Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

12. Kate Bishop

Kate Bishop Disney GIF - Kate Bishop Disney Hailee Steinfeld - Discover &  Share GIFs | Garotas, Atrizes, Vampiro

Average: 10.00 (Tie highest placement 2nd)

RANKINGS:

QK - 2/15

Victoria - 8/15

Steven - 11/15

Derek - 12/15

Zoey - 12/15

Public - 15/15

QK

2. Kate Bishop

l-intro-1633045032.jpg

Kate is the star on the Hawkeye show that was just recently released. Hawkeye himself is a super boring Marvel character so Hailee Steinfield carries the shows with her portrayal of Kate Bishop. Having lost her father during the Battle of New York, Bishop idolized the heroics of the Avenger Hawkeye, and trained herself throughout childhood to become a master in archery. She participated competitively in combat sports and won many awards. After investigating the activities of an auction house that fell under attack by the Tracksuit Mafia, she had inadvertently taken up the mantle of Ronin, which resulted in her coming face to face with Barton himself. She subsequently became his partner during an investigation into the Tracksuits, while also investigating her mother's fiancé Jack Duquesne of murdering Armand Duquesne III. When Bishop discovered her mother murdered Armand instead, and was secretly in league with Kingpin, Bishop worked with Barton to dismantle the Tracksuits' operations and arrest Eleanor. After the pair succeeded and Bishop had proven herself to be worthy, Barton rewarded her with the mantle of Hawkeye, which the two would now share. If it wasn't for Haileee this show would likely be highly unwatchable but since shes a Queen it was a fun watch. 

Victoria

08. Kate Bishop

Hailee Steinfeld No GIF by Marvel Studios

Kate Bishop is the new girl in town and she made the Top 15 so congrats to her. I love Hailee Steinfeld so much so I'm not disappointed that she made the Top 15. I just really wished Yelena Belova would have made the Top 15 with her. Their dynamic was very funny to watch unfold on the Disney+ series, Hawkeye. Katherine Elizabeth "Kate" Bishop is the daughter of Eleanor Bishop. Kate lost her father during the Battle of New York and she idolized the heroics of the Avenger Hawkeye, and trained herself throughout childhood to become a master in archery. The two teamed up and took down Kingpin and even aided in the arrest of her own mother. LEGEND. Haha. After Kate proved herself worthy in the eyes of Hawkeye, Clint rewarded her with the mantle of Hawkeye which they both would share.

Steven

Kate Bishop

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f64694e47556f4a715f43714772673d3d2d3831362e313663303861366239306164393763393338333637333737353937342e676966

I watched Hawkeye, and I liked Kate Bishop. She was a character who was determined to prove herself as a hero. I think Hailee Steinfeld was a good casting choice too. She made Kate easy to root for, and the dynamic between Kate and Hawkeye was fun to watch throughout the series too. Hawkeye was a pretty good Disney+ series too, and I look forward to seeing more of Kate in future MCU projects. There are a lot of noteworthy characters in this Top 15 and Kate is fairly new, so Kate kind of falls here by default. But I have no qualms with Kate having a spot in this Top 15.

Derek

Kate Bishop

I managed to leave an archer and Hawkeye affiliate alone for a whole game. Where's my award? I mean, I guess I have to stan any character that is going to help phase out the Bartons from the MCU. And it doesn't hurt that she's played by Hailee. I think I said it in a write-up for one of her parents, but I really like her backstory and how they actually gave some consequences to wrecking an entire city in the Avengers movie. Usually these kinds of action movies just blow up landmarks for spectacle and never deal with the fallout. For an ongoing universe like this I think it's important to not do that stuff lightly. 

Zoey

c0a4a8f744d05af0eafabf54ca074aa7cf94e07e

Kate Bishop appears in the Marvel television show Hawkeye. I haven't watched it yet since it only came out late last year and I'm always late to the party but it's on my list. I should've ranked Kate Bishop high for Hailee Steinfeld alone but this isn't the Pitch Perfect rankdown and I will not do that. I’m excited to see Hailee in a Marvel television series because she’s so wonderful. I believe Kate is to be trained to take over Hawkeye eventually so it’ll be fun to watch that dynamic between them when I eventually watch. The fact she’s excited to train as a superhero and he doesn’t want to be one.

Public

I really like Kate Bishop and I think she will do really well in the MCU.  The problem right now is she has only been in one limited series and she hasn't had the character growth these others have had over the last 20 years.  Give her 5 years and run this MCU again and I am sure she is probably a fan favorite.

