Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

Home on the Range

home-on-the-range-maggie.gif

I have seen and heard of this movie before, but it's not one of my biggest favorites from Disney by a long shot. It's a cute movie though just nothing super special in my opinion. So Home on the Range is a 2004 American animated Western musical comedy film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Home on the Range features the voices of Roseanne Barr, Judi Dench, Jennifer Tilly, Cuba Gooding Jr., Randy Quaid and Steve Buscemi. The film is set in the Old West and focuses on a trio of cows: Maggie, Mrs. Calloway, and Grace. The three cows must capture an infamous cattle rustler named Alameda Slim for his bounty in order to save their idyllic farm from foreclosure. The movie received mixed reviews, but I did like the song "Anytime You Need A Friend" by The Beu Sisters.

Save: RV

He's Just Not That Into You (2009)

Notintoyouposter.jpg

It's a movie based on a self-help book. Like. It is an ensemble movie, as you can see based on the poster, and it follows Ginnifer Goodwin as Gigi while she bumbles around her romantic life not being able to read obvious signals from other people. When you have a movie that is 129 minutes long, with 9 actors, mostly A-listers, to keep track of, you're not going to have time for a lot of substance or nuance or real character development. Ugh what else can we talk about here. The score was done by Mr. Cliff Eidelman, who also composed scores for Star Trek VI, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, and Free Willy 3. 

Save Cocoa Puffs

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Victoria & Derek's Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Victoria & Derek's Noms Posted)

funny-games.png?fit=900,500&ssl=1

6ys2.gif

Funny Games is a movie that I am not too familiar with - I haven't heard of it until now so it was an easy cut. It is a physchological thriller that was released in 2007 and it's apparently a remake of a movie of the same name from the same writer and director ; In fact, it was a shot for shot remake - it is with English actors in the US compare to the original. The cast stars Naomi Watts ( :wub: ), Tim Roth, Michael Pitt and Brady Corbet.  The synopsis of the movie is that it follows a middle class family who ends up being torture by two young criminals while on vacation. It has received mixed reviews from viewers and critics so I am okay with cutting the movie from the rankdown.

SAVING : THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES

Edited by *Chris
  • Sad 1

Horton Hears a Who

Horton Hears a Who! is my choice cut during this round. It is a children's film which for some reason I seem to be cutting a lot of those lately (sorry to my kids!). Just based on the choices it felt like the most fair cut to make. It doesn't add anything to our rankdown. The film was released in 2008 and starred Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, Carol Burnett, Will Arnett, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Amy Poehler, Isla Fisher and Selena Gomez among others. It is a star studded cast but it is also it is Dr. Seuss' film so that should not be shocking it got so many huge names to voice characters in the film.

Saving: Marley & Me

SEVEN POUNDS (2008)

MV5BMTU0NzY0MTY5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY3MDEwMg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Seven Pounds is a drama starring Will Smith. He plays a man who is determined to carry out a personal mission to save the lives of seven people. Spoiler alert, but he’s a man stricken with grief after he caused a car crash while texting while driving. The crash killed six strangers and his fiancée. He plans to commit suicide after making sure his organs will be delivered to people who need them. He cannot live with what he did, so this is his way of atonement. As for what the critics thought of the film, Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 27% approval rating. The consensus reads: “Grim and morose, Seven Pounds is also undone by an illogical plot.”

Saving Confessions of a Shopaholic.

shopping-is-so-relaxing-when-i-shop.gif

Edited by Steven_

Brideshead Revisited

MV5BMTcwMTI2NDk0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEw

Despite what the picture may imply, I fear the movie is not as gay as it should be. I can't believe the round hasn't ended yet, but I'm putting an end to things :kissbye:. I haven't seen either movie, but I'm going with the one I'd probably like more which is Frances McDormand being a wingwoman to Amy Adams. So in this one, Matthew Goode and Ben Whishaw appear to become bffs. Whishaw is Very Gay and the audiences have hope this will be some c00t gay period piece forbidden love story. Instead Whishaw brings Goode home to meet his family and Goode falls in love with his sister lol TRAGIC. Ben's character DIES halfway through the movie and what even is the point? How many straight period piece love stories can one watch?! We long for better days! Luca Guadagnino was planning a miniseries based on the novel with Andrew Garfield and Joe Alwyn and I trust Andrew would have given the gays everything they want, but alas it seems dead as of now. Oh well, maybe some day.

Saving Miss Pettigrew

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana & Derek's Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana & Derek's Noms Posted)

SAW VI (2009)

MV5BMTMyNTM5MDcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzkzMzY4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Released in 2009, this is the sixth film in the Saw franchise. These films somehow were able to build a strong enough following to keep making these horror torture films. I haven't seen any Saw movies, but I've heard the first one is the best. The rest are apparently hit-or-miss, but I'll never seek out to watch these films to find out myself. This film sees an insurance executive forced to play deadly games to save his employees. I don't really know why the movie's tagline in the poster is "He helped me," but maybe people here who have seen the film can explain? Anyway, Saw VI has a 40% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The consensus reads: "It won't earn the franchise many new fans, but Saw VI is a surprising step up for what has become an intricately grisly annual tradition."

Saving Away We Go.

tumblr_mnqa4tOClP1qzwgfgo1_500.gif

• Sad 2