Bk1234’s The Voice Season 21 Contestant Ranking List (Write-Ups For #1 and #2 Posted!!!)

Bk1234

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

"All Jershika needs to do is smile" seems like something Paris would say, and he was Jonathan´s battle partner, so I´m gonna guess Jonathan for the first one.

I don´t think I´ve ever seen Bk really talk about him either, so this placement seems fair.

- Jonathan Mouton

-???

- Janora Brown

- The Joy Reunion

Jonathan would be the first KO eliminee to be ranked, if so. 👀 

Edit: Not me completely forgetting about Berritt :dead:

Edited by Bk1234

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

- Janora Brown (Because her battle song was "One Last Time" and her battle was the last time she sung)

- The Joy Reunion ("Joy To The World" has "joy" in the title, like the group, and also has the same name as a well known Christmas song)

These two seem to be popular guesses for the bottom two clues. 👀

#44. Janora Brown (Team Legend)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-JanoraBrown-1250x1250.png

Kicking off this set is the first Team Legend contestant to be ranked. Janora is one of the contestants that pretty much hid from us during the spoiler/pre-season period. No source was able to identify her so she pretty much remained a mystery until her blind audition aired. That being said, Janora really snuck up there with that stellar tone of hers. Janora kicked off her run with a beautiful rendition of Monica’s “Angel of Mine.” The first thing that grabbed my attention was, obviously, Janora’s tone. It has such a crisp, clear quality to it that just cuts right through. Then, Janora started to bring out the runs, which I thought were executed well. None of the runs she did felt out of place or excessive (to me at least), which is a trap singers like her often fall into on these shows.  I agree with Kelly’s comment about her vocal control, which I think could have benefited some of the runs near the end of the performance. Her voice started to waver a bit after John and Kelly turned their chairs, but overall, I thought Janora did a solid job here. Janora ended up choosing John, which made sense after how invested he appeared to be (while Kelly offered good advice, I think joining her stacked team would have been a mistake for Janora.) Anyway, Janora moved on to the Battles where she sang “One Last Time” (👻) by Ariana Grande, in front of Ariana Grande (that must have been so nerve-racking, yet so cool at the same time! :haha:) The battle was montaged, but judging by the snippet alone, I think I actually preferred Janora here. Janora’s tone cut right through and that run on “home” sent me- 😳 John ended up choosing Shadale, which I can’t really argue against, since we only saw a few seconds of the battle. That being said, Janora should be proud of her run and should feel even more confident in her talent. It’s rare to find someone who has a gorgeous tone AND can execute all those complex runs. That was put on full blast in her audition, which is why she was able to escape the first set of this ranking.

Clue: This contestant’s battle song choice sealed their fate on the Voice. (A reference to the irony of “One Last Time” being the last song Janora performed on the Voice stage.)

#43. KCK3 (Team Ariana)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-KCK3-1250x1250.png

Next up is one of the many group acts to audition for this season. KCK3, made up of Chelsea, Kyla, and Kaitlynn, is the first of these acts to be ranked and the third member of Team Ariana to be ranked. Speaking of Ariana Grande, this trio kicked off their run with a rendition of her song “No Tears Left to Cry.” The opening harmonies were stunning and gave me chills. That was without a doubt the best part of the performance. I will add that I loved the layering of the harmonies throughout the entire performance. It made the performance dynamic and interesting. Unfortunately, as the performance progressed their pitch started to waver and that’s where things started to get a bit shaky for me. The harmony placement was stellar, but often exposed their pitchiness. That being said, they got Ariana to turn on her own song, and she was REALLY into the performance! At the end of the day, that’s what matters (not the comments of a random person on the Internet :dead:) This was a solid showing from KCK3 but I thought they really shined in their battle with Ryleigh Plank. First of all, LOVE the song choice - I was so happy to see so many Xtina songs on this season of the Voice, and these four queens most definitely delivered. This performance showed KCK3 at their prime. The harmonies were well-placed like last time, but this time, they were not plagued by the pitch issues of their audition. The harmonies provided power which I thought allowed them to be on an equal playing field with the vocal beast that is Ryleigh Plank. The solo parts from each member were really good too! This was honestly a really close battle, and I found myself switching who I preferred throughout the performance. Ariana chose Ryleigh, which I can’t argue with after that phenomenal run she SLAYED (more on that in her write-up 👀), but I think more credit should be given to KCK3 who showed massive improvement from their blind audition. So while KCK3’s pitchy blind audition is the reason why they are so low in this ranking, their stellar harmony placement, as well as their phenomenal improvement in their battle is more than enough to justify their absence from the first set.

