Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

SAW V

BHWX6NCXZ4LYUMAWDY7U6VXDLY.jpg

Being left between two Saw films? A PERSONAL ATTACK ON MYSELF. But Saw VI is easily the far superior of the two, so out goes Saw V here. Saw V is the fifth entry of the Saw franchise, and the second film to have zero involvement from James Wan, Leigh Whannel or even Darren Lynn Bousman, the second film to continue the story after they killed off Jigsaw, and the second film to focus on Hoffman-ator. Saw V tells the story of five (or was it six?) criminals who are stuck inside a torture house and must make it out alive. They think it's a survival of the fittest and then they realize at the end they should've worked together. Riveting. Meghan Goode from Cousin Skeeter is in this, as is the iconic winner of Scream Queens, Miss Tanedra Howard. There's also the storyline with Straham, Hoffman and Perez, but no1curr.

SAVE: Saw VI

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Chris' Noms Next)

Scary Movie 4
images.jpg

Scary Movie 4 was an 2006 American comedy horror film like the title applies was the fourth installment in the Scary Movie film series. Yes apparently we needed 4 of these movies? Okay more like 6 now? I can't keep track and let's be honest nothing will top the first so they really should stop trying..this one had Anna Farris in it who I want the best for after all the sh*t Chris Pratt puts her and her son though. Not enough to save this movie though.  Apparently Dr. Phil acts? Um okay then interesting, I guess. He is in the Movie.. I think that justifies this cut in itself.

Saving Herbie: Fully Loaded

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Chris' Noms Posted)

Disaster movie.jpg

The parody craze was strong after Scary Movie and Not Another Teen Movie came out. I think those two are actually watchable and funny if you know the references. Unfortunately, Hollywood beat the parody movies down deep into the ground. Disaster Movie was maybe the worst of them all. This came out in 2008 and stars Matt Lanter (???) and Vanessa Lachey. Wikipedia conveniently has a page for the worst movies of all time. 24 films from the 2000s are listed on this Wiki page. Disaster Movie is on that list. Some other parodies make that list as well, including another one up for elimination in this round. Fingers crossed we can get rid of them. I should have found this Wiki list when we were trying to do our first cuts in this game lol

Save Scary Movie 3

MEET THE SPARTANS (2008)

5e3a8fa3ac2558d897fc0e62bbc848cc.jpg

Meet the Spartans is a parody film released in 2008. It's mainly a spoof of 300, but there are other pop culture references throughout the film. These include Shrek, Happy Feet, Britney Spears, American Idol, Spider-Man 3, and more. If you've seen any of the other films written by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, then you pretty much know what you're getting with this film. A couple of the Scary Movie films were funny, but Meet the Spartans is just stupid and not worth watching at all. According to Rotten Tomatoes, Meet the Spartans has a 2% approval rating. The site consensus says, "A tired, unfunny, offensive waste of time, Meet the Spartans scrapes the bottom of the cinematic barrel." A review in Radio Times says, "This latest installment in Friedberg and Seltzer's franchise hammers a final nail into the coffin with an utterly atrocious collection of imbecilic skits... it's junk-food cinema at its worst. One cringes to think what future cultural historians will make of it… and us." These parody movies are among the dumbest movies ever made, yet sometimes they do well at the box office. Meet the Spartans earned $84 million on a $30 million budget. Thankfully these parody movies finally stopped being made. According to Wikipedia, the last parody film made by this Friedberg and Seltzer duo was The Starving Games in 2013. It was a box office failure, so that's probably why they finally stopped making these films. Somehow I missed this film on the list while I was looking up films to eliminate in the first round, but at least it leaves the rankdown now.

Saving Kangaroo Jack.

kangaroo-jack-nice.gif

My Boss's Daughter

tumblr_po4adhuSRh1x2vz1vo2_400.gifv

All of these movies can go so good job, @*Chris. 😘 I forgot this movie even existed. :haha: My Boss's Daughter is a 2003 American romantic comedy film directed by David Zucker. It stars Ashton Kutcher, Tara Reid and Terence Stamp. The film revolves around a man housesitting for his boss and getting into various hijinks with the people who come over to his place. My Boss's Daughter received negative reviews from critics and was a box office flop, grossing $18 million worldwide against a production budget of $14 million (not including advertising and distribution costs) so it's safe to say it lost money. It was Charlotte Zucker's final film role before her death on September 5, 2007. The film received three nominations at the 24th Golden Raspberry Awards including Worst Actor for Ashton Kutcher (also for Cheaper by the Dozen and Just Married), Worst Supporting Actress for Tara Reid and Worst Screen Couple for both Ashton Kutcher and Tara Reid. Ashton's hot and this was one Tara was a box office name, but that time has passed. :haha: I mean the Tara part. This movie is gone now, bye. 👋

Save: Bewitched

FAT ALBERT

814687f8-0825-4cfd-86bf-13c8c2a18089_1.3

I guess I'll go with Fat Albert because I never enjoyed this movie, while young Elliott who had no taste did find BMH2 funny-ish. Fat Albert is the 2005 live adaption of the B*ll C*sby animated show, Fat Albert and the C*sby Kids. It stars Kenan Thompson in the title role, and also features Kyla Pratt (friendly reminder that The Proud Family revival is set to begin soon 😘) and B*ll C*sby. The film's plot is that the characters from the animated '70s show somehow wind up in the real world in 2005, and have to deal with the fact that they aren't popular anymore. It has a 23% at Rotten Tomatoes, with most reviews apparently calling it bland.

SAVE: Big Momma's House 2

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Victoria's Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Victoria's Noms Posted)

Bubble Boy (2001)

Bubble Boy movie poster.jpg

This mess stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a boy without an immune system. The concept is taken from a 1976 TV movie starring John Travolta. I say that to note that the "bubble boy" concept had already been part of pop culture before this movie existed. Here, the boy lives in a bubble and meets a girl and he decides to create a bubble suit so he can go track her down and confess his love. Apparently, the writers of this movie also created a musical called Bubble Boy. Based on wikipedia, the musical was better received than the film. Some random other actors in this movie: Fabio, Zach Galifianakis, Stacy Keebler, Danny Trejo, and Verne Troyer.

Save 300

2 Fast 2 Furious
1653-5.jpg

First of all I am sure this won't be the last Furious movie I cut because like I don't get the hype literally at all. Anyway, here we begin with 2 fast 2 furious which was the 2nd film in the franchise. It was one of the ones who had Queen Eva Mendes in it but alas that isn't enough to save it. Messy a** Vin Diesel leads the franchise. I think that's all he does that this point but I can't blame him easy money I guess.  Rip to Paul Waker who has sadly passed away since the the filming of the movies.

Saving The Santa Clause 2