Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

AMERICAN GANGSTERS

on my phone so will add picture tomorrow 

These noms could have been worst but there’s like three movies that I really like so I had to save the one that I love the most and therefore having to eliminate American Gangsters.  For those unfamiliar with American Gangsters, it was released in 2007 and it’s a biopic and crime movie about Frank Lucas, a gangster that smuggled drugs in the US during the Vietnam War. The movie features Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe in the lead role, and features Chiwetel Ejiofor and Cuba Gooding Jr.  Overall , the movie does what it’s meant to do and that’s why no one is really disappointed with the movie. But I do feel that the one involved probably thought it was going to be the movie of the year and dominate the awards but wasn’t the case especially with the crop of 2007 films and it was nothing praise worthy imo. 

SAVING: AMELIE

Planet of the Apes

Planet_of_the_Apes_(2001)_poster.jpg

The randomizer was fairly nice to me, so congratulations The Notebook, you can live despite being bad/overrated. Planet of the Apes is a sci-fi film invoving an Air Force astronaut named Leo Davidson (plaed by Mark Wahlberg) crash-lands on a mysterious planet in 2029 where evolved, talking apes dominate a race of primitive humans.  After being captured by the apes he is nurtured by ape Ari (played by Helena Bonham Carter) and hunted by chimpanzee General Thade as he leads a rebel group of humans and chimpanzees both to search for his craft and lead them to victory of the apes' tyranny. I love my sci-fi but this film was kind of dull and confusing and I don't remember a lot about it and it only has a 44% on RT, so it's a fair cut at this stage. Out it goes.

Saving: Juno

Edited by ~Tom~

Watchmen

Is this a comic book movie? Obviously I should cut it. Although on first glance of these nominations this was the second movie I cared the least about that was left. Between the movie I am saving, Juno, Mamma Mia and 500 days it all seems like the randomizer hates me today. Anyway back to this movie it was released in 2009 and has a 61% on rotten tomates it isn't a huge classic or anything like some of these nominations so it is a fair cut although I do love Jeffrey Dean Morgan he is a favorite of mine so sorry to him and him alone for this cut lol

I'll trust Alex that the TV show is better than a movie I have seen neither. 

Saving The Notebook 

• Sad 1

Dreamer (2005)

The faces of a man and a girl. Below a girl leading a horse across a field

Child Actress Dakota Fanning in a horse movie. Goodbye. I've never seen this, obviously. Let's see if we can get a quick summary on here since idc about spoilers lol... good lord this sounds awful. The dad is a horse trainer who doesn't pay attention to his daughter, the main horse character gets injured, the girl stops her dad from having it put down, saving the horse ruins his career, they try to breed the horse but she's infertile, they race the horse again but then sell it, the girl is sad so they buy it back, they race the horse again and it wins. The end. I like horse movies maybe even less than boxing movies, if you can believe

Save The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

CORPSE BRIDE (2005)

MV5BMTk1MTY1NjU4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIzMTEzMw@@._V1_.jpg

I was requested not to cut Monster, and people gave me grief last time I cut Mamma Mia! from the rankdown. So, that just leaves me with Corpse Bride and (500) Days of Summer. I like both films, but I think (500) Days of Summer has better longevity in this game. Therefore, Corpse Bride will be my cut here. Released in 2005, Corpse Bride is the third stop-motion animated musical dark fantasy film produced by Tim Burton (the previous two being The Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach). This film is about a man named Victor engaged to be married to a woman named Victoria. It's an arranged marriage, but they do love each other. After he flees the church in a panic after messing up the rehearsal, he goes into a forest to practice his wedding vows. He sets his ring on what he thinks is an upturned root. However, it's actually the finger of a dead bride named Emily. She rises from the dead and accepts Victor as her new husband before taking him to the Land of the Dead. Victor tries to return to the Land of the Living to reunite and marry with Victoria. It's been a long time since I've seen this film, but I remember enjoying it. I probably would've saved this film if there were different nominations, but alas this is what the randomizer chose. As for what the critics thought, Corpse Bride has an 84% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The consensus reads: "As can be expected from a Tim Burton movie, Corpse Bride is whimsically macabre, visually imaginative, and emotionally bittersweet."

Saving (500) Days of Summer.

200.gif

While we wait in @Elliott's cut, the public can begin sending noms! Rank your top five films you'd like to see nominated from one to five and pm or dm them to me. Films ranked first are what you'd most like to see nominated and films ranked fifth are least out of your five picks. You can nominate anything except those films nominated this past round, highlighted in green.

@.Rei @*Wallace @QueenKalie @totes4totes @#jeah @NGM @1234567890 @aliasocfan @taylorkat

Noms will be posted at 11:00pm EST tomorrow night.

@FrogLenzen @*Chris @~Tom~ @*Diana @Steven_ @Elliott

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Public Noms Next)