Clue: After an inspired song choice in the blinds, this contestant turned the tables on their coach in the Battles. (A reference to the fact that KCK3 sang an Ari song in the blinds, and sang “Come on Over Baby (All I Want Is You)” in the Battles. The “turned the tables” part of the clue is a reference to the “I Want You” display that occurs when a coach turns a chair, and the fact that KCK3 was basically saying that to Ari after they pointed to the coaches at the end of the battle.)

#42. Wyatt Michael (Team Kelly)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-WyattMichael-1250x1250.png

Up next is one of the jazz singers that turned a chair on this season of the Voice. Wyatt Michael is also the first contestant from Team Kelly to be ranked. To begin, I will admit that Wyatt’s style is not exactly my cup of tea. That being said, he was able to wow me with one of his performances on the show (and it might not be the one you expect… 🤔) Wyatt kicked off his run with a standard - Bobby Darin’s “Mack the Knife.” This was not my style at all, but it’s hard to ignore how comfortable Wyatt was on stage. He was completely in his element and that showed through the little hand gestures he was doing throughout the performance. This was very good vocally too, especially that long, sustained note. I’ll be honest that I wasn’t that into the performance when it first aired, but after a few re-watches I have really begun to appreciate what Wyatt did up there. You know you have a great vocalist and performer when someone like me, who is not a fan of the style, can call it a solid performance. Wyatt was able to get Kelly and Ariana to turn, and ended up choosing Kelly. I personally thought he would have stood out more on Team Ari (plus, a battle with Raquel would have been heavenly), but at the end of the day, it is what it is (plus, the magic we got after that on Team Kelly was worth it.) Now, I had mentioned that one performance of Wyatt’s had wowed me and that was surprisingly his montaged battle with Holly. I am not lying when I tell you that this snippet was unironically one of the best performance(s) of the episode it aired in. Like, I have literally had it on repeat in preparation for Wyatt’s write-up. Wyatt’s voice complimented Holly’s tone so well and brought so much depth to the performance. I definitely think this could have been one of the best battles and I am shocked that the producers decided to montage it in the first place. :( Wyatt was eliminated after the battle, which was pretty disappointing after that flawless snippet. It was even more sad when I found out that his Knockout song choice was “I (Who Have Nothing),” which is a performance that I think could have gotten be fully on board the Wyatt train. Despite not being a fan of his style of music, Wyatt still managed to get me to appreciate his performances, and for that, I have him out of the first set. I really do hope him and Holly plan on recording that battle because that is something I will pay good money for. :haha:

Clue: According to this contestant’s battle partner, all Jershika had to do was smile. (A reference to the lyrics “you smiled at me and really eased the pain,” which Wyatt’s battle partner, Holly Forbes, sang in the battle, and Jershika’s Top 11 performance of “How Can I Ease the Pain?”)

#41. The Joy Reunion (Team Blake)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-TheJoyReunion-1250x1250.png

Closing out this set is another one of the many group acts that auditioned for this season. The Joy Reunion, composed of Robert, Gentry, and Neil, is a country music trio from California. Ironically, after blinds spoilers, I expected TJR to go the farthest out of all the groups, but they ended up getting eliminated in the following round. :dead: Anyway, the Joy Reunion kicked off their run with a bang after singing Little Big Town’s “Boondocks.” I LOVED this performance! First of all, can we just talk about their energy?! - these guys had me hyped from the first note. And those harmonies came and swept me off my feet. Their voices blended so well together and created magic on that stage. It’s clear from each member’s stage presence that they had been performing for awhile. The two guys looked like they were jamming out at a gig, and Gentry was full of energy throughout the entire performance. The solo parts near the end of the performance were stellar too! Each member’s voice was so full of conviction and power. My only complaint about the performance is that I wish Gentry’s gorgeous tone had gotten more of a spotlight. Otherwise though, this was a great showing from them. Their performance earned two chair turns, one from Blake and one from John. To no one’s surprise, the country trio went with Blake. :haha: One of the member’s got emotional at the end of the performance, which really showed me how much a chair turn on a show like this means for these artists. 🥺 I’m glad they got to experience that moment with their families (albeit through a camera.) In the Battles, The Joy Reunion was paired against Peedy Chavis, which from pre-show covers, I figured that this would be an easy win for TJR. We obviously know now that that wasn’t the case, but TJR still did a solid job on Three Dog Night’s “Joy to the World” (how fitting for their group name. :giggle:) This was a good performance, but definitely not as impactful as their audition. I lost a lot of the conviction that I had gotten from each member in the blinds. The harmonies were solid but at times they started to feel like background vocalists to Peedy. :( That being said, Neil crushed it on the guitar, and the way all four artists ended that performance was so beautiful. Blake ended up choosing Peedy, which I agreed with, but it was still a bit sad to see TJR go home. 😢 While I thought TJR faltered a bit in their battle, their phenomenal audition and overall solid run more than warrants them the top spot in this set.

