Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (2023 Round)

Steven_

16. HOME – PHILLIP PHILLIPS

9bbd30569455521558c797e553ecace1.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

RICHARD: 3

ANDY: 4

STEVEN: 5

ALEX: 7

REI: 7

CHRIS: 11

AKSHAR: 12

COREY: 12

DIANA: 13

VICTORIA: 14

NICO: 15

DEREK: 17

QK: 17

GIGI: 18

WALLACE: 19

LILY: 20

RICHARD

Easily the most viable coronation single to come from Idol. I love the folksy, road trip vibe of the track, and Phillip’s voice really encapsulates it well. The song really does make you feel like you’re going on an adventure and having the time of your life, and I think that’s why the song resonated with people so much in 2012.

STEVEN

I wasn't sure if there was enough support for "Home" to make it to the Top 20, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see it here. I was a fan of Phillip throughout American Idol season 11, so I was happy to see his coronation single became a big hit. The instrumentation and Phillip's vocals all come together perfectly here.

ALEX

Genuinely the best Idol winner's song ever. It has no business actually being this good.

REI

Arguably the best coronation song from AI

COREY

There is not much in this song to entertain my ears, but it gives off a sense of comfort.

WALLACE

KwOa.gif

Phillip Phillips "Home" was a song I was kinda expecting to see make it to the finals so I'm not surprised it made it here. I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts on him, but I'll give him credit on this song and I do think it's a very good song from him. This was a slow growing type of song for me where I started liking this when it was played a lot during the 2012 Summer Olympics. :haha: And this getting lots of radio play helped me like this more too. Phillip does sing the song nicely and pours his heart into this which is very good.

I do like the parts where he builds up the song where he sings:

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons

But I also kinda love the parts where he sings:

Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Overall, this is a really nice and soothing song. Phillip sounds nice on this. I was into and digging this in 2012-2013, but I'm kinda over it now and it's kinda like "nice song, but meh" to me now. I'm sure it will do well even with a low ranking from me.

15. EVERYBODY TALKS – NEON TREES

9b3a7ce2434736e2c8e1fb6d14ba0403.750x750x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 3

COREY: 4

NICO: 4

LILY: 6

RICHARD: 8

VICTORIA: 9

QK: 11

REI: 14

WALLACE: 14

DEREK: 16

AKSHAR: 17

ANDY: 17

CHRIS: 17

GIGI: 17

STEVEN: 17

DIANA: 18

COREY

A great pop song. What else can I say about such a good song?

RICHARD

Not as good as “Animal,” but it’s still a really solid song. The chorus is a little too repetitive for my liking, but the overall upbeat quality of the song makes up for it.

REI

I like it

WALLACE

ddc8a11a8fc5f8970588d408899abeaf82a0fb78.gifv

I think in my "Animal" write-up, I was alluding to liking another Neon Trees song more than that one and it would be this song, "Everybody Talks." I always thought "Everybody Talks" was such a fun, catchy and infectious song. It makes me want to bop my head to it and makes me happy listening to it. Oh and random yay I learned the lead singer is Tyler Glenn so I can use his name now. :giggle: I do like how Tyler sings the opening of the song but I really like it where he gets to the pre-chorus and the chorus, as those parts are REALLY fun!

I found out that everybody talks
Everybody talks, everybody talks 

It started with a whisper
And that was when I kissed her
And then she made my lips hurt
I can hear the chitchat
Take me to your love shack
Mamas always gotta backtrack
When everybody talks back

:bobo:

From the second verse, I do like the part where he sings:

Too much could be an overdose
All this trash talk make me itching

I do love all of those parts I mentioned, but probably my favorite or at least biggest standout parts is at the end where Tyler repeats the song title a bunch of times that goes:

Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks
Everybody talks... back

The build up at the end is so good! :bobo:

This is such a fun and infectious song from Neon Trees. I am curious how it does compared to "Animal." I'm hoping it can do better but if not, then eh no big deal to me. :haha:

STEVEN

This is a song I like well enough when I hear it, but I've never had the desire to seek it out myself to listen to it again. The "It started with a whisper!" parts are fun though.

