Drag Race Rankdown 4.0

*Chris

Honey Davenport

rupauls drag race queen GIF by Stan.

Honey Davenport placed 13th on Season 11 so there isn’t much to say about their journey. Honey hails from New York and is part for the esteemed Davenport family. In Season 11, they were safe for the first two weeks but landed in the bottom for the infamous Diva Worship challenge and was the unfortunate victim of the 6-way lipsync to JLo’s “Waiting for Tonight”. To be honest, I think their downfall was standing out in that lipsync for all the wrong reasons. If they had just done a passable job and faded into the background, they probably would have been safe that week. Honey is a pageant queen, a Broadway actor and has a band so they’ve been booked and busy since the show but I would like to see then on a future All-Stars season because I definitely think they had more potential than they showed.

pouty-lips-uhuh.gif
BRITA FILTER

Brita Filter was a queen who appeared on the eleventh season of the US franchise. Brita was an early favourite of mine knowing how well known she was on the New York scene but she never quite lived up to the expectations. Brita had a decent showing during the first episode with her verse in “I’m That Bitch” but then gave us pretty much nothing. She had a couple of pretty good runways but her performances in the challenges were severely lacklustre. I was also an Aiden fan and her treatment of her was uncalled for. 

Saving Aiden Zhane.

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0 (Cycle 2 - Solaris' nomination next)

Nominations:

Kenya Michaels vs Lala Ri

Jade Jolie vs Serena Chacha

Cynthia Lee Fontaine vs Scaredy Kat

Scarlett Harlett VS Charity Kase

Anastarzia Anaquway vs Nina Flowers

Jasmine Masters vs Coco Jumbo

Kandy Ho vs Jaymes Mansfield

Anubis vs Kahmora Hall

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0 (Cycle 2 - Solaris' nomination posted)

Anubis (DRUK3 - 12th Place)

giphy.gif

Anubis appeared on Season 3 of Drag Race UK and I actually really enjoyed her short time on the show as I felt she was hilarious and weirdly charming. As she said, she's odd in the best way possible. She kinda reminded me of Yvie Oddly. But, obviously wasn't as great. I do believe that with time, she will become more polished and be as great.

giphy.gif

She was the first queen eliminated in a lip sync against Elektra Fence to "Sweet Melody" by Little Mix (for your viewing pleasure below v)

To be fair, Anubis stood no chance with that dress to do much but she gave a good fight. Let's talk about that dress though...girl...I get what she was going for but it was a mess. I am kinda sad that I have to cut her but she's against the Mackie Doll and I just preferred Kahmora Hall more. 

I do hope that this Egyptian queen does get a chance at some form of redemption in the near future as she has some untapped potential! But, for now her journey in this Rankdown ends here. ❤️ 

giphy.gif

SCARLETT HARLETT (UK Season 3)

Pink one — Scarlett Harlett - Hometown & My Favourite Things...

I tried to like Scarlett, I really did. But even the week that she won, I felt Ella Vaday should have taken it. Scarlett is generally inoffensive, I think she's likable in confessionals and seems like a sweetheart irl. Having said that, I don't think she brought anything new, innovative, exciting or even memorable to the Drag Race world. On top of that, she lasted way too long and this was in a really underwhelming season to boot. So overall, Scarlett is not someone I would consider myself a fan of. Do I dislike Scarlett? Not by any means. I do recall seeing someone say at one point that Scarlett was one of their least favorite queens ever. A bit of a stretch for me personally, but regardless this is a fair spot for her to place in the rankdown. 

Saving: Charity Kase, who I actually really like

• Like 2