The Voice 21 ● Live Finale Winner is Chosen ● Discussion

istersay

I didn't greatly care who won but I thought it was pretty obvious that either GNT or Wendy would win.  Wendy reminded me of Blake's runner up Megan Lindsy runner up to Sawyer.  She had very little chance due to Sawyer instant popularity.  Seems like Wendy had similar issues against GNT.

1 hour ago, Angelbright said:

So it was definitely rigged because his republic got on there so fast ?

All I can say is it’s a good thing this wasn’t widely known on social media last night. It doesn’t seem like it could get much worse than it already was, but that would have done it. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

All I can say is it’s a good thing this wasn’t widely known on social media last night. It doesn’t seem like it could get much worse than it already is, but that would have done it. 

I don't see the issue here?  Republic can sign whatever contestants whenever they want as part of the show contract.  Republic sucks anyways.

3 minutes ago, octoberdana said:

I don't see the issue here?  Republic can sign whatever contestants whenever they want as part of the show contract.  Republic sucks anyways.

I don’t care about it. I was referring to social media reactions. They are not rational. I’m actually concerned they are going to sign with them because of this. It also feels like a money grab by Republic.  I do not trust them. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I don’t care about it. I was referring to social media reactions. They are not rational. I’m actually concerned they are going to sign with them because of this. This also feels like a money grab by Republic to me. I do not trust them. 

Fans of this show are not usually rational lol.  I saw a lot of people who thought it was unfair that Wendy had worked with very famous artists before.  Seems something is always perceived as unfair.  And based on Republics really record I wouldn't want any contestant to sign with them.

Just now, octoberdana said:

Fans of this show are not usually rational lol.  I saw a lot of people who thought it was unfair that Wendy had worked with very famous artists before.  Seems something is always perceived as unfair.  And based on Republics really record I wouldn't want any contestant to sign with them.

They’re still saying that about Wendy as we speak. And the “Voice not the Voices” on and on. Lots of unhappy people out there taking this show too seriously. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They’re still saying that about Wendy as we speak. And the “Voice not the Voices” on and on. Lots of unhappy people out there taking this show too seriously. 

…I mean, you’re on a forum that is the peak of taking this show way too seriously, lmao.

I get your point though, some people just get unhinged with a capital U online if things don’t go the exact way they want with just about anything (including the show). Hopefully, things go more smoothly after today since it hasn’t even been 24 hours since the finale, but we’ll see.

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

…I mean, you’re on a forum that is the peak of taking this show way too seriously, lmao.

I get your point though, some people just get unhinged with a capital U online if things don’t go the exact way they want with just about anything (including the show). Hopefully, things go more smoothly after today since it hasn’t even been 24 hours since the finale, but we’ll see.

It will blow over as soon as the next singing show starts..

54 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

So they signed the papers with republic last week ? Bcuz republic not having all the finalist sign papers. 

They wouldn’t need to have signed anything. The contract they signed to be contestants was still in effect. Republic is the label listed on the studio recordings too.

6 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

They wouldn’t need to have signed anything. The contract they signed to be contestants was still in effect. Republic is the label listed on the studio recordings too.

Correct and if Republic wants any of the contestants they are stuck with them.  They have crushed many winners and other contestants careers.

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This is not true. They do not have to sign. 

They do not have to sign a recording contract. But to be on the show they all have to sign a contract that gives Republic exclusive rights to any music released while they are on the show (and likely a short period immediately following). 

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

They do not have to sign a recording contract. But to be on the show they all have to sign a contract that gives Republic exclusive rights to any music released while they are on the show (and likely a short period immediately following). 

The comment I replied to referred to post-show. There probably is a waiting period, but we don’t know how long that is. Some have probably broken that rule too. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The comment I replied to referred to post-show. There probably is a waiting period, but we don’t know how long that is. Some have probably broken that rule too. 

The waiting period is probably the amount of time between when Bella last aired and when she released music. It may get longer the farther you get in the competition as well.

And yeah,  no one has to sign. But Republic gets the exclusive right of first refusal, again, likely with a specific time limit.

A song released on finale night is almost certainly considered a show release, not a post-show release.

Edited by AngelaKD

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The waiting period is probably the amount of time between when Bella last aired and when she released music. It may get longer the farther you get in the competition as well.

And yeah,  no one has to sign. But Republic gets the exclusive right of first refusal, again, likely with a specific time limit.

A song released on finale night is almost certainly considered a show release, not a post-show release.

So…if Republic were to get word that Atlantic is potentially interested in Hailey, they could step in, but Hailey can just refuse to sign, and she would just have to wait a predetermined length of time. I believe this exact scenario happened with a former contestant, they ended up signing with Republic and they got screwed. I can’t recall who it was? Maybe Matt?

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

So…if Republic were to get word that Atlantic is potentially interested in Hailey, they could step in, but Hailey can just refuse to sign, and she would just have to wait a predetermined length of time. I believe this exact scenario happened with a former contestant, they ended up signing with Republic and they got screwed. I can’t recall who it was? Maybe Matt?

Actually, I believe it was Grimmie. Adam wanted to sign her and Republic blocked him, and signed her to one of their imprints. Then they pretty much did nothing with her. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

if I remember, up through S5 the contract offer and restrictions only applied to the winner. Then Jacquie Lee signed with Atlantic and RR was displeased. After that, the restrictions were expanded, but I’m not sure if it applies to the actual finale night contestants or the whole T12/13.

I don’t think it matters whether they get word about Hailey. She can casually talk to anyone, but she can’t negotiate a contract until the waiting period passes. OTOH, they could always release her early, but if they heard about another offer, they might want to be a**holes for the sake of being a**holes.

The thing with Matt wasn’t that he had another offer on the table. It was simply that it appeared that they had no plan for him, or interest in pushing his very successful original song. They just made the offer to lock him up, just in case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Actually, I believe it was Grimmie. Adam wanted to sign her and Republic blocked him, and signed her to one of their imprints. Then they pretty much did nothing with her. 

I don’t think so. Adam basically said he’d sign her if she didn’t get an offer from a major label.