Clue: This contestant’s battle song choice was perfect for them and is now perfect for the holiday season - well, kind of… (A reference to the Joy Reunion’s battle song, “Joy to the World,” which includes the word “joy,” and has the same name as the Christmas carol.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234’s The Voice Season 21 Contestant Ranking List (#41-44 Posted!!!!)
1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

According to this contestant’s battle partner, all Jershika had to do was smile. (A reference to the lyrics “you smiled at me and really eased the pain,” which Wyatt’s battle partner, Holly Forbes, sang in the battle, and Jershika’s Top 11 performance of “How Can I Ease the Pain?”)

omg that's kinda genius lol

• Thanks 1

Very interesting clues lol.

44. Fair placement for her.

43. Ditto

42. I saw this one coming. Even though we only saw a performance and a half from him on the show, he's so up my alley that I'd definitely put him higher, since I love his material off the show. Wish he could have made it further.

41. Fair placement for them. Love their off show material but wasnt a fan of them on the show. I did like Gentry's tone in the battle and Neil ripped a good guitar solo (which is unusual in a battle setting), so props to that.

• Thanks 1

Can’t complain about any placements again, since all were close to where I would put them

44. Good placement for her. I had her one spot lower in my ranking. I didn’t care for her audition and her battle was montaged, so that sums it up.

43. I think they were one spot higher in my ranking. Yeah, I agree that their audition was a mess and their battle was better, which basically sums up why they are in this specific set.

42. I had him a couple spots higher on mine. There was honestly a point where I forgot he was on the show. That pretty much explains his placement. Also, that clue was very difficult.

41. I had them a couple spots higher. I enjoyed their audition but I didn’t like their battle performance, which really lowered their placement for me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Very interesting clues lol.

44. Fair placement for her.

43. Ditto

42. I saw this one coming. Even though we only saw a performance and a half from him on the show, he's so up my alley that I'd definitely put him higher, since I love his material off the show. Wish he could have made it further.

41. Fair placement for them. Love their off show material but wasnt a fan of them on the show. I did like Gentry's tone in the battle and Neil ripped a good guitar solo (which is unusual in a battle setting), so props to that.

Yes :haha:

I’m glad we’re in agreement on Janora and KCK3. 

42. That’s fair (me with Lain :dead:) Considering my disinterest regarding his style, I think I ended up liking him more than I initially thought I would. 

41. I think I liked them more on the show. 💀 All I wish is that Gentry got more of a spotlight like she did in some of their off-show covers. 

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Can’t complain about any placements again, since all were close to where I would put them

44. Good placement for her. I had her one spot lower in my ranking. I didn’t care for her audition and her battle was montaged, so that sums it up.

43. I think they were one spot higher in my ranking. Yeah, I agree that their audition was a mess and their battle was better, which basically sums up why they are in this specific set.

42. I had him a couple spots higher on mine. There was honestly a point where I forgot he was on the show. That pretty much explains his placement. Also, that clue was very difficult.

41. I had them a couple spots higher. I enjoyed their audition but I didn’t like their battle performance, which really lowered their placement for me.

44. :thumbs:

43. Looks like we’re in agreement here, for the most part. 
42. His style wasn’t my cup of tea, but I have begun to appreciate both of his performances. 
41. I thought they took a step back in their battle as well. I didn’t get all the confidence and conviction that I saw from them in their audition. 