14. GLAD YOU CAME – THE WANTED

e6427aa1e9accb3eef8eef6c446534b5.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

COREY: 1

WALLACE: 1

VICTORIA: 5

RICHARD: 9

QK: 10

STEVEN: 10

LILY: 12

NICO: 12

ALEX: 13

REI: 13

DIANA: 14

DEREK: 15

GIGI: 15

AKSHAR: 18

CHRIS: 18

ANDY: 19

COREY

This song just keeps on going. Why do more songs like this not make the Top 20?

WALLACE

DistinctHarmlessAfricanparadiseflycatche

giphy.gif?cid=790b761140bccb8bc3852855140b32b988e2dd5016d202e1&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

While I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of The Wanted, I have always reallly loved "Glad You Came" so much! I was definitely addicted to this song back in 2012 and would always jam to it. I'm pretty certain it was my #1 song of 2012. I'm not sure if it still holds that honor for me regarding 2012 songs now but I do still really love the song a ton. But I am just happy to have been able to secure my #1 song of 2012 so thank you for advancing this with me, Corey! 😄 I do really love the fun party pop/dance feel of this song. It just makes me so happy and excited whenever I hear the song. :bobo: I do love the slow/slight a capella opening of the song that.... Max sings that goes: 

The sun goes down
The stars come out
And all that counts
Is here and now
My universe will never be the same
I'm glad you came

I do love the entire first verse, that both Nathan and Tom sings, as their parts are so fun and catchy! :bobo: Oooh and speaking of Tom (the one that sings the second part of the first verse), he died earlier this year at 33 due to an inoperable brain tumour. This was the first time I've watched the video since then..... so it's really sad watching his parts there. :(:broken: Ah sorry for getting so deep in the middle of this but felt that had to be mentioned. 

But yeah back to the verses.... I really love the parts where they sing:

You cast a spell on me, spell on me
You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me
And I decided you look well on me, well on me
So let's go somewhere no one else can see, you and me 

Turn the lights out now
Now I'll take you by the hand
Hand you another drink
Drink it if you can 

Away from us so stay,
Stay with me I can make,
Make you glad you came

I really love the chorus that comes in right afterwards! It's the same part as the slow opening but done in a faster, upbeat jammier way! It's just so fun to sing along to and makes me so happy! :bobo:

The second verse is just as fun as the first verse, which it should be as it's the same lyrics. This was another one of those songs I didn't know had the same verses until many months later. :dead: But ooo a different guy who's name I don't know sings the start of the second verse. Nathan sings the latter part there. It's all so fun and catchy!  And poor Jay, with no solos. But he went on to win Strictly Come Dancing so his life is good. 

I do probably love the third section of the chorus the most, specifically because it adds in those ooooh whooaaa ohhh oooh ooohhh ad-libs! :bobo: Those are kinda my parts that I just love to sing along to, as they are so fun and addicting! I do love how the song closes the way it started with the soft closing from Max. It just closes the song well and makes it come full circle.

The video to "Glad You Came" is also really fun and feels like such a party and blast to watch. I definitely don't expect this song to rank too well, with The Wanted being more or less a one hit wonder (in the U.S.) and a boy band.... and well a male act. So lots of odds are against them. :dead: I'm mainly just hoping it does well enough to escape and not be posted in the first set. But I won't hold out too much hope for that as I can see it showing up in the first set. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't be the first time I lose a #1 in the first set. :dead: But I'm just glad to have this song here!

RICHARD

I’m trying to not let recent events affect this ranking (RIP, Tom </3). Overall, I do think this is an accurate spot for this song. It’s not life-changing by any means, but it’s a catchy, fun sort of summer hit that is one of the more listenable among this top 20 (which I think speaks more to the poor quality of this top 20 than anything).

STEVEN

If only one boyband song could make it to the Top 20, then I'd much rather have seen "What Makes You Beautiful" here instead. Nonetheless, I do think this is a catchy song with a cool vibe to it. I like it enough to give it a Top 10 ranking out of this Top 20 we have here.

