Misirlou

Grade Ariana as a coach.  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Killed it! Best coach the show has ever had
    • She did very good, a few mistakes but she can learn
    • Mixed run, both genius and terrible moves
    • Keep trying, honey

I'm surprised by those voting that she was flat-out bad.  I thought that her choices were mostly sensible pre-Lives.  It was the Lives where her decisions became out-of-this-world idiotic.

I went with mixed.

i think that besides hailey no one on her OG team was frontrunner status to begin with. the cast wasnt in her favor since it was skewed more older and no one just wanted to pick her. i think she didnt make any bad decisions besides dropping hailey and yeah some song choices werent good but overall she cares about her team and it truly shows. and i cant wait for her to see her support her team post-show. i voted very good with a few mistakes.

• Like 2

Ariana’s biggest problem was she didn’t understand voting patterns. 

IMO, she wins if she keeps Hailey. That was her error of the season.

she was looking for a young 20’s type of vocalist,  but the audience doesn’t go for it. 

song choices were generally good songs that fit her team, but generally not vote getters. For instance, I think of Kelly had Jim and Sasha, they would have sung “Sound of Silence” - and a ballad as an Instant Save.  

In short, Ari’s biggest issue was she assumed What works musically in the real world. Would work on the show. We’ll see if she learned from it if she comes back. 

outside of Hailey though, the show did something weird to her. We would have thought that we’d have a bunch of high quality younger singers, but we got an older group this year. Older people were less likely to go with Ariana. 

Also, Ari brought a lot of social media success to her team, but that didn’t translate to votes. 

overall, I enjoyed her a lot. She’s got a Cute personality, and I hope she comes back. I think she had the potential to be a good coach.

Edited by mercfan3

I’ll say what we sometimes say about artists on the show: saw enough potential that’d I’d like to see another performance (season). She’s got the care for her artists and fits in well enough with the other coaches. 

Whether I’d want her to do another season after that, would depend entirely on whether she takes the lessons learned from this season and becomes more competitive. 

She seemed like a blast to be around, closely interacted with her teammates, she's really sweet, and I hope she helps them post show.

And she ended with what it appeared to be a strong team on POs, but they fell like dominos in the lives (Minus Raquel). That's where it went downhill.

She was no S14 Kelly. But again, she has the potential to be the best out of them off the show if she keeps the same enthusiasm for her contestants there.

I thought Ariana really struggled as a new coach, but a lot of this could be due to inexperience. She didn’t have a good strategy with her team and she also didn’t know what voters liked. She also didn’t give her teammates the best song choices this season, and playoffs were definitely evident of this. I also think that some of her decisions this season backfired. Picking Ryleigh over David was one in particular because David would have really stood out on her team more than on Team John (which was stacked with talent this season). He would have benefit as the only male in the Lives and if Ariana saved him in playoffs, he could have potentially lasted longer than Ryleigh. Using Hailey Mia as fodder seemed to be a mistake, but Kelly was the better coach for her anyway. I personally would have selected Katie Rae over Raquel, as Katie ended up getting Instantly Eliminated on probably the strongest team on playoffs night. Finally, she stole an explosive four chair turn, Holly Forbes, and didn’t know what to do with her, giving her country, rock and disco, rather than artists such as Billy Joel.

Ariana also didn’t have the best luck with the more seasoned contestants. All seven four chair turns passed on her initially, and it took her four tries to get a battle steal. If she comes back, hopefully she learned from her mistakes and is able to improve her coaching methods. 

To be fair though, many new coaches struggled in their first season, and some of them eventually won the show, or at least improved their placement the next season they were on.

Love her has a mentor and person, but...

-Although Raquel definitely sounded better in the battles, picking Hailey would've been more strategic. She should've acted as a more experienced coach would have and evened out her fodder contestants a bit better if she really wanted to keep them both (ex. Hailey vs. KCK3 or Katherine and Raquel vs. Sophia or something of that nature). 

-She should've diversified her team a bit more. Obviously it's not her fault a lot of people didn't choose her in the blinds, but with almost everyone on her team being purely pop, she could've turned for and brought a dark horse like Jack, Xavier (although she prob had no spots left on her team), or Lana far.

-Ariana also could've used her steal on someone more strategic than Manny like Keilah. Honestly, Keilah could've made waves and gone extremely far had Ari stolen her.

-Picking Ryleigh over Bella for the CS was a massive mistake. Bella had a much larger fanbase and way more potential, and considering they both gave equally terrible performances in the Playoffs, it wouldn't have been unjustified for Ari to pick Bella (although I'm not going to make any comment on Raquel's ROBBERY).

-Ari honestly should've used Jim and Sasha as fodder or let them go in the pre-lives. Instead, in both rounds, she sacrificed the only other weaker remaining members of her team (Sophia and Manny) to them, which was really strange. Maybe she hoped to bring Manny to the lives with Jim and Sasha being fodder for him and only picked J&S because Manny flopped, but IDK...

Edited by ikwonic
  • Like 2

I picked “keep trying, honey.” Some of her song choices were great, such as Enough is Enough and Sugar We’re Goin Down, but she also chose some bad songs, like Dilemma and SSDIY. She also made some bad choices, like choosing Ryleigh over Bella and Raquel and David. She also got rid of Katie, who could’ve done well. Finally, stealing Manny wasn’t a bad idea until he flopped in the KOs. I really wish she had stolen Jack, KJ, or Wyatt.

9 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

I picked “keep trying, honey.” Some of her song choices were great, such as Enough is Enough and Sugar We’re Goin Down, but she also chose some bad songs, like Dilemma and SSDIY. She also made some bad choices, like choosing Ryleigh over Bella and Raquel and David. She also got rid of Katie, who could’ve done well. Finally, stealing Manny wasn’t a bad idea until he flopped in the KOs. I really wish she had stolen Jack, KJ, or Wyatt.

Also, Ariana could have tried stealing Sabrina, Johnathan, or Hailey G in the KOs, and I would have been happy! Johnathan’s KO has actually started to grow on me.

Parker would have been another great steal choice. The reason I say this is because while Manny was a great steal choice and had potential, he flopped in the KOs due to song choice.

My assessment of her is that she's still "too human" (much like Miley was) to be a good and strategic coach on this show. She hasn't gone through the dehumanization process required to make decisions that will give her a chance to win yet, and each pick was clearly taking a huge toll on her -- the fact she had an act at every IS this season was borderline cruel LOL

If she were to come back, I'd hope for her to be somewhat like Alicia was, someone that seems to really connect with their acts but also knows what's the best choice to make (in the lives at least...). And better song choices ffs-

I put mixed run. Interesting coach and clearly dedicated to her contestants (I hope she follows through with helping out her contestants) but she definitely didn't think so much with her head as much as her heart when it came down to decision-making. But it's good to have a coach that clearly gives a sh*t.

Do I want her back? Absolutely. She was a breath of fresh air this season. Would I bet on her coming back? NOPE. Her fans were cruel to her and her artists. I don't think she'll feel that motivated to make a return. But who knows. Maybe she had a more positive experience than I'm picturing.