ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar’s Round - Results Revealed; Please Post Your Write-Ups!)

*Amanda

Brita Petersons

KB2sClE.jpgu6D8PhB.jpgi12bpLX.jpg

First boot of Cycle 4. Do not lie to me and say you remember her. Because you don't. Here's her entire portfolio except the group promos. I don't even remember what the judges said about her alien photo. Did she deserve to go home? Sure, why not. Noelle's was probably a little worse but not by a landslide or anything. Let's speculate what Tyra would have done with her makeover... she's pretty and blonde, so Tyra would have chopped it short and dyed it bright red. Like clown red. Fire engine clown candy apple. And then shaved off her eyebrows and give her one single rat tail extension in the back so she can "work it" and be "fierce" and have "versatility" idk. Brita is very pretty but she doesn't necessarily have the most unique features, so Tyra would probably call her "too commercial" all cycle if she magically stayed for longer than a week. But I only have these three old photos to go off of and I don't remember her otherwise. 

Save Mariah

Noelle’s picture that week was good! Whatchu talking about, Derek?

And anyone as entrenched in the ANTM fandom as a lot of us are remembers Brita! Curvy girl who looked great for her age, had a decent amount of potential, and also had a bit of a sour exit.

Edited by rdhaley96

2 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

Noelle’s picture that week was good! Whatchu talking about, Derek?

And anyone as entrenched in the ANTM fandom as a lot of us are remembers Brita! Curvy girl who looked great for her age, had a decent amount of potential, and also had a bit of a sour exit.

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Do not lie to me

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Isabella Falk

antm_isabella03.jpg

Isabella Falk was the first model eliminated on cycle 12. Isabella disclosed on her casting week that she suffered from epilepsy and she admitted that she was concerned during their first runway challenge about the strobe lights of the show. Knowing what we know about the show, it wouldn't surprised me that they did it on purpose. She only got to do one photoshoot (see picture above) and to be honest the shot left a lot to be desired. It was a very bland picture and it's no surprise that she got booted for this. After the show, she modelled for a bit and was in a campaign for an epilepsy organisation but she no longer models and is now working as an artist and a yoga teacher.

Saving the one left

@jarmon is next. You must nominate 14 models. You cannot nominate the following models:

Ebony Haith

Yoanna House

April Wilkner

Sara Racey-Tabrizi

Jenascia Chakos

Yaya Dacosta

Kelle Jacob

Nicole Linkletter

Joanie Dodds

Furonda Brasfield

Gina Choe

Anchal Joseph

Jaslene Gonzales

Jenah Doucette

Katarzyna Dolinska

Allison Harvard

Alasia Ballard

Ann Ward

Brittani Kline

Hannah Jones

Annaliese Dayes

Renee Bhangwandeen

India Gants

Kyla Coleman

Hannah White

Lexie Tomchek

Liberty Netuschil

Atalya Slater

Mariah Watchman

Kristin Kagay

Amber DePace

Phil Sullivan

Phil Sullivan | Art8amby's Blog

Phil is the ONLY model from ANTM to be on the COVER of VOGUE ITALIA. This is real. Sure, he's a blurry background image but that's more than most people will ever achieve. He also has some cameos in the spread. Sure, he's not modeling any fashion, but he's being a good prop just like Tyra said men do. 

Top Model on Twitter: "Phil Sullivan for "Vogue Italia" shot by Steven  Meisel #ANTM #Cycle20 @Insight_Phil http://t.co/rEzU8ANgHw" / TwitterTop Model on Twitter: "Phil Sullivan for "Vogue Italia" shot by Steven  Meisel #ANTM #Cycle20 @Insight_Phil http://t.co/rEzU8ANgHw" / Twitter

On the actual show, Phil was less impressive. He got a bad weave makeover and was annoying with Jiana the whole time. Plus, he's a man so that's an automatic negative 1000 points as far as I'm concerned. I can't think of a single photo from his portfolio that I liked, so I'm going to go look at it now... Yep, confirmed that his entire portfolio is really bad. Even with the softball commercial stuff, he gets absolutely schooled by basic Jeremy which is saying something. Part of it is the really bad weave. But also he's just making weird faces for so many shots. He has actually had a great modeling career for a man (even excluding the Vogue cameos) so the potential was there, but ANTM seemed unable to tap into it. 

