Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (2023 Round)

Steven_

10 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

uh oh, not a good sign when even Diana, Akshar, and Chris have a country song at 19

Ah yeah that stood out to me too. 

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Omg!!! Is 16.88 the lowest ever?

It is. 😮 

The previous lowest was 15.75, which was "Mississippi Girl" by Faith Hill in 2005.

16. LATCH – DISCLOSURE FEAT. SAM SMITH

79a3f7afbb8ab5234a3fa7714609b72d.960x960x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

REI: 2

AKSHAR: 5

DEREK: 7

NICO: 7

LILY: 10

RICHARD: 10

WALLACE: 10

STEVEN: 12

CHRIS: 13

QK: 14

VICTORIA: 14

COREY: 15

DIANA: 15

ANDY: 16

ALEX: 17

ELLIOTT: 17

GIGI: 17

DEREK

so glad this made it

RICHARD

This is a peculiar song, but I find it peculiar in a good way. Lyrically, this feels like it should be a slower song, but the midtempo club feel is an interesting choice that works really well for the track. Sam’s vocals shine here and definitely add a sense of mystery and seduction to the song. Overall, I found this one a pleasant surprise on relisten.

WALLACE

tumblr_one03zS6mg1u6u84mo1_500.gif

Hmm I'm personally kind of conflicted regarding the Sam Smith treatment for the 2014 round. I really love "Stay with Me" and would have preferred that as the Sam Smith representation for this 2014 round. But I do also love "Latch" and think it's a great song.... so yeah I don't have any problems with this being here. It's just, I was really rooting for "Stay with Me" so it's a bummer that didn't make it through.  But yeah "Latch" has such a unique and interesting sound to it. The beat has this trippy hynotic beat to it. I like how Sam sings on the beat here too. Sam has such a great voice and showcases it well. From the first verse, I love the part where Sam sings: If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down (never)

The pre-chorus is a great slow build-up to the chorus, and yeah I am really here for the chorus where Sam sings:

Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you (never)
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you (never) 

Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you (never)
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you (never)

:bobo:

Oh I never realized that chorus repeated itself twice so that's fun to learn. :haha: Sam delivers more strong vocals on the second verse... and I really love all of those vocal dynamics there. I love that whole verse that goes:

I'm so encaptured, got me wrapped up in your touch (never)
Feel so enamored, hold me tight within your clutch (never)
How do you do it, you got me losing every breath (never)
What did you give me to make my heart beat out my chest (never)?

"Latch" is a great and fun song from Disclosure & Sam Smith. But I also love the acoustic version of "Latch," which always stood out to me and is really beautiful too. :yes: I feel like "Latch" will do well as it got a good amount of votes in the voting round though I have no idea how well it will do but I'm certainly curious to see!

STEVEN

I thought I would rank this higher. After listening to it again, I realize I actually don't like it as much as I thought I did. It's got a cool feel to it, but I'm ready for the song to be over before the halfway point. I don't dislike it, so I'll place it around the middle of my ranking.

COREY

This song uses the bare minimum in melody and beat to make a passable song.

ANDY

Love love love Disclosure's debut album. However Latch has always been one of my least favorite songs off it, I can't even blame Sam Smith it's just not very catchy to me

15. RATHER BE – CLEAN BANDIT FEAT. JESS GLYNNE

0bc981090e55786141ae39ec45e86efc.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

AKSHAR: 1

COREY: 4

CHRIS: 6

DEREK: 9

QK: 10

REI: 10

ANDY: 11

NICO: 11

GIGI: 13

LILY: 13

VICTORIA: 13

DIANA: 14

STEVEN: 15

ALEX: 16

RICHARD: 17

WALLACE: 17

ELLIOTT: 18

COREY

This song uses notes I haven't heard in many other songs, and everything about it is lovely, but it doesn't quite get me out of my chair.

ANDY

Cute lyrics, a bop

STEVEN

The song is fine. It has some cool elements to it, but it's not a song I ever seek out to listen to again.

RICHARD

Meh. Not a fan of the cursive singing and generic lyrics. I do really like the background instrumentation, but that should never really be my favorite part of a song.

WALLACE

tumblr_navw4ioeEj1qc2jhfo1_500.gifv

"Rather Be" is a really cute feel-good song. It's a song I've always liked and enjoyed but never was one I truly really loved. But I always enjoyed it whenever I hear it. I enjoy the mix of Clean Bandit classical production and Jess Glynne's vocals. Jess has a really unique and cool voice here. She opens and builds the song up rather well here. I do love the chorus most of the song where Jess sings:

If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shake me
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be
N-n-no, no, no, no place I'd rather be

So cute! And it feels good. :bobo: The verses are cool and good but nothing really stands out as much to me there.   The music video is cute, fun and trippy. :haha: I'm sure "Rather Be" will do well as it did really well in the voting round. Although I can't pinpoint how well it will do, but I think it could make the Top 10 or be close to it.

14. SAY SOMETHING – A GREAT BIG WORLD AND CHRISTINA AGUILERA

bed77657622cfb3627988e1d15a77d1e.768x768x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

CHRIS: 2

VICTORIA: 2

QK: 3

AKSHAR: 8

ELLIOTT: 8

DIANA: 9

GIGI: 9

NICO: 9

WALLACE: 9

ALEX: 10

RICHARD: 16

REI: 17

DEREK: 18

LILY: 19

STEVEN: 19

ANDY: 20

COREY: 20

WALLACE

saysomething-agreatbigworld.gif

"Say Something" by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera is really such a beautiful and stunning song. I remember how huge this song was in 2014 and it was definitely one of those songs performed a lot on various talent shows. :haha: I never minded how overplayed it got. Hmm, if I am being slight nitpicky, I am not really that crazy about the lead singer's voice on A Great Big World. :ph34rwave: I guess some parts of his voice I'm not too crazy about, but I do really like how he sings other parts of the song. I do like how he builds up the song and gets into a higher register where he sings:

Anywhere I would have followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

I do love the part where he and Christina sings and harmonizes together on the next part of the song that goes:

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all 

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl 

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would have followed you

It's reallly all sooo beautiful and stunning! 😢 Their vocals and emotional connection really pulls at the heart strings. :broken: The next part of the song is also really so beautiful and moving where they sing:

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

After that, I love how they sing the chorus and build up that song of the more even more. I especially love Christina's vocals and how she powers through even though in a softer more tender way than where used to. It's all really beautiful and moving. The music video is also such a tearjerker and heartbreaker. But yeah sometimes when I really listen closely to this song, it gives me chills every now and then. 😢 I feel certain "Say Something" will do well and I can certainly see it at least making the Top 10, maybe even Top 8 though I'm not sure how well it will do after that.

ALEX

I like the song, but I would like it better with different voices? I feel like I’ve heard about 8 covers I prefer to this lol

RICHARD

This one is interesting for me. My sister loathes this version of the song because she thinks it being a duet doesn’t work considering the lyrical content, and part of me agrees with that assessment. I definitely prefer the solo version, too, but also because the lead’s voice and Christina’s don’t quite gel. I think if I were ranking the solo version, it might be top 5, but alas.

DEREK

Christina randomly deciding to be a feature on this song when it was perfectly fine without her... ummm...

STEVEN

I never liked this song. The guy's voice is too whiny, and the song itself is kind of dull. It's too repetitive and goes nowhere. 

ANDY

Melodramatic

COREY

This song is so depressing and slow that I can't place it anywhere but at the bottom.

13. SWEATER WEATHER – THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

e9120f25124c8512e06d5e634ae7db70.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 3

ANDY: 3

RICHARD: 5

AKSHAR: 6

VICTORIA: 7

CHRIS: 8

REI: 9

QK: 12

COREY: 13

ELLIOTT: 13

NICO: 13

DEREK: 14

DIANA: 17

LILY: 17

GIGI: 18

STEVEN: 18

WALLACE: 19

ANDY

Love this song, there's nothing like it tbh

RICHARD

For a song called “Sweater Weather,” it’s strangely steamy, but in a really good way. I love the overall seductive feeling of the song, and it’s just a really chill listen that I love putting on from time to time. I know IDF isn’t usually partial to male-led songs, but I hope this one can buck that trend a bit.

COREY

This song is the worst earworm. It has its good and bad moments, but overall, it manages to add up to an okay song.

STEVEN

This didn't really make an impression on me after a first listen.

