The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
The Stepford Wives
The Tigger Movie
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Year One

Alright this is the list of 34 as of right now

These are locked in as our first 34 cuts and will miss out on the illustrious top 1000. Cycle 2 will start tonight.

Cycle 2 - The Yellow Brick Road

yellowbrickroad.jpg

While we may have some twists and turns along the way, there's no reason why we can't start the game walking down a straight line. When it's your turn to nominate, you will nominate ten films. The other five rankers will each cut one save one as per usual. Nothing fancy. No films can be nominated in two subsequent rounds. Please make your cuts and saves within 24 hours. If you do not, you will receive a strike putting your golden tickets in danger, and anyone can make the remaining cuts and saves (other rankers, nominator, public, host, etc.)

Here is the nominating order:

Uwk6KBH.png

Looks like @*Diana will start the cycle off and she now has 24 hours to nominate!

@FrogLenzen @*Chris @1234567890 @Steven_ @Elliott

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Cycle 2 Posted)

Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
The Shaggy Dog
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
You Don't Mess with the Zohan

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana's Noms Posted)

Agent Cody Banks 2 film.jpg

Agent Cody Banks 2. The sequel doesn't have Hillary Duff. Absolute failure. It deserves the first write-up of the game just for that. Let's be honest, the first Cody Banks was just okay. But this was somehow a million times worse. I don't even see Hillary Duff mentioned on the Wiki anywhere. Not even any mention of her character? Any casting drama? Any acknowledgement of her contribution to this ""franchise""???? Get out. There was no third Cody Banks movie. Cody Banks is about a teenaged CIA agent. The title of this film suggests that he goes abroad at some point during the movie. I don't think we are at the point in this game where directors matter, but I need some words so the director here was Kevin Allen. It took his career 11 years to recover from this: he didn't direct another movie until 2015. 

AAAABbvOCGfXz6YuBaeReG25_7uvwPh48k0DqzYQ7FVCzYFg2v6k6E9jya-hZAk_cxgfeDxdIK9vcRoz33x5aGzoDj37Otk0bBLspbjC.png?r=d44

VOXS.gif

This comedy released in 2008 is produced & written by Adam Sandler who also appears in the movie as its lead character, Zohan Dvir.  In the movie, Zohan is an Israeli army counterterrorist commando who decided to fake his own death to become an hairstylist in NYC because there's no better place in the world to become an hairstylist than NYC.  On top of being a comedy, this movie has some hint of action especially when Zohan is identified by a Palestinian cab driver who knew Zohan - he ends up hiring someone to do a hit on Zohan, who has also fallen in love with Dalia (portrayed by Emmanuelle Chriquim whom I am sure is the highlight of the movie) and he ends up leaving the city to protect her.  What happens to Zohan ? You can either sit through this stupid comedy or you can go on Wikipedia.

The movie made $204.3 million worldwide during its theatrical release, but the reception was not a hit with many criticizing the plot and calls it another mess from Sandler which is very much his brand. Also, let it be know, if we just want to get rid of all the stupid comedy right away, I am down for that plan ! 

SAVING : ICE AGE - THE MELTDOWN

Edited by *Chris

I remember the trailer for that from a million years ago but I had no idea what it was about omg :dead:. Maybe I'm not giving it enough credit, but I do not trust an Adam Sandler comedy to delicately discuss the nuances of the Israel/Palestinian conflict :dead:

• Like 1

THE SHAGGY DOG (2006)

p_theshaggydog2006_19913_05a8dba9.jpeg?region=0,0,540,810

The Shaggy Dog is a remake of the 1959 film of the same name. This movie stars Tim Allen as a lawyer who gets bitten by a sacred dog. As a result, he begins transforming into a dog. The comedy of the film is just seeing Tim Allen behave like a dog, but that doesn't seem very funny to me. The ending is probably something like Tim Allen's character learning to appreciate his family and to not spend so much time at work. And it's because he became a dog is why he managed to learn this lesson. That's just my guess, because I have zero interest in ever watching this film. The original film was a hit, but this remake was universally panned. According to Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 26% approval rating. The site also said, "This Disney retread has neither inspiration nor originality, but may please moviegoers under the age of ten." The film received three Razzie nominations: Worst Actor for Tim Allen, Worst Remake or Rip-Off, and Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment. It didn't "win" any of these categories though. The Shaggy Dog just seems like a dumb movie, so out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

giphy.gif

Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams

AmusingPlainAllosaurus-size_restricted.g

*cue @Alex95 eliminating me from the rankdown for getting rid of a movie that has one of of The PenaVega's, Alexa Vega. :haha:* I liked the first Spy Kids movie, but I don't particularly remember all the sequels nor are they really needed. The first one is the best one and even that one doesn't deserve the finals. :dead: Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams is a 2002 American action comedy film written, shot, edited and directed by Robert Rodriguez. Robert Rodriguez also produced with Elizabeth Avellán. It stars Antonio Banderas, Carla Gugino, Alexa Vega, Daryl Sabara, Mike Judge, Ricardo Montalbán, Holland Taylor, Emily Osment, Christopher McDonald, and Steve Buscemi. The first installment of Spy Kids franchise was released in 2001 this was the sequel to that installment. Upon release, Spy Kids 2 received mostly positive reviews from critics and grossed over $119 million worldwide. It was popular during its time and went on to have two sequels after this one. Netflix released an animated TV show as well. A reboot was announced in 2021, but as of yet nothing has come to fruition. 

Save: Forgetting Sarah Marshall