Save Whitney Thompson

Denzel Wells

ratio3x2_700.jpg

As many of you know I recently rewatched every single episode of ANTM [/shamelessplug] and while doing so I put together an overall ranking of all the contestants which may or may not be shared after this game. From 24 cycles, Denzel is my bottom one ANTM contestant ever. I've never met the guy so I can't really judge him as a person, but based on what I saw on the show, he just didn't have a single redeemable quality. Denzel signed up for ANTM, one of the gayest reality shows to ever exist, with the sole purpose of scoring a win for alpha men everywhere. There's pretty much three aspects to Denzel's time on the show, all of which were more painful than the last

Part 1: The Beard Weave

DgXhUGu.png

Okayyyyyyy this part is actually kinda funny and maybe I should bump him up from last place to second to last place in my ranking for it :dead:. But no, Imma stick with what I have. There have been a lot of bad makeovers in ANTM history, but I think Denzel might have the worst. I suppose others have had makeovers that have permanently damaged their hair so maybe not the worst, but it's certainly up there. In order to fully demonstrate how ugly Denzel is on the inside, Tyra decided to give him a "beard weave". It honestly didn't even look real and I know Denzel had to have contemplated quitting every time he showed up to a photoshoot and was forced to put it on lmao. Denzel's portfolio is extremely mediocre and I think that's because he's not a great model, but the hideous beard weave certainly did not help things.

Part 2: Denzel x Mirjana

VKdgxv2.png

Ahh yes the showmance. A staple of reality tv that had luckily been basically nonexistent on ANTM for 19 seasons. On C21 we have the toxic duo of Denzel & Mirjana. As Mirjana's second choice in the house (third choice if we include her boyfriend from home lol) Denzel became Mirjana's bitch for a painful nine episodes. It was episode after episode of the two of them hogging airtime with will they or won't they bullshit. Mirjana did the best she could to make the storyline fun sometimes (i.e. the time she brokeup with him and threw a chair at him). But for the most part, I just wanted to fastforward through their scenes. They didn't have chemistry, they weren't even hot together, there was no humor in the showmance. It was just they make out, they get in a fight, the others talk shit about them, they become close again and make out. Riveting television.

Part 3: The Homophobia

oZatYDG.png

As if having an ugly makeover and a boring showmance that took up too much airtime wasn't enough, Denzel decided to sprinkle some casual homophobia into his time on the show to truly make him one of the worst characters in ANTM history. Will, the resident gay guy of the house, dared to wear heels to panel one time which seemed to offend Denzel ~as a man~. So, Denzel would rant to his buddies like Keith about how he wants a "real man" to win the show and he would be embarrassed to go home and tell his friends that he lost to a guy in heels (but going home to his friends with a beard weave and a failed showmance with an 18 year old girl at the old ass age of 23 isn't embarrassing? mmkay). This led to a public confrontation when Will overheard Denzel being homophobic and Denzel refused to back down from his comments, and even got confronted by Tyra at panel about them. Did Denzel learn his lesson? He did apologize to Will, but on finale night said he was rooting for Keith or Adam to win lol so I'll let you decide for yourself. I mean Keith's his boy so I don't blame him for rooting for him, but rooting for Adam over Will has me a bit 👀.

Denzel did win the acting challenge at one point during the season so instead of being a model he became an actor on one of Tyler Perry's many shitty tv shows. So I really can't think of a worse fate for him than that. My very minor Denzel appreciation is that he came on reality tv, got the worst makeover ever, became Mirjana's bitch, and then got beaten by the guy in heels. But that was not worth nine painful episodes of Denzel being boring, homophobic, and physically repulsing.

Save Ann

• Like 2

Devin Clark

Before America's Next Top Model Cycle 22: Devin Clark | Antm, Antm cycle, America's  next top model

My write ups are not going to be nearly as elaborate or comprehensive as many people's here so I'm sorry. 🥲 Devin was a contestant on Season 22 of ANTM who placed a shockingly high fifth place on his season. For someone who was near the bottom so often and took really underwhelming photos, I was shocked to see him last as long as he did. It's not even like he was particularly easy to root for, either. I remember Devin bragging that he was a model pre-show. I can see why- just looking at his face it's very unique and angular and has features made for the covers of magazines. This, however, rarely if ever translated to the photoshoots on the show itself. I don't remember loving a single shot of his. He was also in that really annoying friendship with Mikey and Ashley. Lmao at this, the fandom wiki page of ANTM says he was "finally" eliminated on the 13th episode. Even the supposedly unbiased wiki page hates him. :haha: Easy cut here.

Save: Saleisha 

• Like 1

Monique Calhoun

08a3e70b06158106477259b547f07f18.jpg

I'm all for a villain, but Monique was... unhinged? At least that's what we saw? Some of her antics were legitimately pretty scary. I think she had potential, she is really gorgeous and I really liked her hair shot, and I think she actually did decently post-season from what I can recall. However, she just wasn't fun to watch, every episode had me more nervous as to what sort of stunt she was going to pull. She definitely left a lasting impression on the cycle, but I don't think it was a cycle which exactly suffered from her loss, instead allowed the other girls to be seen a little more.

Save Whitney Cunningham