WALLACE

the-neighbourhood-sweater-weather.gif

I'm kinda conflicted on how to rank songs #18 and #19 as they are songs, I like well enough but wouldn't really call them favorites of mine. "Sweater Weather" does have a nice feel good vibe to it. I remember when this song was out and popular but it was one I was never that crazy about. Some of the verses and maybe chorus of the song kinda reminds me of a OneRepublic kind of song? The verses are nice but I do like some of the chorus, especially the parts that goes: 'Cause it's too cold for you here. And now, so let me hold. I do feel like the song kinda drags on a bit when it gets to the slower part and that lasts too long but oh well.

12 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

I know IDF isn’t usually partial to male-led songs,

Up until this moment, I believed the singer was female. 😮

After listening to the lyrics many times over, I was left with the impression that this song is about two people who hate each so much that they can't be together without becoming violent. The "cold weather" is a metaphor for this hatred, and they are holding hands only to keep their fists from flying. 😣 It's a bitter bitter world out there.

16. Oooh wow I'm kinda surprised about "Latch" showing up this soon as I thought it would have done much better than this. 😮 7 Top 10 rankings for this with, with a bunch of #10s. I'm not mad at its ranking here though. 

15. I also thought "Rather Be" would have done better and ranked higher but I'm okay with this ranking for it too. 6 Top 10 rankings and no rankings in the Bottom 2. 😮 I see lots of rankings in the 10-13 range. That's kinda impressive. Cute, enjoyable song though. 

14. Wow this set is really full of surprises, as I really thought "Say Something" would have ranked high and much better than this. :shock: The rankings for this are all ratherrr intriguing for this. A few Top 3 ranks, a bunch of lower Top 10 ranks (7 of them) and then wow, 7 Bottom 5 ranks. So rankings are all over the place here. :dead: Such interesting comments on this regarding the voices. :dead: I do love Christina on it but I also get the comments of liking it with different voices + not liking the guy's voice. That probably kept me from ranking it higher, tbh. 

13. Good spot for "Sweater Weather" and I can get the appeal for it. It's just never been a song that did much for me. 7 Top 10 rankings are good for this. Wow the points gap with these 4 songs are really tight - 11.82 to 11.47. 😮 I wonder how much more closeness is coming.

I think I got the following remaining: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15 all remaining. Wow I am definitely not mad about that.

#1s and #20s stats!

#1s remaining (14): Andy, Chris, Corey, Derek, Diana, Elliott, Gigi, Nico, QK, Rei, Richard, Steven, Victoria, Wallace
#1s revealed (3): Alex, Lily, Akshar

#20s remaining (3): Nico, QK, Victoria
#20s revealed (14): Alex, Derek, Elliott, Gigi, Lily, Rei, Wallace, Akshar, Chris, Diana, Steven, Richard, Andy, Corey

Interesting how it's 3 and 14 combo left but in opposite ways. :haha: 

12. ALL OF ME – JOHN LEGEND

2f27bd5a55449e2b1457a88f277d912b.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

WALLACE: 1

RICHARD: 4

VICTORIA: 4

QK: 5

STEVEN: 6

DIANA: 10

GIGI: 11

REI: 11

AKSHAR: 12

ANDY: 12

LILY: 12

ALEX: 15

CHRIS: 15

DEREK: 15

NICO: 17

COREY: 19

ELLIOTT: 19

WALLACE

allofme.gif

c883faeb-278a-4457-a2e3-77af073f47d9_tex

I really love "All of Me" by John Legend and am super glad to see this make it through to the final 20! I think "All of Me" is such an insanely beautiful and gorgeous song, that you can tell John put all of his heart into - with the lyrics and piano production. This is the song he dedicated to his girlfriend or fiancee at the time, Chrissy Teigen, and now they are married with children. ❤️ I did struggle with which song I wanted to advance through to the voting round. Sadly some of my very top picks got cut and some I couldn't also move on ( :broken: ) , but glad I ended up choosing "All of Me" as it was a big standout favorite for me of 2014. It was somewhere in my Top 4 favorite songs of the year. I do love John Legend's voice a lot and do think of this as my favorite song of his!  Probably a shock to people, but I do love every part of this song and everything John sings here. I do love how he starts off singing the start of the song. From the opening verse, I love the parts where he sings:

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawin' me in and you kickin' me out 

What's goin' on in that beautiful mind?
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me
But I'll be alright 

My head's under water, but I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

Ahh it's all soo good! ❤️ But then that chorus is sooo beautiful and stunning. I love it all where John sings:

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginnin'
Even when I lose, I'm winnin' 

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh-oh

UGH not this song making me want to cry. 😢 Sometimes it gets me in the feels and just really moves me, y'all. 😢 The second verse is also fantastic and I love everything about that part of the song.

