Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

Billy Maximoff

Billymaximoff Wandavision GIF - Billymaximoff Wandavision Billy - Discover  & Share GIFs

Marvel Gifs — Billy Maximoff + saving his parents

Billy-WandaVision-1-06-All-New-Halloween 

Billy Maximoff is a very minor character in the grand scheme of the MCU, and the reason he placed high was because my fellow rankers humored me for this long, so that was fun and I appreciate it. Billy appeared in the WandaVision TV show (the best Marvel show and one of the best things to come out of the MCU). As I mentioned in the beginning of the rankdown, there are a number of reasons why I have a soft spot for this Billy character. He was the lead in the segment about 2000s sitcoms, directly inspired by Malcolm in the Middle, which is an amazing show and soooo nostalgic for me. But also the creation of Billy is fascinating. Billy only existed in the Wanda magic dimension she made in that town. She used magic to make herself pregnant with the memory of Vision, I guess??? It's not like Vision could be a biological father whether he was dead or alive. And then she birthed the twins. All part of the illusion??? Crazy. And then the twins grew up super fast and suddenly were walking and talking and actual children.

Were the twins real?? Were they alive? They had their own personalities and abilities and it seemed like they were separately sentient from Wanda. But were they really? Or were they just extensions of her thoughts? Did she create life that could exist without her or was it all just an illusion she created? Well, at the end of WandaVision, Vision and the twins are gone. Which is super sad, but what was the alternative? Lots of interesting questions and a fascinating character to me. 

In the comics, the twins DO have souls, and the souls get reincarnated into actual real humans. Billy's soul becomes the Young Avenger, Wiccan. If you don't know about Wiccan, he is awesome and easily the best Young Avenger in my book. He has the same powers we see Billy using in the WandaVision show. I think it's safe to say that we will see Billy/Wiccan again in the MCU as part of the Young Avengers, which include Cassie Lang and Kate Bishop. I guess it depends if Disney is brave enough to have a gay Young Avenger or if they like Chinese and Russian box office money more.

It's possible that we will see more of Billy/Wiccan in the upcoming movie about the multiverse with Wanda! I think that might be an interesting opportunity to have some interaction with Wanda and to bring Billy into the MCU as a teenager. We shall see what unfolds!

Edited by FrogLenzen

I received 6 public votes including myself, so everyone had their Top 2 put in.  There were a duplicate in the Top 2, so the last spot was the most commonly appearing name on the 6 lists that wasn't already nominated.

Inhuman Nominations:

Dr. Steven Strange

Gamora

James Buchnan "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

Jessica Jones

Kate Bishop

Korg

Melinda May

Sam Wilson/The Falcon/Captain America

Sersi

Steve Rogers/Captain America

Thanos

Trish Walker

Everyone may now cut/save except for Elliott, who still needs to do his Pepper Potts write up before he is eligible.  You have 24 hours.  Any unclaimed cut/saves in that time are free for anyone to pick up!

@Elliott @1234567890 @Zoey @Steven_ @FrogLenzen @QueenKalie

T3SG.gif
JESSICA JONES

Jessica Jones appears in the series Jessica Jones and I haven’t watched it. She went on to appear in the Defenders when she teamed up with other superheroes to fight crime. Jessica lived a pretty normal life until she was adopted and found out she possessed super powers from the car crash which killed her parents. She went on to become a private investigator and used her powers towards this. She was able to possess superhuman strength, flight and durability. I don’t really intend on watching the series so I don’t know what she does throughout but I did see a trailer and my mind is made up. I didn’t expect her to win her last battle so I might as well take her out here.

Saving Thanos.

giphy.gif

Trish Walker

tumblr_ohmk2t27rD1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

I guess it's fitting both Trish and Jessica leave in the same round even though I love Jessica Jones. :( Leo Fitz is the last remaining returnee standing so congrats @Steven_. :clap: Trish Walkers is a former model, child TV star and a former successful radio talk show host. She is the adoptive sister of Jessica Jones. Trish overcame her past as an abused child star which lead ro a drug addiction. Trish become instrumental in Jessica's quest to stop Kilgrave. She became envious of Jessica's powers so after receiving powers from an experimental surgery, Trish became a vigilante known as Hellcat. She helped Jessica Jones to track down villains, but eventually lost her way, becoming a killer herself. Trish Walker was finally stopped by Jessica Jones and arrested, being imprisoned in the Raft. What a story. I like Trish, but @Solaris changed my mind about my cut with his post. :haha:

Save: Steve Rogers/Captain America

GAMORA

UXP2F6.gif

Gamora first appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy. She is the adopted daughter of Thanos. After he killed half her race, he raised her to be a fierce assassin. She grew up resenting him, but she finally freed herself from him when she joined up with the Guardians of the Galaxy. They were a group of misfits who were held captive together, but they worked together to escape and save the universe. Gamora also had a bad relationship with her sister Nebula. She kept trying to kill Gamora, but somehow they managed to make amends in the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Gamora is also a love interest for Star-Lord. I never really understood why Gamora eventually grew to have feelings for him too. It's that typical love story trope where a guy keeps pursuing a woman until she caves in and agrees she likes him too. Anyway, while Thanos was collecting those Infinity Stones, he ended up sacrificing Gamora to obtain the Soul Stone. Apparently Gamora is what Thanos loved the most, but how much could he really have loved her if he was willing to kill her for his own selfish desires? Anyway, Gamora was killed, but she ended up returning due to a plot twist involving different timelines. 2014 Gamora managed to travel to the present, but she didn't have any memories of what the original Gamora went through. I'm not surprised the writers figured out a way to bring Gamora back into the films. Anyway, Gamora isn't one of my favorite characters, but she wasn't a target of mine either. This is just how the round ended up playing out with these nominations.

Saving Korg.

Dr. Strange

Benedict Cumberbatch Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Dr. Strange was a rich neurosurgeon who injured himself and was not able to use his hands anymore. He's arrogant, entitled, rude, condescending, bitter, angry, stubborn. And most of that was probably still true even before his injury. That's his character. That's what makes him interesting to watch in a movie. But that doesn't mean I have to like him. He is constantly being used as a plot device nowadays. The abilities he has as a time wizard with the portals or whatever is a frequent deus ex machina, and with the new Spider-man movie it was the entire reason that there was a plot at all. He acts without thinking, blames others for his mistakes, is irresponsible, and lowkey annoying. Dr. Strange gets his sequel movie next month so we shall see if being with Wanda endears him to me. As for now, I was planning to use my final cut on him so now this frees up some of my time. 

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Dr. Strange

Benedict Cumberbatch Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Dr. Strange was a rich neurosurgeon who injured himself and was not able to use his hands anymore. He's arrogant, entitled, rude, condescending, bitter, angry, stubborn. And most of that was probably still true even before his injury. That's his character. That's what makes him interesting to watch in a movie. But that doesn't mean I have to like him. He is constantly being used as a plot device nowadays. The abilities he has as a time wizard with the portals or whatever is a frequent deus ex machina, and with the new Spider-man movie it was the entire reason that there was a plot at all. He acts without thinking, blames others for his mistakes, is irresponsible, and lowkey annoying. Dr. Strange gets his sequel movie next month so we shall see if being with Wanda endears him to me. As for now, I was planning to use my final cut on him so now this frees up some of my time. 

save Melinda