Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

MADAGASCAR: ESCAPE 2 AFRICA

madagascar-hippo.gif

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa is a sequel that exists for some reason. Money. It is the follow-up to the film Madagascar, which ended with the storyline completely wrapped up and thus did not need a sequel. Money The film once again features the voices of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith, Sacha Karen Cohen, Cedric the Entertainer, Andy Richter and Elisa Gabrielli. They are joined this time by Bernie Mac, Alec Baldwin, Sherri Shepherd and will.i.am. Bernie Mac passed away prior tot he film's release, and the film was thus dedicated in his memory. In Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, the zoo animals are now in Madagascar (shocker, I know), and learn how to bond with their own animals. It was followed by a third film.

SAVE: Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Derek's Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Derek's Noms Posted)

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Xwwn.gif

I am sorry but these films are terrible and really I should of nominated them all to be cut my round but alas here we are. Honestly I was in the unpopular group and was always team Jacob but I actually enjoyed New Moon the most of all the twilight movies but is is still twilight so I will cut it. This movie stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Patterson and Taylor Lautner among other supporting cast members. This is the 2nd film of the franchise and focuses more on Bella and Jacob for the first half before going back to Edward. Typical love triangle expect one is a vampire and one is a wolf.

SAVING Sex and the City

the-wild-509a1d907a161.png

DownrightFearfulBronco-size_restricted.gif

The Wild was released in 2006, and it was produced by Walt Disney Pictures, Hoytyboy Pictures, Sir Zip Studios and Contrafilm - I am really only familiar with Walt Disney out of those, and I have never heard of this movie until now. The story takes place at the Central Park Zoo and revolves around the bond of a father & son where the dad tells his son stories about the adventures in The Wild of Africa, and the son wants to go in the Wild of Africa - spoiler alert : it seems that he did end up going to The Wild of Africa.  The movie earned $102 million which is only $20 million more than their budget, and it receives plenty of criticism for being too similar to Madagascar and mixed reviews about their animation. In other words, this seems to be a dollar store version of Madagascar but some people prefers The Wild to the latter. 

SAVING : THE PACIFIER

12 hours ago, *Chris said:

the-wild-509a1d907a161.png

one of my least favorite movies I've ever watched. I was on an overnight field trip as a senior in high school and one of the days they planned was a movie day and they took us to the theater to see this and it was awful

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

tfw your birth year on a username would make everyone think you're a nazi

tfw I used to be IDFAlex on twitter and then like five months later I realized I didn't want people to think I was part of the Israel Defense Forces 👁️👄👁️

• Haha 1

Sherrybaby

tumblr_pyud8hyEO61wkw1oyo4_1280.png

None of the movies left are particularly good so I'm just saving the one I remember enjoying as a kid. :dead: Eliza and Nigel were those bitches so they can stay. 😘 I have never heard of this movie before in my life so it's an easy cut for me. 🤷‍♀️ Sorry, Maggie Gyllenhaal. Sherrybaby is a 2006 American drama film written and directed by Laurie Collyer. Screened at the Sundance Film Festival on January 25, 2006, the film received a limited release in the United States on September 8, 2006. The movie is about a woman who has been recently released from prison and who is recovering from a heroin addiction. She is trying to rebuild her life and her relationship with her her daughter. Sherrybaby received generally positive reviews from critics so it probably was actually the best movie left from the remaining nominations, but oh well. :haha:

Save: The Wild Thornberrys Movie

ERAGON (2006)

10517.jpg

Eragon is a fantasy film based on the book of the same name by Christopher Paolini. It tells the story of a farm boy named Eragon who discovers a dragon egg. When the egg hatches into the dragon Saphira, Eragon becomes a dragon rider and sets off on an adventure. As a new dragon rider, he could be the one prophesied to free the people of Alagaesia from the evil ruler Galbatorix. I remember reading the first book of this series, and I did like it. The movie, however, was a total mess. The writing and acting were bad, and so many plot details were screwed up. It wasn't a faithful adaptation at all, which angered a lot of fans. According to Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 16% approval rating and says "Eragon is a fantasy epic that lacks any magic, brought down to earth by unconvincing world-building and a litany of stars who seem bemused by the material." I was never as big of a fan of the books as I was with Harry Potter, so I can't say I was that upset by how bad the film was. I also didn't really mind that the rest of the books weren't made into films either. But last year, there was a social media campaign for Disney+ to reboot the series into a TV show. It worked for Percy Jackson, so maybe there'll be a Eragon reboot in the near future? I guess we'll see, but out goes the movie from this rankdown.

Saving Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.

70a83044016babf2809b7f174845a33875ee0bea.gifv