How many times do I have to tell you?
Even when you're crying, you're beautiful too 

You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing
In my head for you

SO good! ❤️ 

I also really love the build up of the song that John does at the bridge. It's so good, powerful and beautiful. He really sings with so much heart and passion at that part, while showcasing his range too! 

Give me all of you, oh
Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard

I'm glad that John Legend had such a big hit with this beautiful R&B ballad of "All of Me," especially in a time when R&B slow songs weren't as popular (though they were kinda popular in 2013/2014 but it was still rare). I also remember that the song has a EDM remix called "All of Me (Tiësto's Birthday Treatment remix)," because OF COURSE there had be an EDM remix of every song out there. :lmao: I do really like that version but it doesn't compare to the original beautiful ballad version. I don't expect "All of Me" to do too well, as it had to go through 3 voting rounds but hopefully it can avoid showing up on the first set.

RICHARD

I had to really fight to get this one into the top 20 (and in hindsight, I should’ve changed my second vote from “Love Runs Out” in the first tiebreaker round to ensure it got in). But I’m really glad it got here, because this song is pretty great. John’s vocal on the track is impeccable, and paired with that simple piano backing, it just all comes together in a pretty magical fashion. I don’t expect this one to rank too high, but I hope I’m proven wrong.

STEVEN

This is a nice, romantic song. I remember how often this song played on the radio, but I wasn't bothered by its popularity. Even though I'd rather have seen "Love Runs Out" win the tiebreaker, "All of Me" still gets a high ranking from me (especially out of this not-so-great Top 20).

ANDY

I actually enjoy this song and think it's beautiful

ALEX

John Legend’s corny, but the top 20 is crap so yeah..top 15 it is!

DEREK

The Tiesto remix is better

COREY

This song invokes tears of boredom, but a slightly faster tempo and heartfelt vocals save it from the very bottom.

11. STAY THE NIGHT – ZEDD FEAT. HAYLEY WILLIAMS

f3009f625b337cac0da6e19649e03018.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

QK: 4

GIGI: 5

COREY: 7

STEVEN: 7

LILY: 8

AKSHAR: 9

ALEX: 9

ANDY: 10

CHRIS: 10

ELLIOTT: 11

NICO: 12

REI: 12

RICHARD: 14

WALLACE: 14

DIANA: 16

VICTORIA: 16

DEREK: 19

COREY

Beautiful vocals and a feel good song, but too soft to make my top 6.

STEVEN

I suppose I like this song, but it's not one I'll seek out to listen to again. Somehow it manages to make it to my Top 7 out of this final list of songs.

ANDY

Really great song, a little generic but Hayley makes it memorable

RICHARD

Typical Zedd song, really, which isn’t particularly a compliment. I’m just really not huge on generic EDM. Hayley’s vocals for me are somewhat wasted on the track, as she’s capable of so much more than the material she’s given here.

WALLACE

NEeR.gif

So I'm not gonna lie but I'm feeling kinda salty that "Stay the Night" is the first Hayley Williams feature/collaboration to make it to the finals, rather than THE JAM that is "Airplanes," but alas. :kissbye: Lol but I do really like "Stay the Night"  and think this is a fun song! I thought it was quite unexpected seeing Zedd and Hayley Williams doing a collaboration as well as Hayley doing an EDM song. I do love how Hayley starts off the opening verse, as she sounds so pretty on the softer part of the song.

I know that we are upside down
So hold your tongue and hear me out
I know that we were made to break
So what? I don't mind
You kill the lights, I'll draw the blinds
Don't dull the sparkle in your eyes

I do love how she sings the chorus of the song, even though it's quite repetitive. 

Are you gonna stay the night?
Oh oh oh, are you gonna stay the night?
Doesn't mean we're bound for life
So oh oh oh, are you gonna stay the night?

I do love how she slowly builds that part of the song before the EDM dance beat comes in and I also like how she sings some of that same part with the dance beat backing her. It gives it a fun and different feel to it. :bobo: I do really like the rest of the song but don't really have any other standout parts. Ooh and whoa, I'm learning or seeing that Zedd sings the last lyrics of the song - with that autotune vocal, which I did not know. :haha:

But yeah "Stay the Night" is a fun song. I did really like this when this was out but I haven't really listened to it or played it much since 2014. It's nice to be refreshed about it, though it's not one of my very favorites from Zedd or Hayley. Oh and that reminds me I'm sad that his collaboration with Ariana Grande on "Break Free" didn't make it. :broken: But I do still really like "Stay the Night" and look forward to seeing how it ranks.

