Who's the most pimped/Hyped winner to ever be on the voice?

Hamza Tufail

Choose the most appropriate answer  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Josh Kaufman
    • Sawyer Fredericks
    • Jordan Smith
    • Alisan Porter
    • Chris Blue
    • Maelyn Jarmon
    • Carter Rubin
    • Cam Anthony
    • GNT
  2. 2. Who would've won even without pimping?

• Josh Kaufman
    • Sawyer Fredericks
    • Jordan Smith
    • Alisan Porter
    • Chris Blue
    • Maelyn Jarmon
    • Carter Rubin
    • Cam Anthony
    • GNT

Jordan was easily the most pimped one. Honorable mentions to Alisan and Chris.

I believe Sawyer would still have. He was way too dominant. Jordan as well, honestly, he didnt really need all that pimping, he connected with the audience.

I agree with TeamAudra that both Chevel and Sundance did it without the pimping. TPTB didnt focus on them as much as the other winners and had different TCOs in mind for their seasons.

Edited by Misirlou

Was Chris even that pimped or is Lauren’s fan thread storming this thread? 🤔 

Jordan was the most pimped by far, and I remember Jake Hoot being pimped quite a lot too, even Carson Daly would do his “HOOT, HOOT, HOOT” chant after his performances .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

Was Chris even that pimped or is Lauren’s fan thread storming this thread? 🤔 

Jordan was the most pimped by far, and I remember Jake Hoot being pimped quite a lot too, even Carson Daly would do his “HOOT, HOOT, HOOT” chant after his performances .

I didn't like Lauren but I thought Chris was pretty pimped, it was more about stopping Blake then Chris though I think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, octoberdana said:

I didn't like Lauren but I thought Chris was pretty pimped, it was more about stopping Blake then Chris though I think.

It was more about giving Alicia a going away present.   By my count that is the third time they've done that....Christina, Alicia and Gwen. 

#EveryoneGetsATrophy #ThanksForPlayingAlong #EqualiyOfOutcome

In a way, Josh Kaufman was pimped, and yet he wasnt. He was given his fair share of pimp spots (Auditions, 2nd Battle, Playoffs, T12, and Finale). But they never really focused on him that much I feel. He didnt really have a "storyline", except that Adam's loss was Usher's win. They focused more on Christina (RIP), and others.

6 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

It was more about giving Alicia a going away present.   By my count that is the third time they've done that....Christina, Alicia and Gwen. 

#EveryoneGetsATrophy #ThanksForPlayingAlong #EqualiyOfOutcome

True but they didn't do that for Shakira, Miley or JHud.  

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

In a way, Josh Kaufman was pimped, and yet he wasnt. He was given his fair share of pimp spots (Auditions, 2nd Battle, Playoffs, T12, and Finale). But they never really focused on him that much I feel. He didnt really have a "storyline", except that Adam's loss was Usher's win. They focused more on Christina (RIP), and others.

Christina was hugely popular on youtube.  That season had the most social media interaction and the highest premiere ratings.  Josh was the oldest winner at the time and it was obvious the record company wasn't interested in him.  But they really wanted to break up the book ends always winning.  So much talent that season.  I still think Christina might have been the breakout star from the voice.  She wanted to be on team Christina so had she been a coach that season would have been interesting to see if they did anything differently.

6 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

True...probably didn't think to negotiate a win into their contracts.  😜   I'd almost bet Ari gets one if she comes back.

It will be really difficult to pull that off. The deck is really stacked in favor of Blake and Kelly right now, especially Blake. For Ari to win, it would have to be something like S16 with one dominant singer on her team, and everyone else sucking. 

Edited by TeamAudra

18 hours ago, Weirdoo said:

Was Chris even that pimped or is Lauren’s fan thread storming this thread🤔

Don't know...but what I do know for sure is it's not the Chris Blue fan thread because like his music career...it doesn't exist.  😝

It will be really difficult to pull that off. The deck is really stacked in favor of Blake and Kelly right now, especially Blake. For Ari to win, it would have to be something like S16 with one dominant singer on her team, and everyone else sucking. 

They pulled it off with Gwen.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Don't know...but what I do know for sure is it's not the Chris Blue fan thread because like his music career...it doesn't  exist.  😝

They pulled it off with Gwen.

How many seasons did it take Gwen to finally get it done? I lost count. She also benefits somewhat from her relationship with Blake, even though some Blake stans hate her. 

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How many seasons did it take Gwen to finally get it done? I lost count. She also benefits somewhat from her relationship with Blake, even though some Blake stans hate her. 

True...but Ari is extremely relevant today and Gwen was decades ago.  Time, in more ways than one, is on Ari's side. Besides: Super contestants like Tessanne, Sawyer, Jordan and Maelyn do actually happen and when they do, by hook or crook, coaches that are not popular with Minivan win. 

3 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

True...but Ari is extremely relevant today and Gwen was decades ago.  Time, in more ways than one, is on Ari's side. Besides: Super contestants like Tessanne, Sawyer, Jordan and Maelyn do happen and when they do, by hook or crook, coaches that are not popular with Minivan win. 

TPTB would have to make all of her decisions for her, and pick the songs but, OK. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1