Drag Race Rankdown 4.0

*Chris

Posted (edited)

CYCLE 2 - LSFYL BATTLES

anigif_sub-buzz-27465-1609951869-13.gif

For the 2nd cycle of the rankdown, we are going all the way back to Season 13's LSFYL battles. 

Each rankers will be creating 8 battles (16 queens) from the queens that failed to receive the casting call.

The remaining rankers will choose one of the lipsync battle, and decide who gets to shantay & who will be getting the chop from the rankdown, and will be responsible for the write-up of the queen that's sashaying away.

Example:

Queen 1 vs. Queen 2
Queen 3 vs Queen 4

Queen 5 vs. Queen 6

Queens 7 vs. Queen 8

Queen 9 vs Queen 10

Queen 11 vs. Queen 12

Queen 13 vs Queen 14

Queens 15 vs Queen 16

Ranker will decide who sashay & shantay from chosen battle.

NOMINATION ORDER

GAwCYkg.png

01. @FrogLenzen

02. @sublymonal
03. @jarmon

04. @Solaris

05. @JC
06. @#jeah

07. @Elliott

08. @*Lily

09. @Zoey

You will have 24 hours to post your nomination, and 24 hours to make your cut.
If 24 hours has passed without asking for an extension, the randomizer won't be afraid to make an appearance.

Derek is free to kick-off the 2nd cycle !

Edited by *Chris

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0 (Cycle 2 Posted)

Chi Chi DeVayne vs. Tempest DuJour

Stacy Layne Matthews vs. Scarlett Adams

Darienne Lake vs. Alisa Summers

Phi Phi O’Hara vs. Vinegar Strokes

Dida Ritz vs. Beth

Roxxxy Andrews vs. Anubis

Yvie Oddly vs. Magnolia Crawford

Vanjie vs. Sister Sister

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0 (Cycle 2 - Derek's Nominations Posted)
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

@*Chris can we change once we make our choices?

You can change.

Decision is not final until you post your write-up. 

Edited by *Chris

Vinegar Strokes

Vinegar Strokes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Vinegar is a a great addition to the first boot team.  I would rather it be Scarlet Adams but I don't know enough about what she's done to appropriately drag her so I will leave that to anyone else.  Vinegar Strokes was working with Michelle in the west end I believe when she got the call for Drag race.  Her style did not go over well with the judges.  She was dubbed hodgepodge couture.  That is a pretty big slap in the face.  That said Vinegar is an easy cut from the group especially when matched up to the great villain Phi Phi O'Hara. Vinegar wound up lip syncing in week 1 and week 3.  I remember her having an ugly outfit that represented the River Thames on it.  Yikes.  She was eventually eliminated by Sum Ting Wong, who only outlasted her by a week.  Congrats on Hodgepodge last place.

Save: Phi Phi O'Hara

Roxxxy Andrews

I will come back and edit this later, but honestly this is more of an “I like Anubis” move than a “f*ck Roxxxy Andrews” move. But also, Roxxxy kind of sucked in both of her seasons, for completely different reasons. In Season 5 she was part of the obnoxious clique called Rolaskatox which was devoted to being bratty, cliquey, and bullying Jinkx Monsoon. Roxxxy was the head of the Bullying Jinkx Department and that was her narrative all season long, despite slaying the runways, doing well in challenges, and having a really emotional moment with Ru on the main stage. We all know the bus stop story.

in All Stars 2, she was much more likable but lasted way too long at the expense of more dominant queens like Alyssa And Tatianna. I like Roxxxy overall, but she still kind of sucks in the grand scheme of the drag race world and I don’t really connect with her.

saving Anubis 

Beth (Canada 2, 12th Place)

How-Canadau2019s-Drag-Race-queen-Beth-foretold-her-elimination.jpg

No offence to Beth for this cut, she seems lovely but definitely had a rough go of her first episode during Canada’s second season. To me, it felt a bit like she didn’t know what she was getting herself into and was unprepared. The challenge that episode was the Haute Couture coat check and I definitely agreed with the judges that her look wasn’t that bad, but that she didn’t sell it walking down the runway. Her lack of confidence was something that could maybe be fixed though. However, both her and Gia did TERRIBLE in that lip sync, so it was really anybody’s guess on who they’d cut and they saw more potential in Gia, so Beth was sent packing. Given the lack of Drag Race canon to go by, I think she’s a fair cut at this point, but I wish her the best with her drag in the future.

Save: #DidaRitzForAllStars7

Posted (edited)

Since Elliott claimed Roxxxy vs. Anubis before Andy posted his write-up, he will need to claim another pair. 

Edited by *Chris

23 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Claiming Roxxxy vs Anubis

Just now, *Chris said:

Just a reminder that the 30 minutes to post your write-up still stands. 

Magnolia Crawford (Season 6, 13th/14th Place)

giphy.gif

She may not be the funniest or sexiest queen, but that NOSE CONTOUR? So skinny that you can snap it like a toothpick. :dead:

She was eliminated in week 2 due to the split premiere. 

The main challenge was a design challenge and her party supplies were that of a Hoedown. And it really was a "hoe, down" LMAO JK I JUST HAD TOO :lmao:

She wasn't here for the money, the grand prize, to challenge herself or the competition...she's here for the *exposure*, well I wonder how she's doing today?

She was in a lip sync against Darienne Lake to "Turn the Beat Around" and well you know the story.

But not going to lie, her saying "all publicity is good publicity" is a motto that I live by. :ph34rwave:

SAVE: Yvie Oddly :wub:

Posted (edited)

Remaining :

Stacy Layne Matthews vs. Scarlett Adams

Vanjie vs. Sister Sister

Edited by *Chris

Scarlet Adams

Kita Mean Is The Only Worthy Winner Of 'Drag Race Down Under'

I feel I, and many of us made our feelings on Scarlet Adams pretty clear prior so I'll try not to go too into depth here. As a competitor Scarlet is not bad. She won three challenges in the first season of Down Under and track record-wise was the frontrunner. But all that should and thankfully was put aside considering Scarlet's actions. By no means a defense of her but obviously I think there was a show mishandling here too in the s**t-storm that was this season. Considering there were multiple and clearly very easily-accessible forms of racism in Scarlet's work prior to appearing on the show, it should have been caught at casting and not dragged out onto a larger platform especially with Drag Race's very vocal fanbase. She rightfully was called out but the fact that this even had to be a point of conversation was understandably a huge part of what made Down Under's inaugural season very uncomfortable viewing. I don't keep up with Scarlet since the ending of the show, I hope she's continuing to educate herself and at least attempt to rebuild bridges compared to what seemed to be quite a dismissive attitude during the season's airing. A decent competitor perhaps, but not someone who I feel needs to go any further in this game.

Shantay you stay... Stacy Layne Matthews

Edited by *Lily

14 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Remaining :

Vanjie vs. Sister Sister

ROXXXY ANDREWS (Season 5, All-Stars 2)

RuPaul's Drag Race

roxxxy andrews gifs | WiffleGif

Honestly, this is more of an “I like Anubis” move than a “f*ck Roxxxy Andrews” move. But also, Roxxxy kind of sucked in both of her seasons, for completely different reasons. In Season 5 she was part of the obnoxious clique called Rolaskatox which was devoted to being bratty, cliquey, and bullying Jinkx Monsoon. Roxxxy was the head of the Bullying Jinkx Department and that was her narrative all season long, despite slaying the runways, doing well in challenges, and having a really emotional moment with Ru on the main stage. We all know the bus stop story.

in All Stars 2, she was much more likable but lasted way too long at the expense of more dominant queens like Alyssa And Tatianna. I like Roxxxy overall, but she still kind of sucks in the grand scheme of the drag race world and I don’t really connect with her.

saving Anubis 

Edited by #jeah

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0