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

#44. Janora Brown (Team Legend)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-JanoraBrown-1250x1250.png

Kicking off this set is the first Team Legend contestant to be ranked. Janora is one of the contestants that pretty much hid from us during the spoiler/pre-season period. No source was able to identify her so she pretty much remained a mystery until her blind audition aired. That being said, Janora really snuck up there with that stellar tone of hers. Janora kicked off her run with a beautiful rendition of Monica’s “Angel of Mine.” The first thing that grabbed my attention was, obviously, Janora’s tone. It has such a crisp, clear quality to it that just cuts right through. Then, Janora started to bring out the runs, which I thought were executed well. None of the runs she did felt out of place or excessive (to me at least), which is a trap singers like her often fall into on these shows.  I agree with Kelly’s comment about her vocal control, which I think could have benefited some of the runs near the end of the performance. Her voice started to waver a bit after John and Kelly turned their chairs, but overall, I thought Janora did a solid job here. Janora ended up choosing John, which made sense after how invested he appeared to be (while Kelly offered good advice, I think joining her stacked team would have been a mistake for Janora.) Anyway, Janora moved on to the Battles where she sang “One Last Time” (👻) by Ariana Grande, in front of Ariana Grande (that must have been so nerve-racking, yet so cool at the same time! :haha:) The battle was montaged, but judging by the snippet alone, I think I actually preferred Janora here. Janora’s tone cut right through and that run on “home” sent me- 😳 John ended up choosing Shadale, which I can’t really argue against, since we only saw a few seconds of the battle. That being said, Janora should be proud of her run and should feel even more confident in her talent. It’s rare to find someone who has a gorgeous tone AND can execute all those complex runs. That was put on full blast in her audition, which is why she was able to escape the first set of this ranking.

Clue: This contestant’s battle song choice sealed their fate on the Voice. (A reference to the irony of “One Last Time” being the last song Janora performed on the Voice stage.)

#43. KCK3 (Team Ariana)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-KCK3-1250x1250.png

Next up is one of the many group acts to audition for this season. KCK3, made up of Chelsea, Kyla, and Kaitlynn, is the first of these acts to be ranked and the third member of Team Ariana to be ranked. Speaking of Ariana Grande, this trio kicked off their run with a rendition of her song “No Tears Left to Cry.” The opening harmonies were stunning and gave me chills. That was without a doubt the best part of the performance. I will add that I loved the layering of the harmonies throughout the entire performance. It made the performance dynamic and interesting. Unfortunately, as the performance progressed their pitch started to waver and that’s where things started to get a bit shaky for me. The harmony placement was stellar, but often exposed their pitchiness. That being said, they got Ariana to turn on her own song, and she was REALLY into the performance! At the end of the day, that’s what matters (not the comments of a random person on the Internet :dead:) This was a solid showing from KCK3 but I thought they really shined in their battle with Ryleigh Plank. First of all, LOVE the song choice - I was so happy to see so many Xtina songs on this season of the Voice, and these four queens most definitely delivered. This performance showed KCK3 at their prime. The harmonies were well-placed like last time, but this time, they were not plagued by the pitch issues of their audition. The harmonies provided power which I thought allowed them to be on an equal playing field with the vocal beast that is Ryleigh Plank. The solo parts from each member were really good too! This was honestly a really close battle, and I found myself switching who I preferred throughout the performance. Ariana chose Ryleigh, which I can’t argue with after that phenomenal run she SLAYED (more on that in her write-up 👀), but I think more credit should be given to KCK3 who showed massive improvement from their blind audition. So while KCK3’s pitchy blind audition is the reason why they are so low in this ranking, their stellar harmony placement, as well as their phenomenal improvement in their battle is more than enough to justify their absence from the first set.

Clue: After an inspired song choice in the blinds, this contestant turned the tables on their coach in the Battles. (A reference to the fact that KCK3 sang an Ari song in the blinds, and sang “Come on Over Baby (All I Want Is You)” in the Battles. The “turned the tables” part of the clue is a reference to the “I Want You” display that occurs when a coach turns a chair, and the fact that KCK3 was basically saying that to Ari after they pointed to the coaches at the end of the battle.)