REI

I like it well enough

DEREK

Why couldn't they write a second verse? Why are they just repeating the first verse again???

13. WANT U BACK – CHER LLOYD

8ebbe40b37e07e1930d22866abe469d7.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

WALLACE: 3

VICTORIA: 4

ANDY: 6

AKSHAR: 7

DEREK: 7

ALEX: 6

CHRIS: 8

COREY: 8

QK: 13

GIGI: 14

DIANA: 15

LILY: 15

NICO: 19

RICHARD: 19

STEVEN: 19

REI: 20

WALLACE

8778309b-3bbc-4615-8788-ad80fee658be_tex

I really love "Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd and am super glad to see that this song made it to the Top 20! It is kindaa surprising seeing Cher make it to the Top 20 but not One Direction as I would have loved seeing the two The X Factor UK 7 acts battle it out here but oh well. :haha: I do love "Want U Back" and thought it was a great U.S. debut single for Cher. She did get a big hit with this song as she deserved to! I do love the sass and attitude she brings to this song. I love how she the verses, like:

Hey, boy you never had much game
Thought I needed to upgrade
So I went and walked away way way
Uh
Now, I see you've been hanging out
With that other girl in town
Looking like a pair of clowns clowns clowns

Oooh Cher. :giggle: Then I love how Cher sings all of the pre-chorus parts of the song that goes:

Remember all the things that you and I did first?
And now you're doing them with her
Remember all the things that you and I did first?
You got me, got me like this
Uh
And now you're taking her to every restaurant
And everywhere we went, come on!
And now you're taking her to every restaurant
You got me, got me like this
Uh

And of course, that chorus is as infectious as all can be!

Boy you can say anything you wanna
I don't give a shh, no one else can have ya
I want you back
I want you back
Wa-want you, want you back
Uh
I broke it off thinking you'd be cryin'
Now I feel like shh looking at you flyin'
I want you back
I want you back
Wa-want you, want you back
Uh

LOL Yes I'm quoting the whole song but it's what I do and you're all used to it from me. 😘 I might as well do more as I love all of what she sings on the second verse of the song too!

Please, this ain't even jealousy (jealousy)
She ain't got a thing on me (a thing on me)
Tryin' to rock them ugly jeans jeans jeans 

You clearly didn't think this through
If what I've been told is true (is it true?)
You'll be crawling back like boo hoo hoo

Cher brings so much humor, comedy and sass all into one with this song! It's just so entertaining to me! :dead: I do love the bridge section of the song where she sings:

Ooh, I thought you'd still be mine
When I kissed you goodbye uh oh uh oh
Ooh, and you might be with her
But I still had you first uh oh uh oh

I love how Cher sings the rest of the song and just all of the fun she has with the song! The music video is also really cute and a whole lot of fun here too.  Although how she ends the song saying: Does it sound like a helicopter (bbbbbbrrrrrddddd)? is another HILARIOUS part! :dead: So yeah "Want U Back" is sooo fun and infectious! I do feel like Cher and this song in general will be very polarizing where I can see some people love it and some being annoyed by it.

DEREK

Ranking this higher to make Nico mad

ALEX

"I'm gonna sing Cheryl Lloyd by Cheryl Lloyd Oath Rebecca G right... 'and don't forget all the trouble we got into-'"

"WHY DOES SOMEBODY NOT KNOW HOW TO FLUSH A TOILET AFTER THEY'VE HAD A SHET?!"

"It wasn't me!"

"WELL IT WAS F*CKEN ONE OF YUS! DISGUSTANG!"

COREY

This song is happy and bouncy, and the delivery is silly and delightfully unique.

RICHARD

I like the fun vibe she went for here, but this is just sort of unpleasant to listen to. It’s definitely aged poorly compared to a lot of the others in this top 20.

STEVEN

The song is catchy and fun, but her voice is...let's just say it's not my favorite.

