Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

VALENTINA

Valentinaallegra.png

Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine is a character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe who has appeared in the post-credits scene of Black Widow before appearing in two episodes of The Falcon and the Winter Solider. She is an associate of an organization interested in recruiting powerful individuals, and is portrayed by @JC's favourite actress Julia Louis-Dreyfuss. She was responsible for making the new Black Widow think Hawkeye killed the OG Black Widow instead of it being a sacrifice, which I'm sure will come into play again at some point knowing the MCU. Anyway she's a new character and doesn't have much purpose, so a very fair cut otherwise.

EDDIE BROCK / VENOM

venom-tom-hardy.gif

Eddie Brock / Venom appears in the post credits scene of Spider-Man: No Way Home. Eddie Brock is the host of a symbiote called Venom. There have been two Venom movies, but they aren't part of the MCU. So, I'll just discuss the post-credits scene in this write-up. After Doctor Strange cast the spell, Eddie was transported from his universe into the universe of the characters of the MCU. We see Eddie at a bar, and he learns about the Avengers and Thanos. While he's talking to the bartender, Venom can be heard making comments of his own about how they're drunk. Eddie ends up being transported back to his universe, but part of Venom remains behind. I guess Venom will appear in another MCU film? Anyway, out he goes from this rankdown.

Saving Hawkeye.

MelodicPhysicalAmethystinepython-max-1mb.gif

Ramonda

tumblr_p849fuXzjF1wcnds9o3_400.gifv

Really Ramonda should have left before Shuri, but Ramonda is played by Angela Basset and isn't problematic like Letitia Wright so it is what is it. Ramonda is the Queen Mother of Wakanda, wife of T'Chaka, and mother of T'Challa and Shuri. She stood by her son's side when he became King of Wakanda, but was soon forced into exile when Erik Killmonger defeated T'Challa in ritual combat and took over the throne. During the Battle of Wakanda, both of Ramonda's children were disintegrated by Thanos, but was reunited with her children five years later by The Hulk. Angela Basset is a QUEEN, but she plays a minimal role in the MCU.

Save: Chase Stein

Joaquin Torres

Danny-Ramirez-Joaquin-Torres-falcon-wint

This guy lasted longer than he probably should have so I have no issues cutting him here. He was in 5 episodes of the tv show The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. First Lieutenant Joaquín Torres is a United States Air Force lieutenant and intelligence officer, and a friend of Sam Wilson.  Torres is a genuine, friendly man. This is shown with his friendship with Sam Wilson, providing answers that help him on his missions and helping with transportation means. Torres is also very motivated and courageous, going to Switzerland on his own to investigate the Flag Smashers instead of waiting for backup. So the dude is really not all that important in the grand scheme of things so out he goes from the rankdown now. 

Save Hope van Dyne/Wasp

PIETRO MAXIMOFF

Qckslvr.jpg

Pietro Maximoff is the real name of Quicksilver, a superhero who only appeared in Age of Ultron. I assume he lasted this long because there is a lot of fodder, and because Aaron Taylor-Johnson is hot. I don't know. Age of Ultron is the worst of the Avengers movies, and one of my least favourites in the MCU overall, so I don't really remember much about his character arc. I remember he died to save Hawkeye, which was weird. Wanda naturally was grief-stricken after his death.

SAVE: Xu