• Kalvin Jarvis vs Jimmy Mowery - u got it bad
    • Jeff Lewis - u got it bad
    • Jonathas - u got it bad
    • JChosen - without you
    • Stevie Jo - there goes my baby
    • Avery Wilson - without you
    • Darius Scott - you make me wanna
    • Brittney Camelle vs Jake Barker - climax

Thought I'd do an easier one to compile. Not many usher covers, but just enough for a list. 

I may have missed some though since I didn't watch the earlier seasons. So if your favourite is missing, let me know and I'll add them to the poll so you can vote for them.

U got it bad covers

Victor Solomon vs Deion Warren

Kalvin Jarvis vs Jimmy Mowery

Jamai

Jeff Lewis

Jonathan

Without You covers

Jchosen

Avery Wilson

Other

Stevie Jo - there goes my baby

Darius Scott - make me wanna

Brittnee Camelle vs Jake Barker - climax

Edited by Hsamid

Also, do you guys think I should include group performances and coach/celeberity and contestant duets into these polls? I'm especially hesitant of celebrity/contestant duets since half the performance is coming from a celebrity that's usually singing their own song.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I went with Avery, but Darius and Stevie are probably the next two.

Was surprised Avery Wilson on this show. Must say he's much better now. Even though his blind is pretty damn good. Dude is more popular than most winners, has 900k followers on insta.

Edited by Hsamid

9 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Also, do you guys think I should include group performances and coach/celeberity and contestant duets into these polls? I'm especially hesitant of celebrity/contestant duets since half the performance is coming from a celebrity that's usually singing their own song.

Those don’t count as competition performances (but I know some winners did duets), so I would say no.

• Like 1

The correct answer is Darius Scott. INSANELY underrated.

He's so often forgotten on this site but his 3 performances (montaged battle excluded) were all PHENOMENAL. He was too good for this show.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

The correct answer is Darius Scott. INSANELY underrated.

He's so often forgotten on this site but his 3 performances (montaged battle excluded) were all PHENOMENAL. He was too good for this show.

I thought he would have been a better choice for Pharrell’s save than Mark, but it’s clear which of the two was pushed more in pre-lives

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I thought he would have been a better choice for Pharrell’s save than Mark, but it’s clear which of the two was pushed more in pre-lives

That top 3 selection was so frustrating. I thought all of Pharrell's other contestants did better than Mark that night. Madi and Darius as clear top 2 and I would've liked or Evan or Celeste for #3 there.

45 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

That top 3 selection was so frustrating. I thought all of Pharrell's other contestants did better than Mark that night. Madi and Darius as clear top 2 and I would've liked or Evan or Celeste for #3 there.

I think Darius deserved to advance, but he probably would have suffered the same fate as Mark, since they´re stylistically similar, and he was given way less screentime and focus than Mark to make matters worse.

Looking at the PVs, Team Pharrell´s coach save was screwed either way, sadly.

Edited by Misirlou

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I still don’t know why the producers pushed for Mark instead of Darius. Top 3 favorite R&B guys on the show for sure.

I really like Avery’s blind as well.

Yep, Darius was one of the most underrated contestants of Season 9. Definitely worthy of the Top 12 that season. He had a better PO performance than Mark, but his treatment wasn’t nearly as good (One of them opened the premiere, had a leaked battle and had a KO in a Monday episode, and the other appeared in Episode 4, had a montaged battle and a appeared in a Tuesday Knockout episode). Darius never appeared on the show on a Monday, and he didn’t get the best treatment, especially since they pushed for a different R&B guy. I’d say that Mark got the third best edit in prelives after Jordan and Barrett.