REI

Generic

50 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Nope - it’s way too overplayed. I have it on my list of songs to not play at my eventual wedding.

Not a list of songs NOT to play at your eventual wedding. :dead: I'm curious which other songs are on there. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Not a list of songs NOT to play at your eventual wedding. :dead: I'm curious which other songs are on there. :haha: 

Any of the overplayed wedding song / love songs so Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud and Perfect. 

16. Ooooh lol I worried that "Home" was going to rank really high so I'm glad that wasn't the case here.  Nice song and it's good it was a success for Phillip. And wow it's interesting seeing the stats all over the place for this song. :haha:

15. Ooh wow, so "Everybody Talks" comes in the same exact spot as "Animal" did last year. :haha: Neon Trees got #15 on lock it seems. :giggle: It's funny seeing so many #17s for this though. :haha:

14. I had low expectations for how "Glad You Came" would do so I'm pleased/good with it coming in at #14. I'm just glad that it managed to escape the first set which was all I wanted, lmao. Oooh pleased this got mostly Top 15 ranks and no last place ranks. I was kinda hoping for a The Wanted/1D battle for this year's rankings, even though 1D would have won it lol. LOL Derek's comment.... while I do love this, I totally agree. :dead: A different second verse would have been nice.

13. Ah yeah I had a feeling "Want U Back" would be polarizing so it was super tricky figuring out and predicting where it would have ranked. :haha: Interesting as this does have 8 Top 10 ranks and the rest are 8 Bottom 10 ranks (moreso 8 Top 8 ranks + 8 Bottom 8 ranks). LOL that Alex write-up. :dead: That must have been from some video about/regarding Cher or something? :lmao: I don't really know though.

My remaining spots left: 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 20

#1s revealed (2): Corey, Wallace
#1s left (14): Akshar, Alex, Andy, Chris, Derek, Diana, Gigi, Lily, Nico, QK, Rei, Richard, Steven, Victoria

#20s revealed (11): Akshar, Andy, Chris, Corey, Diana, Gigi, QK, Richard, Steven, Lily, Rei
#20s left (5): Alex, Derek, Nico, Victoria, Wallace

10 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Any of the overplayed wedding song / love songs so Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud and Perfect. 

Ooooh right, those Ed Sheeran songs definitely fit that mold. :dead: 

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Not Wally flopping here. :dead:

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Eh, I wasn't expecting those two higher ranked songs to do that well. I didn't think "Glad You Came" would be an IDF favorite and know Cher Lloyd is super polarizing. So I'm not really bothered. :haha: I think/hope the rest of my Top 6 will do well though.

12. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER – TAYLOR SWIFT

a712044cf7ec4cf7d7493078f3cf2573.800x800x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

DIANA: 1

GIGI: 1

DEREK: 2

STEVEN: 2

AKSHAR: 5

CHRIS: 5

RICHARD: 10

ANDY: 14

WALLACE: 15

COREY: 16

QK: 16

LILY: 17

REI: 17

ALEX: 20

NICO: 20

VICTORIA: 20

DEREK

I unironically stan this song

STEVEN

This song was a bit of a grower. I was iffy about it at first since I know what Taylor Swift is capable of as a songwriter. But I now consider it one of my favorite tracks on the Red album. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is super catchy and fun, and Taylor's cheeky delivery sells the song very well.

RICHARD

This was Taylor’s first foray outside of country, and it was a pretty good one for her. I remember thinking when it was released that she was trying to cop Avril’s sound a bit, and I can definitely hear that still, but I think it was really just her trying to find her identity. This overall isn’t a groundbreaking pop song, but it’s a fun one that shows a lot of personality.

WALLACE

Jbud.gif

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is a really fun, cheeky break-up song from Taylor Swift! Taylor does and sells these break-up songs really well but I like how she went with a more fun anthemic approach with this song. This song was pretty big and a great lead single from her Red album. I do much prefer her 2013 pop singles over this, but I do like this song enough to place it 15th. But yeah Taylor sells that sassy attitude so well here. She really cracks up with certain parts of the song. For instance those parts in the opening verse where she sings: We hadn't seen each other in a month. When you said you needed space. (What?) and Remember how that lasted for a day? I say, "I hate you," we break up, you call me, "I love you.". :dead:

Then the pre-chorus and chorujs of the song is really fun, cute and so catchy! And as I mentioned, it does have that anthemic feel to it.

