Dancing with Myself -competition w/ Shakira on NBC

istersay

Dancing with Myself - NBC Reality Series

from Deadline

Shakira To Lead NBC Competition Series ‘Dancing With Myself’ From Irwin Entertainment 

Peter White
December 14, 2021 10:00AM PST
EXCLUSIVE: Waka waka… Shakira is fronting a new dance competition format for NBC.

The series is the latest dance competition series for NBC, which cancelled Jennifer Lopez’s World of Dance earlier this year after four seasons. With So You Think You Can Dance not returning to Fox, it leaves space for a new batch of dance series to waltz alongside ABC’s long-running Dancing with the Stars. For instance, Fremantle was recently pitching its own take on dance to network buyers last month with Live from Los Angeles.

Family-friendly competition series Dancing with Myself will see a group of dancers compete each week in a series of high-energy dance challenges designed and demonstrated by the show’s celebrity creators, including Shakira.

Isolated in their own pods, contestants have a short time to learn the new routines, add their unique flare and then perform their hearts out in front of a live audience. As each round of the competition progresses, Shakira and her judging panel provide instant feedback and encouragement, but, ultimately, it’s the studio audience that decides who is named best dancer of the night and gets to take home the cash prize.

Irwin, who created the series, will exec produce with Dave Kuba, Eli Frankel and Ben Thursby-Palmer, as well as Shakira and her manager Jaime Levine.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/shakira-to-lead-nbc-competition-series-dancing-with-myself-from-irwin-entertainment-1234890618/amp/

• istersay changed the title to Dancing with Myself -competition w/ Shakira on NBC

Official Press Release

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/6c11543f-df97-4822-8295-c574dc258401

I'm always up to a new Dance Show. 

Look like episodic. So each week we have a new dancer and 1 winner.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dany said:

Official Press Release

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/6c11543f-df97-4822-8295-c574dc258401

I'm always up to a new Dance Show. 

Look like episodic. So each week we have a new dancer and 1 winner.  Looking forward to it.

I love dance shows also, this should be fun to watch :bobo:

• 3 months later...

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/80136043-31d5-47dc-acde-fccd27427c90

SPORTS LEGEND SHAQUILLE O’NEAL AND ACTRESS LIZA KOSHY JOIN ICON SHAKIRA AS CREATORS ON ‘DANCING WITH MYSELF’

Well not sure about this news. It make it seem more like  a gimmick than a real dance competition. I'm a sucker for dance show so I'll still check it out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's on :w00twave:

http://fs.freestreams-live1.com/watch-nbc-live1/

Dancing With Myself

Open Those Pods
SEASON 1, EPISODE 1 • PREMIERE

10:01 PM ON NBC 3 • TV-PG • STEREO • CC

A flight attendant, teacher, jiu-jitsu instructor and nine other contestants from across the country enter the "Dancing With Myself" pods to battle it out over six dance challenges set by celebrity creators Shakira, Nick Jonas and Liza Koshy.

this show seems kind of frantic :lmao: they all dance at the same time

dancing/voting happens so fast you can't really focus on the dancers, not sure how this format will work

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

this show seems kind of frantic :lmao: dancing/voting happens so fast you can't really focus on the dancers, not sure how this format will work

LMAOO yeahh this is all so true. :lmao: It's quite difficult to focus on everything as it's so fast paced with the dancers, showing of the celebs and audience shots. :haha: 

But I'm watching in support for Shakira and dance shows though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LMAOO yeahh this is all so true. :lmao: It's quite difficult to focus on everything as it's so fast paced with the dancers, showing of the celebs and audience shots. :haha: 

But I'm watching in support for Shakira and dance shows though.

it's crazy, is this just the audition stage, and then they go to something else?, I should have studied this harder :rofl:

12 minutes ago, istersay said:

it's crazy, is this just the audition stage, and then they go to something else?, I should have studied this harder :rofl:

No, I don't think it's anything like that.

I think they have 12 people per episode and will have the format that they are using tonight through the season (of like 6 rounds narrowing it down to 10-8-6-4-2 dancers). Then there's one winner each episode that wins $25,000. 

So yeah it's not like the normal audition/finals stage or stuff like that. It's really different, but one of those shows where you could miss an episode and not miss anything or can watch out of order. :haha: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Happy with Tyra winning as she was my favorite through the whole episode. :yes: 

she was the best dancer so I'm happy, they other girl was a hoot though

• Like 1

I missed the premiere so I'll watch it on DVR today, But I don't have much time so I'll probably not be able to finish it. 

First round we don't spend enough time on each dancer I don't remember anyone.  

Smac :wub: I love her from previous work she was on SYTYCD S16

But in this round we barely see anyone. 

2nd round we could see the dancer better but some don't know how to freestyle. 😅. And stop cutting to the panel. we want to see the Dancer. 

Top row vs bottom row is kind of unfair if your in the wrong row 

Duo was so fun :haha: I like that they are being creative and not sticking to the choreo which was a bit bland. 

Final thought I 'm glad Tyra and Smac were the finalist. Tyra had a better final performance so well earn win. 

Overall this show seem more like dancing for fun than serious so it's good for what it is  :thumbsup: