Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

Melina Vostokoff

Rachel-Weisz-Melina-Vostokoff-Black-Widow.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500&dpr=1.5

Probably made it this high just because it's Rachel Weisz. Black Widow is one of Marvel's weakest movies. I don't hate it, but it's super predictable and kinda pointless outside of Yelena. Melina is the adoptive mom of Natasha and Yelena. Melina was part of the organization that kidnapped women and trained them to be black widows, so that's not good. However, through the power of love and blah blah blah she joined up with her family and defeated the organization. Weisz's performance is amazing, as all her performances are, and helps elevate a rather bland and uninteresting character. Morally ambiguous parental figures is an archetype we've seen countless times. I'd still consider her one of the highlights of the movie, but that's a low bar. I waited this long because I'm giving the actual rankers a chance to cut and save first so you're welcome :kissbye:

Save Ying Nan

• Like 1

Cycle 10: Avenger's Assemble

avengers assemble gif - AllEars.Net

We are down to just 54 characters left in the MCU Rankdown.  This cycle is themed after the iconic scene of the Avenger’s becoming a team in the first movie. 

In this round, all 54 remaining characters will make their way onto one of six teams headed by each of the rankers.  This will be done by a ranking system.  Each of you will DM me a list of rankings on template shown at the bottom.  Each rank will be assigned a value, and the higher they are on the list the more points you are giving that character to make it on that persons team. 

1.  9 (14)

2.  8 (12)

3.  7 (11)

4.  6 (9)

5.  5 (8)

6.  4 (6)

7.  3 (5)

8.  2 (3)

9.  1 (2)

The rankings in brackets are for scores for your dynamic duo partner as they will receive a 1.5x multiplier (rounded up).  I will then work through and tally up all of the points.  The highest value one character has, will place it on that persons team.  After all of the point totals are calculated, I will do a list of everyone’s highest point totals, and start forming the teams.  If there is a tie for highest point total, the character will go to whatever team has fewer members on it at that time. If a team is full, that character will move to the persons team with the next highest score. If we get to the point where there are several full teams and there are 0 point value characters left, their teams will be randomized.

Example:

Captain America:

23 points - Victoria

21 points – Steven

2 points – QK

2 points – Derek

Captain America would join take one of Victoria’s 9 spots on their team. However if Victoria’s team was full, he would go to Steven. If both Victoria and Steven’s teams were full, he would go to whichever of QK and Derek had the fewest members on their team. 

What happens when you have your team of 9?  Well there is only a room on your final team for 6 characters.  You will be responsible for cutting three from your team.  There are no immunities, so who you cut from your team is entirely up to you.

At the end of this cycle we will have lost 1/3 of the remaining characters and be down to 36.

You have until at 12 CST on Friday to submit.  If you don’t submit on time, it will be randomized. Once the teams are revealed you will have 48 hours to post all 3 write ups. Zoey isn't ready to come back yet, so Alex will be tackling this cycle in her stead.

Top 54:

Adrian Toomes/Vulture

Agatha Harkness

Billy Maximoff

Bruce Banner/Hulk

Carl Lucas/Luke Cage

Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel

Chase Stein

Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake

Darcy Lewis

Dr. Steven Strange

Gamora

Groot

Hela

J.A.R.V.I.S./Vision

James Buchnan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

Jemma Simmons

Jessica Jones

Karen Page

Kate Bishop

Katy Chen

Korg

Leo Fitz

Loki

Lucky the Pizza Dog

Maria Hill

Matt Murdock/DareDevil

Melinda May

Nakia

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow

Nebula

Nick Fury

N'Jadaka/Erik "Killmonger" Stevens

Okoye

Peter Quill/Star-Lord

Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Rocket

Sam Wilson/The Falcon/Captain America

Scott Lang/Ant-Man

Scrapper 142/Valkyrie

Sersi

Sharon Carter/Agent 13/Power Broker

Steve Rogers/Captain America

T'Challa/ Black Panther

Thanos

Thena

Thor

Tony Stark/Iron Man

Trish Walker

Virginia "Pepper" Potts/Rescue

Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch

Xu Shang-Chi

Xu Xialing

Yelena Belova/Black Widow

Ying Nan

Alex:

Derek:

Elliott:

QK:

Steven:

Victoria:

Copy this template and copy paste it in DM to me! Make sure every one of the Top 54 is ranked on this template somewhere.

@Alex95 @FrogLenzen @Elliott @QueenKalie @Steven_ @1234567890

Edited by Solaris

• Solaris changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Cycle 10 Page 59)
38 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

So I guess the key to this is to get your top favorites on your team combined with some people that you don't care about.

or your top 9 favorites, and i get to watch you cry as you have to cut them!

Still awhile to go (19 hours).  But a slight change because I don't want to randomize for anyone who doesn't submit on time.  If you don't submit by Noon CST tomorrow, you won't have a say in how the teams are split. As in everyone gets a flat 0 score from you.  Your team will be left up to everyone else! There was over 36 hours notice for this, so no extensions and no strikes, just no say!

Tagging to make sure people see the change.

@Elliott @FrogLenzen @Alex95 @Steven_ @1234567890 @QueenKalie

Edited by Solaris

Just now, Elliott said:

I'm confused

Rank all 54 on the template provided with who you would most like to be on each persons team (yourself included).  Each of those spots is assigned a value.  Teams are made up at the end once I have tallied all the points.  You will be given your team tomorrow (which is decided by point totals), and you will need to cut 3 of the 9 on your team.

Does that help at all?