Ooh, we called it off again last night
But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you 

We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
Like, ever

LOL that chorus is very fun. :haha: I can totally get how it can annoy some people as well, though. :haha:

Anyway, from the second verse, lol I love the part where she sings: And you would hide away and find your peace of mind. With some indie record that's much cooler than mine. :haha:  I do like the opening of the bridge where she sings:

I used to think that we were forever ever
And I used to say, "Never say never..."

She sounds so pretty at that part! Then the dialogue bit she says, especially the "I mean this is exhausting" is so hilarious. :dead:

Okay, soo "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is an interesting song for me as I remember how huge this was back in 2012. It was never a ~huge favorite of mine back then but I still really enjoyed it. It's not really a song I go back and revisit that much a decade later so I feel I haven't heard this in awhile. But I did enjoy the fun and humor of this song while re-listening back to it. It's not enough for me to move it up any higher though. I do look forward to how this ranks. Taylor's songs have been ranking well lately (making it to 6th two years in a row) so I wonder if this can keep up the momentum.

COREY

This song was a great advertisement for Taylor Swift's career, but that's about it. The hook is catchy, in an attention-getting sense, but the rest of the song is flat.

REI

We are getting close to the Taylor Swift songs I stan, this is still not quite there but I like it well enough

11. PART OF ME – KATY PERRY

31a4511ac30b7b6b70c80520acf3c4fa.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

DEREK: 4

LILY: 4

COREY: 6

QK: 6

STEVEN: 6

VICTORIA: 7

GIGI: 8

AKSHAR: 10

DIANA: 11

ANDY: 13

CHRIS: 13

WALLACE: 13

REI: 15

RICHARD: 15

ALEX: 18

NICO: 18

COREY

A standard, run-of-the-mill Katy Perry song, and that's pretty excellent.

STEVEN

This isn't one of my most favorite Katy Perry songs, but I do like it whenever I do hear it. I like the anthemic feel, the lyrics, and Katy's delivery here.

WALLACE

3zAR.gif

"Part of Me" is a really fun and catchy song from Katy Perry. I can't say it stands out as one of my very top favorites from Katy but I do still really like it nonetheless. I do like how Katy sings the opening verses of the song. It has a good and fun sound to it. But wow, that chorus takes the song to another level. It's so fun, catchy and infectious where she sings.

This is the part of me
That you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
This is the part of me

Throw your sticks and your stones,
Throw your bombs and your blows
But you're not gonna break my soul
This is the part of me

Ooh and I also love the parts on the pre-chorus where she sings:

But that was then and this is now
Now look at me

The bridge is another good part although something about it makes me want more from it? I don't know. I like it, especially the part where she sings:

So you can keep the diamond ring
It don't mean nothing anyway
In fact you can keep everything
Except for me

"Part Of Me" is really such a fun song from Katy. The music video is enjoyable and a lot of fun too. I think it's mainly the chorus, that I LOVE, that just really does it for me. I'm not as crazy about the verses or bridge and barely remember those parts as well, but oh well. This was one of the very many successful hits from Katy, so she knows what she's doing. Of her two songs, I am rooting for "Part of Me" to rank higher so fingers crossed if it can pull this off.

REI

just alright

RICHARD

Really? You’re gonna rhyme “me” with “me?” xD Down to my bottom half you go.~

ALEX

There is nothing more offensive to me than bubblegum pop as far as music goes. It's just so painfully and unimaginatively generic.

10. THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY – KATY PERRY

00f6e6b5d1f08094032b504bf44a0729.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

VICTORIA: 2

AKSHAR: 3

ANDY: 5

QK: 5

COREY: 7

DIANA: 7

GIGI: 7

LILY: 7

STEVEN: 9

CHRIS: 10

NICO: 10

RICHARD: 13

REI: 18

ALEX: 19

DEREK: 20

WALLACE: 20

COREY

A feel good song with a tinge of sadness. The "feel good" part easily wins out.

STEVEN

I do like "The One That Got Away," but it's one of my least listened to Katy Perry songs. I agree with those that say the acoustic version is better.

RICHARD

This song doesn’t completely work for me. I feel like the lyrics try to be sentimental, but the thematic content clashes with the upbeat, poppy instrumental. There’s a slower version of this song that works a lot better, but since I’m not ranking that version, that doesn’t really help her placement here.

The link to that, for anyone curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9loYptxSQk&ab_channel=KatyPerry

REI

just alright

ALEX

Honestly, no Katy Perry song registers for me as exceptional outside of E.T.

DEREK

The acoustic version is better

WALLACE

in-another-life-i-would-make-you-stay.gif

NOT the Katy Perry song I didn't care for making it to the Top 20 easily over my favorite 2012 Katy release, which was "Wide Awake. Or this even my favorite 2011 Katy releases of "E.T." and "Firework." :dead: I mean the Teenage Dream era was really such an iconic era for Katy Perry but "The One That Got Away" was always my least favorite single from that era. It's a nice and pretty song, but I was just never really cared for this. It's nice but just kinda bores me. :yawn: I just prefer my Katy songs to be super fun & silly pop songs, edgier dark pop songs or songs that really make you feel the feels.... but this one doesn't do any of that for me. I did consider cutting this song but there were just a few others I liked even less so this song got lucky to escape my cuts. :giggle:  

The chorus is nice and enjoyable. I do really like the parts on the chorus where Katy sings: You were the one that got away. The one that got away.

The bridge of the song is nice too but I don't really have any standout parts. Overall, this song is just there and doesn't really do it for me. I can totally get why others love it though. I'm sure it will still do really well though.

9. WE FOUND LOVE – RIHANNA FEAT. CALVIN HARRIS

1ada0fe15352b50f7fd50d4fba7992f6.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

REI: 1

ANDY: 3

COREY: 3

CHRIS: 4

AKSHAR: 6

DIANA: 8

LILY: 8

GIGI: 9

DEREK: 11

WALLACE: 11

STEVEN: 12

NICO: 14

ALEX: 17

RICHARD: 17

QK: 18

VICTORIA: 19

REI

Arguably my favorite Rihanna song at the moment, I don’t think it will rank high though

COREY

Another great song by Rihanna. Sure, it's just the same notes repeated over and over again for 4 minutes, but it sounds great.

WALLACE

2cgy.gif

Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris' "We Found Love" is really such an interesting song for me that I have quite conflicted feelings on. When this first came out, I wasn't too crazy about this. But then it did take some time to grow on me, maybe a little longer than the usual Rihanna song. Then I would have moments of loving the song. But  I would also have moments of being tired of and over it - so I guess it depends on my mood. I'm just a conflicted mess with this song. :dead: "We Found Love" was a pretty huge song and is definitely amongst Rihanna's biggest hits of her career. It does deserve its success. But at the same time, I do find it on the overrated side. It's not really ~that first song~ I think of when thinking of many of Rihanna's hits. :ph34rwave:

I do like how Rihanna sings the verses of the song and she sounds really pretty on this, especially those parts where she stretches her vocals out. I love those parts where she sings:

What it takes to come alive
It's the way I'm feeling I just can't deny

Specifically those parts where she sings "aliiiveeee" and "ddeennnyyyy." The chorus is infectious although also really reptitive too. It's fun and easy to learn though.

We found love in a hopeless place

Now I don't usually mind repetitive choruses, but I do wish there was more to the chorus there. But at least she sings each of the same line differently with more build up to it. I do love the Calvin Harris music production after that part. That part of the song really pumps up and then BOOM! It just explodes. :bobo: That really is such a fun part to the song.

