Who is/are your favorite type of artists on the show? (AKA what do you normally look for)

Misirlou

Who is/are your favorite type of artists on the show?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Country males
    • Country females
    • Rock/blues males
    • Rock/blues females
    • Female AA powerhouses
    • Male AA powerhouses
    • Male R&B singers
    • Female R&B singers
    • Male pop singers
    • Female pop singers
    • Indie/Alternative males
    • Indie/Alternative females
    • Folk males
    • Folk females
    • I have no type

I’d normally say country females, but TPTB has ruined that for me. The last time one wasn’t treated as fodder or completely bussed was Chevel on S15. This season, I was hoping Wendy would fill that role, but it wasn’t in the script. Female country is not a priority on the show at all. 

Edited by TeamAudra

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’d normally say country females, but TPTB has ruined that for me. The last time one wasn’t treated as fodder or completely bussed was Chevel on S15. This season, I was hoping Wendy would fill that role, but it wasn’t in the script. Female country is not a priority for  on the show at all. 

Lana was a blessing - TPTB wasn’t on her side, but she still powered through and had a great run (imo)

• Like 4

Rock females immediately come to mind, we need more Savanna Woods on this show.

I also tend to support female powerhouses, but they're usually not my top favorites of a season unless you're Kyla Jade or Rose Short. (or Jershika!)

Any indie/alternative or folk contestants are right up my alley because those are my most-listened-to genres. GNT was a blessing this season for the latter.

Edited by FloorWax

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’d normally say country females, but TPTB has ruined that for me. The last time one wasn’t treated as fodder or completely bussed was Chevel on S15. This season, I was hoping Wendy would fill that role, but it wasn’t in the script. Female country is not a priority for  on the show at all. 

I still usually enjoy 1 per season even if there run is short. If they create music after the show that I end up liking then that's a win. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Lana was a blessing - TPTB wasn’t on her side, but she still powered through and had a great run (imo)

OK, but you know we have differing opinions here. They still bussed her, though. Not sure it would have mattered either way. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

OK, but you know we have differing opinions here. They still bussed her, though. Not sure it would have mattered either way. 

I think she sang what she wanted to sing. It wasn't the most popular with the core audience so she was never in contention to win but she only got like 2 less songs then the finalists did so I was happy with her run. 

• Like 2

Just now, QueenKalie said:

Here's how I think the "fans" choice go. They have a list of songs they want to sing and they look for a fan that has suggested that song and poof it was a fans choice. :dead:

I think it’s like that too except the producers have more influence than you’re asserting here. 

Lana was an interesting case. Blake clearly wanted her out at first, first feeding her to Hailey, then clearly wanted to advance Carson. It appears her KO surprised him, and thus he stuck with her as his sole country artist. And he actually did get behind her, it´s just that the public didn´t, even though she did survive quite a bit.

I'd vote for a female dark  rock singer in the vein of Pat Benetar  or Amy Lee or Kelly's old material.

Ftiw, first time I voted was this year for Jim and Sasha, Not sure why. I find them very intriguing and unique. Admittingly, part of it was to piss off the 50 year old housewives on facebook that called Sasha a woman too