DEREK

The most repetitive Zedd song, and that's saying something.

10. POMPEII – BASTILLE

33bbe5de8432f28470dec709c1a198b5.316x316x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 5

REI: 5

DIANA: 6

NICO: 6

DEREK: 8

COREY: 10

ELLIOTT: 10

STEVEN: 10

AKSHAR: 11

LILY: 11

QK: 11

RICHARD: 12

VICTORIA: 12

ANDY: 13

WALLACE: 13

GIGI: 14

CHRIS: 18

DEREK

I sang lead on this with my a cappella group

COREY

This song is almost danceable, and is a good all around song.

STEVEN

The song has an intriguing quality to it. I don't mind it as I listen to it, but I wouldn't call it a favorite of mine either. But it's cool.

RICHARD

The instrumentation and overall composition here is really interesting, with the chanting in the background filling out the sound nicely. I could take or leave the lead’s voice, but overall, this is definitely a catchy and memorable song.

ANDY

Seems like something I'd love but it's a bit nondescript to be a top favorite of mine

WALLACE

ImpressiveRipeBooby-size_restricted.gif

"Pompeii" is always the song that I always associate and think of Bastille with. This is their signature song. I do really like "Pompeii", but it's also one of those songs I go through conflicting feelings on. It's mostly positive but can be all over the place- where sometimes I can really love and be into the song, or just like it or just am over it. :haha: I do like the music production, the feel of the song and Bastille's vocals (is Bastille a solo artist or a band? I have no clue lmao). I do really like the pre-chorus that goes:

And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Gray clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

But then I really love the chorus, which is the big part of the song that goes:

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Speaking of the production, I love that drum solo that happens at 1:55. That part of the song would kinda get stuck in my head at times. :haha: The rest of the song, with the bridge, has a great sound to it. I really like the part where he sings: 

In the city that we love
Gray clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

But yeah "Pompeii" is a really cool and enjoyable song. I guess I am experiencing my better/more positive feelings on this song as I moved this up a few spots from where I initially had it. So you're welcome to the stans of this song. :haha:

9. FANCY – IGGY AZALEA FEAT. CHARLI XCX

f14996379091494a778844f5765f9042.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

DIANA: 3

WALLACE: 3

AKSHAR: 4

LILY: 5

DEREK: 6

VICTORIA: 6

RICHARD: 7

ANDY: 9

COREY: 11

ALEX: 12

GIGI: 12

ELLIOTT: 14

REI: 15

QK: 16

STEVEN: 16

CHRIS: 17

NICO: 19

WALLACE

Vu9p.gif

Ahh I really love "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea & Charli XCX. I'm super happy to see this song make it through to the Top 20! I really loved "Fancy" back in 2014 and would always jam out to this song! This was a huge song, it was everywhere but I never got tired of it. As I said on "Problem," I am sure there's a lot of negative things you could say on Iggy Azalea, but she really did deliver and had such a killer year in 2014. "Fancy" is proof of that. I do love the beat, feel, vibe of this song and how Iggy raps on this. And also enjoy Charli's singing on this too. Right from Iggy's opening line of: First things first, I'm the realest (Realest). I'm already HERE for this song! :dead: I do love Iggy's first verse throughout the song, and especially the parts where she raps:

And I'm still in the Murda Bizness
I can hold you down, like I'm giving lessons in physics (Right, right?)
You should want a bad like this (Huh?)
Drop it low and pick it up just like this (Yeah) 

Rooftop like we bringing '88 back (What?)
Bring the hooks in, where the bass at?
Champagne spilling, you should taste that

Charli XCX is so cool and good on the chorus of the song. I absolutely love the chorus she sings here! 

I'm so fancy, you already know
I'm in the fast lane, from L.A. to Tokyo
I'm so fancy, can't you taste this gold?
Remember my name, 'bout to blow-oh-oh-oh

Iggy continues to bring more fun and fire on the second verse of the song. I especially love the parts where she raps:

I said baby, I do this, I thought that you knew this
Can't stand no haters, and honest, the truth is 

Swagger on stupid, I can't shop in no department
And get my money on time, if they got money, decline
And swear I meant that there so much that I give that line a rewind
Said I get my money on time, if they got money, decline
I just can't worry 'bout no haters, gotta stay on my grind
Now tell me, who that, who that? That do that, do that?
Put that paper over all, I thought you knew that, knew that
I be that I-G-G-Y, put my name in bold

Charli also brings some more fun to the song as I also really love the bridge that she sings here. I love the attitude and sass she brings there! 