Rihanna does sound really pretty on the bridge of the song and that's really good too where she sings:

Yellow diamonds in the light
And we're standing side by side
As your shadow crosses mine (mine, mine, mine)

So yeah, "We Found Love" is definitely one of Rihanna's classic and biggest hits. It's not really one of my main favorites from her and I feel this is one of those songs most people will love more than myself (while her other song here is probably the opposite). I do expect this to be the Rihanna song to rank higher of the two but I hope it's the opposite, but we'll see. :haha: Ooh and the music video.... also not really my favorite either. It's SO trippy and quite a ride but.... it's interesting to watch, at least. :dead:

STEVEN

I do like this song, but it's one of those songs that doesn't keep my focus for its entirety. It's too repetitive; I'm already ready to listen to something else by the halfway point of the song. It still ranks at a decent spot for me out of this Top 20 though.

ALEX

Y'all know I love me some Rihanna but even my favorite artists have their occasional misses. This is hers.

RICHARD

I feel like I look like a Rihanna hater, lol. I love a lot of her earlier stuff from the 2000s, but I think it was around 2010 when she started releasing sort of uninspiring singles like this one. It’s just kind of flat and middling and doesn’t really do anything to command my attention.

12. Oooh Taylor back to being the polarizing queen she was earlier with her debut album songs, I see. 😮 Ahh okay, I am not really surprised seeing a spread range of really high and really low rankings for this, as well as some in between ranks, especially as I felt "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" would be polarizing. 7 Top 10 ranks is still good though. I do like this so I'm good with its spot but just never been a big favorite of mine from her.

11. Ughh nooo, I was not wanting "Part of Me" to show up as the first Katy Perry song but of course it does. :dead: Although at the same time, I'm still good with the ranking for this song. A bit less polarizing rankings - with 8 Top 10 and 8 Bottom 10 rankings but no Top 3 or Bottom 2 rankings. 😮 So it makes sense for this to land in the middle. OMG dying at Richard's comment though. :dead:

10. Lol oh.... and there goes the Katy song I was hoping to show up first, "The One That Got Away." :dead: Okayyy lol, I don't mind this showing up now as I feared it would have been much higher. Wow the rankings are definitely more polarizing and all over the place for this one.  Whoaa, but 11 Top 10 rankings too. So impressive. 😮 I also feel like Derek is one of the hardest to predict his #20s, so slayyy that we both had this last (which I didn't see coming). :giggle: Richard's comments make a lot of sense as I think the acoustic arrangement would work better for this. I'd still like to think "Wide Awake" would have done better than these. 🙂

9. Ooh? I'm kinda shook but pleased that "We Found Love" showed up first of the Rihanna songs. 😮 I did not think that it would have and expected this to be the higher ranked Rihanna song. But glad to be wrong there, lol. The rankings are all over the place for this one - with 8 Top 10 and 8 Bottom 10 rankings. I'm kinda surprised seeing how polarizing this ended up being as I feel so many people make a big buzz on this one. :dead: But overall, good with this spot for it.

My remaining spots left: 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 16.

I ain't mad at this. I do really like all of these songs in the Top 8 so yay. But still hoping for the best for my higher ranked songs.

I think these should be the latest #1 and #20 stats.

#1s revealed (5): Corey, Wallace, Diana, Gigi, Rei
#1s left (11): Akshar, Alex, Andy, Chris, Derek, Lily, Nico, QK, Richard, Steven, Victoria

#20s revealed (16): Akshar, Andy, Chris, Corey, Diana, Gigi, QK, Richard, Steven, Lily, Rei, Alex, Nico, Victoria, Derek, Wallace
#20s left (0): all revealed

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@*Wallace and @Qorey when they found out they both ranked Glad You Came at #1.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

:dead: 

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

The One That Got Away. 🥲@*Wallace.

Angry Ufc GIF

OMGG this gif. :dead: 

I'm sorry though. I just never cared for or connected to that song. :blushingwave: I was hoping for "Wide Awake" to have its spot as I would have had that around my Top 7 or so. :haha: