck then. I'll guess Caeland.

People are saying Josh Davis for Clue #2, that sounds about right.

Edited by FloorWax

48. Josh Davis (Team Kelly)

I hate putting anyone in last place because no one in this season was really bad. Josh was just a bit lacklustre and generic and ended up being forgotten by everyone (which may be partly because he shares a name with popular season 8 constant Joshua Davis). Josh is a strong vocalist with great range. But his blind audition had its fair share of issues. I always found the way he pronounced “goodbyes” a bit strange, but I guess that’s not that big of a deal. That high note on “cry” was well placed but it sounded very autotuned, though it did get JHud’s attention to turn. That risky falsetto part towards the end started great but he must’ve ran out of breath because it didn’t end well. He lost to Claire DeJean in a montaged battle. Overall he is a skilled vocalist with a good amount of range but I think nerves impacted the quality of his BA.

Hint: This contestant lost to someone named Brian in the battles… or did they?

This hint was a bit of a trick. A Season 8 constant with the same name faced Brian Johnson in the battles. 

-

47. Rachel Messer (Team Blake)

Rachel Messer’s blind audition of “I Want To Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart” was very interesting. Her yodelling skills are great and she is obviously VERY talented to be able to do that. I find it hard for me to enjoy that kind of music which is really the main reason I have her so low, the other reason being she lost her battle with Katrina which was shortclipped. I would’ve loved to hear that full battle because it was very beautiful! We didn’t hear much of Rachel there but it showcased her pretty tone. 

Hint: “Take Me Home, Country Roads” would have been a very fitting song choice in the battles for this contestant.

Take Me Home, Country Roads is a song about West Virginia, where Rachel is from (thank you Wikipedia). She’s also a country singer who went home in the battles.

-

46. Matt Johnson (Team Jennifer)

First of all, I have to give this guy some recognition for auditioning for this show EVERY SEASON since Season 1, until S15 when he barely made it onto team JHUD, closing Season 15’s blinds singing “Never Too Much” by Luther Vandross. Matt has great energy and is very vocally skilled. Now I’m not usually one to gripe about over-singing, but contrary to what the song title says I do think was doing a little too… much during his audition. I think Never Too Much is one of those songs that I’d just rather here sung like the original. The vibe the original song gives off is unmatched. On the good side, Matt’s tone is great. He has that kind of warm tone where you can hear him smiling while he sings, if that makes sense. He went up against Franc West in the battles singing “Too Close” which definitely catered more towards Franc. It really didn’t fit Matt’s voice at all. I think Matt had more inside him that he never got to showcase on the show.

Hint: This contestant is not to be confused with the escape artist from the latest season of AGT.

Matt Johnson is also the name of an escape artist who made the quarterfinals on Season 16 of America’s Got Talent.

-

45. Lela (Team Jennifer)

Lela’s blind audition was a cool blend of Latin and American pop music, singing in both English and Spanish. I also remember her blind getting quite a lot of views on YouTube. It was good, but vocally it wasn’t anything special. Lela got unlucky in the battles and had to face a front-runner, Kennedy Holmes, and on top of that, they were montaged. In the short clip we saw of them Lela had great energy and stage presence. Overall, Lela had an unlucky run on the show and thats why she’s so low on this ranking list.

Hint: This contestant had one name, one aired performance, and a one-sided battle

Lela’s blind was her only performance that was shown in full and was used as fodder against Kennedy.

• Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#48-#45 Posted)

Thanks for putting video links because I forgot about most of these performances

Josh at #48 does make sense, since he clearly seemed nervous in his audition and had a montaged battle elimination. I honestly forgot all about him for a while.

Rachel at #47 seems pretty accurate. I wasn’t a fan of her audition due to that style not being my cup of tea, but her battle seemed pretty interesting, but again, being a montaged battle elimination seemed to hurt her placement.

Matt at #46 makes some sense, since he was another forgettable battle elimination. Surprised how you didn’t mention how another Matthew Johnson sang Never Too Much the very next season, and yeah, that battle was definitely better.

Lela at #45 makes some sense, seeing how she is another contestant I forgot about and we didn’t see her battle. I think I would have her higher than everyone else in the set as well, considering I enjoyed her audition the most out of them.

Weirdly enough, the one battle elimination I specifically remembered not liking was in this set (although a certain story contributed to me remembering him better).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, erik g said:

Ok but i felt so bad for Matt because he's been trying to audition since Season 1 and when he finally gets home he got dropped in the Battles 💀

And they shoved him to the last audition of the season, so he had a possibility of not being able to audition. And last auditioners rarely go far on the show

• Like 1

#48 Yeah I'd have him at the very bottom too, I don't see a reason why I should care about him.

#47 I'd probably have her a set higher lol. I enjoyed her audition half-ironically, half-unironically and I thought the battle snippet was really pretty.

#46 He was pretty forgettable, but I'm surprised you think the battle song didn't fit his voice. I actually thought the song was more catered to him but Franc delivered more.

#45 She was alright, but I think I would personally put Rachel slightly over her. (I actually watched her audition and... that was pretty good?)

This set is pretty accurate in terms of placement but there are three contestants I'd put after Josh that aren't here. The next three after that would probably be Matt, Lela, and Rachel though.

Edited by FloorWax

I´d keep Matt out of this batch. Didn´t care for his blind, but he stepped it up in his battle. 

The other three barely got any screentime, and they didn´t take advantage of the time they had, in my opinion, so I can´t argue against that. I would have had Jarred Matthew here instead of Matt.

Edited by Misirlou

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´d keep Matt out of this batch. Didn´t care for his blind, but he stepped it up in his battle. 

The other three barely got any screentime, and they didn´t take advantage of the time they had, in my opinion, so I can´t argue against that. I would have had Jarred Matthew here instead of Matt.

I would also swap Matt with Jarred. I’ll get more into why when Jarred is ranked. It’s possible that a certain contestant that made Lives could show up in this set for me as well because I didn’t like any performances from them.

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah I would've put Jarred Matthew in this set too. Mayyybe Anthony Arya too because I didn't care for his tone, and even though he was a KO elim, it still felt like he overstayed his welcome. You know what, probably Steve Memmolo too. That guy was so cornball. I'd take all the battle montage eliminees barring Josh and Jarred over him.

#48 Josh Davis

#47 Jarred Matthew

#46 Anthony Arya

#45 Steve Memmolo

Edited by FloorWax

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah I would've put Jarred Matthew in this set too. Mayyybe Anthony Arya too because I didn't care for his tone, and even though he was a KO elim, it still felt like he overstayed his welcome. You know what, probably Steve Memmolo too. That guy was so cornball. I'd take all the battle montage eliminees barring Josh and Jarred over him.

#48 Josh Davis

#47 Jarred Matthew

#46 Anthony Arya

#45 Steve Memmolo

I have no idea how Steve and Anthony’s battle resulted in a steal. And even the producers knew considering they shortclipped it.