12. Kate Bishop - I've only seen 5 minutes of Hawkeye so my ranking could change in the future - Rei

@FrogLenzen @QueenKalie @Steven_ @1234567890 @Zoey

11. Korg

Korg GIFs | Tenor

Average: 10.00 (Tie highest placement 1st)

RANKINGS:

Steven - 1/15

Derek - 8/15

Victoria - 11/15

Zoey - 11/15

Public - 14/15

QK - 15/15

Steven

Korg

korg-hey-man.gif

I did what I could to get Korg to this point of the rankdown, so of course I'm going to rank him #1. Korg was an instant favorite of mine after watching Thor: Ragnarok. He's a soft-spoken and polite Kronan warrior who meets Thor when he's captured. He helps him escape Sakaar, all while delivering some of the funniest lines in the MCU. Some of my favorites include:

"Oh, my God. The hammer pulled you off?!"

"I tried to start a revolution, but didn't print enough pamphlets so hardly anyone turned up. Except for my mum and her boyfriend, who I hate."

*After blasting a monster and saving Heimdall*

"Hey man. I'm Korg. This is Miek. We're gonna jump on that spaceship and get out of here. Wanna come?"

Korg is briefly shown in Endgame too, but his small scene was a funny one too. He's playing Fortnite, and he asks Thor to tell off a mean kid who's calling him names lol. And Korg fights in the final battle too. He'll be part of the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder movie too. Anyway, Korg is hilarious and wholesome, and I enjoy Taika Waititi's portrayal of the character. Korg's accent is part of his charm and helps him steal every scene he's in. Korg might have the least amount of screen time compared to every other character in our Top 15, but every Korg scene was a delight. Even though it's unlikely get a high overall ranking, I'm very glad he's here in our Top 15. He easily takes the #1 spot for me.

Derek

Korg

Look, Ragnarok is my favorite Marvel movie. I don't have anything against Korg. He's great. He's funny. He's a comedic relief side character. I love those. I just did not feel right seeing all of the OTHER comedic relief side characters get nominated and cut while Korg just sat there. I don't think he's the best one. All of my beloved Guardians characters all got thrown in the trash while Korg stayed around. And Steven contributed to those other characters getting cut! I am not a happy camper about that. I would love to have Korg in a Top 15 that included at least ONE of Rocket, Groot, Mantis, or Drax. But instead I don't even get NEBULA??? WHILE KORG IS HERE??????? That's messed up.

Victoria

11. Korg

tumblr_p5ndxsEQXF1sc0ffqo1_400.gifv

Korg is totally random character to make the Top 15 and I think we can all agree that he isn't worthy at all, but that is what makes these rankdowns so fun. Someone can love a character so much and fight for them tooth and nail and somehow they can make the Top 15 here. Congrats Steven on getting Korg in the finals. A funny and random edition to the finals. Korg is a Kronan warrior who hung out on Sakaar and was forced to participate in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions. Korg helped Thor and Bruce Banner escape from Sakaar with help from Valkyrie. After the defeat of Hela, Korg and Miek joined the Asgardians in their journey towards Earth following Ragnarok. He was the comic relief in Thor: Ragnarok so that's always good.

Zoey

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4f59316b44542d454d74394a41773d3d2d3531373032313138322e313530363538323635376336353766393338393630343333373133392e676966

Korg appears in multiple Marvel films and television shows but is probably mostly recognised for the Thor and Loki related ones. I like Korg as a character but I mostly like him because of Taika Waititi and my undying love for him and his girlfriend so this write-up will mostly focus on that. Taika was perfect for the role of Korg and did amazingly with it. I don’t think anyone else could’ve done what he did and I’m so happy they didn’t just let him go the funny meathead route like they do all the time. I hope we see more of him throughout the Marvel universe and we get to see Rita in a Marvel series one day.

Public

13. Korg - Why - Rei

I really like Korg and he was a pleasant surprise to see make the Top 15.  He isn't one of my Top favs but he was hilarious in Ragnarok!  

QK

15. Korg

thor_korg.0.jpg

Why is Korg still here? I guess every top 15 has to have some random choices I suppose? Korg is a Kronan warrior who hung out on Sakaar and was forced to participate in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions. Upon meeting Thor, Korg helped him and Bruce Banner escape from Sakaar with help from Valkyrie. After the defeat of Hela, Korg and Miek joined the Asgardians in their journey towards Earth following Ragnarök. After the Snap, Korg was one of the survivors, making his home in New Asgard with Miek and the rest of the surviving Asgardians, keeping Thor company as he descended into a drunken hermit over his failure to stop Thanos. During the Battle of Earth, Korg joined the battle to defeat an alternate version of Thanos, before heading back to New Asgard under Valkyrie's new rule. Congrats to Steven on dragging him this far I guess. 