#42. Wyatt Michael (Team Kelly)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-WyattMichael-1250x1250.png

Up next is one of the jazz singers that turned a chair on this season of the Voice. Wyatt Michael is also the first contestant from Team Kelly to be ranked. To begin, I will admit that Wyatt’s style is not exactly my cup of tea. That being said, he was able to wow me with one of his performances on the show (and it might not be the one you expect… 🤔) Wyatt kicked off his run with a standard - Bobby Darin’s “Mack the Knife.” This was not my style at all, but it’s hard to ignore how comfortable Wyatt was on stage. He was completely in his element and that showed through the little hand gestures he was doing throughout the performance. This was very good vocally too, especially that long, sustained note. I’ll be honest that I wasn’t that into the performance when it first aired, but after a few re-watches I have really begun to appreciate what Wyatt did up there. You know you have a great vocalist and performer when someone like me, who is not a fan of the style, can call it a solid performance. Wyatt was able to get Kelly and Ariana to turn, and ended up choosing Kelly. I personally thought he would have stood out more on Team Ari (plus, a battle with Raquel would have been heavenly), but at the end of the day, it is what it is (plus, the magic we got after that on Team Kelly was worth it.) Now, I had mentioned that one performance of Wyatt’s had wowed me and that was surprisingly his montaged battle with Holly. I am not lying when I tell you that this snippet was unironically one of the best performance(s) of the episode it aired in. Like, I have literally had it on repeat in preparation for Wyatt’s write-up. Wyatt’s voice complimented Holly’s tone so well and brought so much depth to the performance. I definitely think this could have been one of the best battles and I am shocked that the producers decided to montage it in the first place. :( Wyatt was eliminated after the battle, which was pretty disappointing after that flawless snippet. It was even more sad when I found out that his Knockout song choice was “I (Who Have Nothing),” which is a performance that I think could have gotten be fully on board the Wyatt train. Despite not being a fan of his style of music, Wyatt still managed to get me to appreciate his performances, and for that, I have him out of the first set. I really do hope him and Holly plan on recording that battle because that is something I will pay good money for. :haha:

Clue: According to this contestant’s battle partner, all Jershika had to do was smile. (A reference to the lyrics “you smiled at me and really eased the pain,” which Wyatt’s battle partner, Holly Forbes, sang in the battle, and Jershika’s Top 11 performance of “How Can I Ease the Pain?”)

#41. The Joy Reunion (Team Blake)

Voice-S21-Web-App-Vote-40No-TheJoyReunion-1250x1250.png

Closing out this set is another one of the many group acts that auditioned for this season. The Joy Reunion, composed of Robert, Gentry, and Neil, is a country music trio from California. Ironically, after blinds spoilers, I expected TJR to go the farthest out of all the groups, but they ended up getting eliminated in the following round. :dead: Anyway, the Joy Reunion kicked off their run with a bang after singing Little Big Town’s “Boondocks.” I LOVED this performance! First of all, can we just talk about their energy?! - these guys had me hyped from the first note. And those harmonies came and swept me off my feet. Their voices blended so well together and created magic on that stage. It’s clear from each member’s stage presence that they had been performing for awhile. The two guys looked like they were jamming out at a gig, and Gentry was full of energy throughout the entire performance. The solo parts near the end of the performance were stellar too! Each member’s voice was so full of conviction and power. My only complaint about the performance is that I wish Gentry’s gorgeous tone had gotten more of a spotlight. Otherwise though, this was a great showing from them. Their performance earned two chair turns, one from Blake and one from John. To no one’s surprise, the country trio went with Blake. :haha: One of the member’s got emotional at the end of the performance, which really showed me how much a chair turn on a show like this means for these artists. 🥺 I’m glad they got to experience that moment with their families (albeit through a camera.) In the Battles, The Joy Reunion was paired against Peedy Chavis, which from pre-show covers, I figured that this would be an easy win for TJR. We obviously know now that that wasn’t the case, but TJR still did a solid job on Three Dog Night’s “Joy to the World” (how fitting for their group name. :giggle:) This was a good performance, but definitely not as impactful as their audition. I lost a lot of the conviction that I had gotten from each member in the blinds. The harmonies were solid but at times they started to feel like background vocalists to Peedy. :( That being said, Neil crushed it on the guitar, and the way all four artists ended that performance was so beautiful. Blake ended up choosing Peedy, which I agreed with, but it was still a bit sad to see TJR go home. 😢 While I thought TJR faltered a bit in their battle, their phenomenal audition and overall solid run more than warrants them the top spot in this set.

Clue: This contestant’s battle song choice was perfect for them and is now perfect for the holiday season - well, kind of… (A reference to the Joy Reunion’s battle song, “Joy to the World,” which includes the word “joy,” and has the same name as the Christmas carol.)

Feel free to share your thoughts down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

First, the clue for Wyatt was freaking smart. 

Second, i personally would have put Janora and Wyatt above both KCK3 and TJR

• Like 1