Trash the hotel, let's get drunk on the minibar
Make the phone call, feels so good getting what I want
Yeah, keep on turning it up
Chandelier swinging, we don't give a 
Film star, yeah, I'm deluxe
Classic, expensive, you don't get to touch, ow!

From Iggy's 3rd verse, I do love how she brings more of a flirty sexier side of her rapping here. I do love the parts where she raps:

Still stunting, how you love that?
Got the whole world asking how I does that 

Look at it, I bet you wishing you could clutch that
That's just the way you like it, huh?

But the closing of the song is also reallly fun too!

Who that, who that? I-G-G-Y
That do that, do that, I-G-G-Y
Who that, who that? I-G-G-Y
(Blow-oh-oh-oh)

I do love "Fancy" and think this is such a fun and infectious song. I certainly expect some people, especially Alex, to mention and bring up Joey Cook's version of the song. 😛 :haha: But also about "Fancy," the music video is so ICONIC. It is based off of Clueless and they do such a good job portraying that movie/TV show so well here. I love and never get tired of the music video either. :haha: I do get that Iggy is quite a polarizing type so I don't expect "Fancy" to do too well here, sadly. I just hope it can avoid showing up on the first set. If it does, then that's considered a win here!

DEREK

this song is pure trash, yes please

RICHARD

This almost sounds like a Gwen Stefani collaboration with Charli’s vocals, and I can’t help but love that, lol. I could take or leave Iggy’s rapping, but I feel like it works well on the track. All in all, this song is definitely successful in conveying that more expensive, boujie feeling.

ANDY

Anything Charli related is a 10/10 (Boom Clap notwithstanding)

COREY

This song makes a great anthem for travelling about the town.

ALEX

This is only this high because this top 20 is awful and this gave us Joey Cook’s flawless cover.

STEVEN

I've never been much of a fan of this song. I remember Brooke White's parody of this song, which was pretty amusing.

12. I knew my luck was gonna run out now. :dead: Lol but really, I'm pleasantly surprised "All of Me" made it this high and yeah I'm rather shocked but very happy to see it making it to 12th! Very pleased to see the 6 Top 10 ranks and then even a number of #11s and #12s. Gorgeous song and my favorite from John Legend. But yeah happy this did better than expected. Ah and with the mentions of "Love Runs Out," ugh I really wish both songs could have made it as I love them both. 😢 LOL I had a feeling Corey was gonna rank it low since it's a ballad but at least it's not last. :haha:

11. "Stay the Night" did pretty well making it to 11th without any Top 3 rankings. 9 Top 10 rankings is really good and impressive for this though. Lmaoo whoa, shook about Derek ranking a Zedd song at 19th. 😮:haha: But this is a fun, enjoyable song though not really a standout song from either aritst.

10. Oh wow, I'm also really shocked seeing "Pompeii" not having any rankings in the Top 4. 😮 I thought Alex and Nico both would have ranked this higher, actually. :haha: But wow pretty tight rankings with most of them from #5 to #14, and then the lone #18 in there. :haha: I demand we see Derek's a capella group performance of this song. (!)

9. Oooh wow, I'm also pleasantly surprised but really happy to see "Fancy" making it to 9th as I definitely was not expecting it to make it this high. But yay for that! Nice seeing 8 Top 10 rankings for this too. This is a fun jam! :bobo: Lol with Andy's mention of "Boom Clap," I was shocked seeing that song cut on and not make it through the first round. 

I think I got the following remaining: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 15

Still lots of #1s remaining. 😮 

#1s remaining (13): Andy, Chris, Corey, Derek, Diana, Elliott, Gigi, Nico, QK, Rei, Richard, Steven, Victoria
#1s revealed (4): Alex, Lily, Akshar, Wallace

#20s remaining (3): Nico, QK, Victoria
#20s revealed (14): Alex, Derek, Elliott, Gigi, Lily, Rei, Wallace, Akshar, Chris, Diana, Steven, Richard, Andy, Corey