8 hours ago, Solaris said:

And Steven contributed to those other characters getting cut! I am not a happy camper about that. I would love to have Korg in a Top 15 that included at least ONE of Rocket, Groot, Mantis, or Drax. But instead I don't even get NEBULA??? WHILE KORG IS HERE??????? That's messed up.

Wait, why am I getting blamed for those characters getting cut? I only nominated Drax. I didn't nominate or cut Rocket, Groot, or Mantis. 

Drax - Nominated by Steven. Cut by QK.

Mantis - Nominated by Victoria. Cut by QK.

Rocket - Cut by Victoria in the team twist.

Groot - Cut by Victoria in the team twist.

Nebula - QK's battle (Nebula vs. Gamora)

8 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Will the other rankers be mentioned in other write-ups? 🧐

no, I wrote that because Korg is by far the most minor character in the finals and you were his sponsor basically lol

I ranked him honestly at #8 and I wanted more minor characters with him! 

10. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

daredevil | GIF | PrimoGIF

Average: 9.50

RANKINGS:

Derek - 7/15

Public - 7/15

Victoria - 10/15

Zoey - 10/15

QK - 11/15

Steven - 12/15

Derek

Daredevil

Yaaaaaay we got a Netflix character in the finals! And thankfully the best one. Honestly we could have used more than this lol but I'll take what I can get. It's amazing how Marvel could flop so hard with Ben Affleck's Daredevil and then get it so correct with this one. I think a TV show format works really well with superhero characters because then you don't have to waste half of the film doing the same old introduction and learning about abilities and montage of getting good with your abilities, etc. etc. I can't wait for them to hopefully do more with this character since he was in the Spider-man movie.

Public

So I really liked his cameo in No Way Home.  I also really liked the first two seasons of his series.  Not enough to really rank him high as I had other favorites but he absolutely earned his spot in the Top 10!

Matt Murdock/DareDevil - Underrated Netflix king - Rei

Victoria

10. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

the defenders marvel GIF by NETFLIX

Daredevil is an interesting character in the Top 15 because before Spider-man: No Way Home he would have joined Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake as the only other character not officially in The MCU, but now he is in The MCU thanks to the latest Marvel release. Daredevil was my favorite of the Netflix MCU shows and is objectively the best. It's now on Disney+ now if you want to rewatch it. Matthew Michael "Matt" Murdock is a lawyer who had been blinded as a young boy by a radioactive substance that fell into his eyes from a crashed vehicle. I'm so glad The MCU is continuing with Charlie Cox as Daredevil and I'm excited to see what they do with him.

Zoey

Matt Murdock aka Daredevil appears in the Daredevil series by Marvel. The story behind Daredevil is an attorney who fights injustice during the day and become a vigilante by night. Matt Murdock first became a superhero when he was blinded as a small boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. He woke up and could hear everything that was happening in the hospital which obviously came as a surprise. He went on to fight injustices that happened throughout New York, mainly Hells Kitchen. I love any show that has New York as a backdrop! He’s a pretty cool superhero with a decent story.

QK

11. Matt Murdock/DareDevil

spider-daredevil-1.jpg

The Daredevil show pretty decent but honestly I liked the suporting cast better than I liked him. So I could have done without him being in the top 15 but I don't hate it I guess. Matthew Michael "Matt" Murdock is a lawyer who had been blinded as a young boy by a radioactive substance that fell into his eyes from a crashed vehicle. Even though he lost his sight, his other four remaining senses were heightened to superhuman levels. After mobsters killed his father, Murdock was trained by Stick to become a warrior, using his disability as an advantage to fight for the Chaste. However, Murdock's compassion for Elektra led him to be rejected by Stick. He then returned to Columbia University with Foggy Nelson to gain his law degree. Murdock dedicated his life to fighting injustice where he could find it in New York City; by day, as a lawyer with his law firm Nelson and Murdock, and by night, as a vigilante known as Daredevil. Murdock's actions as a crime fighter had eventually put him into conflict with a crime lord named Wilson Fisk. Murdock used his skills to expose Fisk's criminal activities and then have him arrested. Congrats again to Matt Murdock on making the top 15. 

Steven

Matt Murdock

daredevil-matt-murdock.gif

Matt Murdock is the only character in this Top 15 I'm unfamiliar with (apart from that one scene in No Way Home). I skimmed his MCU Wiki page and watched a couple Matt Murdock compilation videos on YouTube. I guess I can see why he's here in the Top 15. He seems like a cool character, and his backstory and superhuman abilities are interesting too. Nonetheless, I didn't see enough from the videos to want to rank him higher than here, or to start watching Daredevil. Congrats to his fans on getting him to the Top 15, but I couldn't rank Matt higher than characters I'm already a fan of.

@FrogLenzen @QueenKalie @Steven_ @1234567890 @Zoey