RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 14

*Chris

20 hours ago, Elliott said:

@*Wallace finding out Daya Betty is Crystal Methyd's drag daughter sister and they're playing El Debarge again:

Over It Im Done GIF by Jasmine Masters

Also you when Jasmine's talent show performance was dancing to a Fifth Harmony song

Edited by *Lily
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Elliott said:

omg y’all Drag Race finally has WGWGs 😍😍😍😍

Omggg you would love this. :dead: 

5 hours ago, *Lily said:

Also you when Jasmine's talent show performance was dancing to a Fifth Harmony song

LMAOOO yess. :dead: 

I did watch the show so I'll post some thoughts:

Angeria was the standout of this group for me. She has a great fun personality and gave a really entertaining performance with her original song. I like that she did an original song, as that helped her stand out from the other lip syncs.

Jorgeous & Jasmine also had great lip sync performances too. I do think they maybe brought stronger and more outstanding dancing than Angeria, but they didn't have the original song advantage for me. These are two I'll be interested in seeing how their journeys go.

Lady Camden had a fun and much different ballet performance than what I was expecting. She also seems like a fun and quirky type contestant too. 

Definitely really interested in seeing Maddy's journey on this show, with being the first straight contestant on the show. 😮 I always wondered if that had happened while binge watching the show but now it has. I liked and appreciated that Maddy actually played the guitar in their act, but I just wished it was something with more layers to it. Their runway was so trippy and scary, but very interesting.

I definitely agree with the Bottom 2 of DeJa and Daya Betty as the Bottom 2, as their acts were my least favorites. DeJa's tried to be funny but fell flat. Daya just had a typical ordinary lip sync, that especially fell flat in comparisons to Jorgeous & Jasmine's, who were right before her. DeJa brought lots of emotion and nailed the lip sync so I felt she was deserving of staying. Felt bad for Daya Betty but I do agree with her going first.

It hsould be fun seeing who stands out next week when they all come together. 😮 

This talent show was super underwhelming my ranking of the episode.

1. Georgeous (spelling?) - stunning, great dancing with few tricks involved.  Beautiful runway.  Def one to watch imo.

2. Angeria Paris Vanmichaels - beuatiful runway but the original song didn't leave a huge impact on me.

3. Maddy Morphesis - the storyline is interesting, didn't care for RuPaul "outting" her.  At least she did something different with her talent that wasn't lipsync/dancing.  Best runway of the week imo.

4. Jasmine Kennedy - too many tricks, and not enough dancing for me,  but here by default.

5. Lady Camden - I liked their personality and runway, but the ballet dancing in heels kind of put me off.

6. Daya Betty - I understand why she left, the runway was not good, and the talent was so-so.  She also did worse in the lip sync, but he was cute and likable imo.

7. Deja Skye - did a great job in the lip sync, but hated the talent and the runway.  Also reminds me of like Sherry Pie a bit.

1. Angeria Paris McMichaels : The charisma that she exudes! Loved her talent and runway, as well!
  2. Jorgeous : She seems to have ton of potential and promising - looking forward to seeing more from her.
  3. Maddy Morphesis : I was a bit hesistant on Maddy at first but I must say that I was impressed by the talent and the runway. 
  4. Jasmine Kennedy : Gorgeous on the runway, and could be a threat in a lipsync. 
  5. Lady Camden : Hated the runway, the talent show left me wanting more - I would have loved it more with actual pointe shoes. 
  6. Daya Betty : Sad to see her get eliminated so early as I think she had more to show and the eye candy of the season. She was also good in the lipsync! 
  7. Deja Skye : Her entrance look looked like she came from Charlie and the Chocolate factory ! She turned it up in the lipsync !
Edited by *Chris

1 minute ago, *Chris said:
  1. Angeria Paris McMichaels : The charisma that she exudes! Loved her talent and runway, as well!
  2. Jorgeous : She seems to have ton of potential and promising - looking forward to seeing more from her.
  3. Maddy Morphesis : I was a bit hesistant on Maddy at first but I must say that I was impressed by the talent and the runway. 
  4. Jasmine Kennedy : Gorgeous on the runway, and could be a threat in a lipsync. 
  5. Lady Camden : Hated the runway, the talent show left me wanting more - I would have loved it more with actual pointe shoes. 
  6. Daya Betty : Sad to see her get eliminated so early as I think she had more to show and the eye candy of the season. She was also good in the lipsync! 
  7. Deja Skye : Her entrance look looked like she came from Charlie and the Chocolate factory ! She turned it up in the lipsync !

basically copying me besides 1 and 2 flipped!  

1. Angeria

2. Jorgeous

3. Jasmine

4. Lady Camden

5. Maddy

6. Deja

7. Daya

This was Angeria’s episode all over for me, great runway, great confessionals, mini and maxi-challenge winner. I’m also excited for the others in my top 3 though.

Overall after both premieres:

1. Kornbread

2. Angeria

3. Kerri

4. Willow

5. Jorgeous

6. Bosco

7. Jasmine

8. Lady Camden

9. June

10. Maddy

11. Deja

12. Daya

13. Orion

14. Alyssa

Don’t really know how I would rank all the queens now that we’ve seen both premieres, but my favorites at this point are definitely Angeria, Willow, and Jasmine. Also really enjoyed Maddy this week but wouldn’t consider her a favorite yet.

1. Angeria - someone on reddit posted that she looks like a Gerudo from Zelda and now I'm living

2. Jorgeous - it was polished and solid. Not as excited about this half of the cast but definitely ready to see more

3. Jasmine - See what I wrote for Jorgeous

4. Maddy - playing a guitar ballad while standing still is certainly a Choice™ but I really liked the entrance and runway looks

5. Deja - worst entrance look, but I loved the runway. The talent show was... better than Orion lol? It was so short and that's all she did???

6. Daya - seemed like she would be a good narrator for the season but you can't do out in a fully ripped dress and expect to be safe

7. Lady Camden - this is not for me. Didn't like the entrance, hated the talent show, hated the runway. We shall see how this develops

my two week super-sized premier thoughts. I'd do each queen in order of how i'd rank them except so many fall into the middle of MEH that I am not. So tiers I guess.

Tier 1:

Kornbread - I just rewatched all of season 6 because I can. And you know how you watch and from like episode 1 Bianca walks in and you are like "wow this bitch is winning" (also see: Bob the Drag Queen and Raja), that's the vibe Kornbread gives. Unless something CATASTROPHIC happens in a performance, I don't see how she gets eliminated before the finale.

Angeria - I don't think intentionally that Drag Race splits the two premiers into an A-team and a B-team, but LBR, compared to the first week, week 2 was the B team. The only exception to this was Angeria who IMHO has another obvious ride to the finale. Pageant Queens do well in this show for a reason (and that reason is that Drag Race is a glorified pageant) and Angeria already looks like she can hang with the best Pageant Queens of the past few seasons.

Bosco - Bosco is really like Tier 1B to Kornbread and Angeria but I think Bosco also makes the finale. I think Queen 4 in the finale is really open to a lot of the other queens but I think from episode 1 Bosco is a lock with Angeria and Kornbread. It takes a lot of talent and confidence to do Burlesque as your talent and make it stand out and Bosco did just that.

Tier 2:

Willow Pill - This isn't in order because I don't think Willow Pill makes the finale unless she steps up her runway drag. But her talent show had me DYING of laughter. I went through the perfect roller coaster of emotions and it made me wanting more.

Kerri Colby - I worry that she will end up resting on pretty. And I really wish she had gotten to her jump roping faster, but I think that she's here for a while and wouldn't be surprised to see her in the finale. Especially because she's so so beautiful.

Jorgeous - I don't know why her name isn't pronounced "whore-geous" but I digress. If you are gonna do lip syncing as your talent you need to really bring it and of the queens that did lip syncing hers was the best.

Lady Camden - I'm interested in seeing what she does. I guess that's kind of what this tier is. People who I didn't hate and could intrigue me and I could see lasting long.

Jasmine Kennedie - I don't really remember her lip sync but her runway was stunning. She intrigues me.

Tier 3:

Alyssa Hunter - I wish she ACTUALLY played the guitar! This was just lip syncing! I am not really sure where to put Alyssa so she lands in Tier 3.

Maddy Morphosis - UGH. I have a whole rant that I am going to restrain myself on. But I don't understand having a straight, cis-male before a cis-female queen or a Drag King on the US show. But beyond that, Maddy's drag was not great. The Guy Fieri look had an awful wig (Guy Fieri the man has bigger hair than what Maddy brought) and the white tights were awful. The costume for the talent show was awful. The guitar playing was mediocre. The runway was a costume with flats. Step it up because like it or not Maddy is going to be judged harsher just for her inclusion on this show.

Tier 4:

June and Deja Skye cannot be here for long. Deja has the advantage because her runway was good. June is probably the next to go.

The eliminated queens:

Okay. Do we really think they were eliminated? I don't. But suffice to say they were not great and each was the clear choice for elimination IMHO.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:41 PM, Solaris said:

didn't care for RuPaul "outting" her

I think if you are a straight person walking into a gay space then it is your obligation to "out" yourself. Maddy Morphosis should have walked in as a bad Guy Fieri knock-off and been like "I'm a hetero." If you aren't going to do that then I have no issue with Ru doing so.

1. Willow Pill - I don't know if I understood Willow week 1.  But i haven't stopped thinking about her talent show since, and she slayed this week. Sort of loving her. Also coked out 90's supermodel sent me.

2. Jorgeous - stan.  Loved the personality and all 3 looks.

3. Angeria Paris Vanmichaels - that white outfit was my single favorite runway of the week. I see her as the front runner right now.

4. Bosco - I will probably be a stan by the end of this haha.

5. Kornbread Jete - this low because of the absolutely hideous design challenge part.  Hideous colors and unflattering on the body. Sort of loving her relationship with Willow too.  She was so nice to help her out!

6. Daya Betty - so happy she is back!

7. Maddie Morphosis - She's a little unpolished next to many of the queens, but she's likable. I really liked her white runway with the moons and stars.  

8. Lady Camden - didn't love her looks except for the red one.  Shes growing on me a little more.

9. Kerri Kolby - stunning to look at but there was something a little wrong with each of her looks this week for me.  

10. Orion Story - didn't come back and leave a huge impression on me, sort of just there.

11. Alyssa Hunter - sort of invisible this week.

12. Jasmine Kennedie - liked that she helped the other girls, but not a fan.  Did love her design for the red white and blue wedding though.

13. Deja Skye - she did well this week, I just don't like her.

14. June Jambalya - thank god.  Mess mess mess.  Terrible lip sync, didn't like her in confessionals.  This elimination makes sense in my fantasy.

Edited by Solaris

1. Angeria Paris Vanmichaels The 🌟 of the season !  Her personality is amazing, always bringing it on the runway - she would have been my winner of the week. And she gives us good one liners, in confessional and werk room : the Mary J. Blige wig and Sharing vs. Sharon Stone :dead: 
  2. Kornbread Jete  I absolutely love her, and while her runways were not my favourites, I thought she really shined in this episode. 
  3. Alyssa Hunter I am an Alyssa fan, sue me. I already see her delivering good looks but not having any win... Seriously though, she nailed all three categories and should have been in the top especially over Jorgeous. 
  4. Willow Pill : I am liking Willow Pill but I am unsure if I would have given her the win or even have her in the top. She's clearly RuPaul's favourite so I expect her to go far. 
  5. Kerri Colby I love her ! I love her looks beside the third one but that was expecting considering how she was struggling. 
  6. Daya Betty This is what I expected from Daya Betty - all three looks were great and I think she could surprise as the competition progress. 
  7. Jasmine Kennedie All three looks were amazing, and can't wait to see more from her. I think she could be a triple threat. 
  8. Jorgeous : She's gorgeous and there's no denying when it comes to the look department. Her first and second look was great and very polish, but very too basic for me - I wanted more. And her last look was not that great. 
  9. Bosco Bosco transformation is amazing, but I have yet to be WOW'ed by Bosco. '
  10. Maddie Morphosis  I may have a crush on Maddie :ph34rwave:.  I actually loved her second look, and was surprised that she was in the bottom. She did surprised me with the lipsync ! 
  11. Lady Camden Still waiting to be WOW'ed. Her second look bothered me a bit with the the thing going around the dress, similar to her last outfit. 
  12. Orion Story Not impressed yet. 
  13. Deja Skye Still giving me like they belong in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the makeup. Last look was good but the rest was meh.
  14. June Jambalaya Love June's personality but her looks ? No.  The first look was ill fitted esp the skirt, the second look was beautiful but couldn't walk in it, and third look was terrible and she couldn't even sell it. The lipsync ? She was like "I am going to give your some old school RPDR and serve some Milan realness". 

Like Megan said, there are just far too many queens in this for me to really focus or have an opinion on everyone. Some of them are mid-range and just there, but it's early in the season. They'll have time to grow on me. I'll provide some of my thoughts below:

With that said, Angeria Paris Vanmichaels is standing out as my top favorite. Really loved all 3 of her looks. She was my personal winner of the week. She impressed me last week and this week, so I'm backing Angeria as my choice to win. I'm most excited to see what she does each week.

I'm also still loving and really enjoying Kornbread too. Maybe not the best showing this week on the runway, but she probably has my top favorite personality. She manages to crack me up but her backstory also reallly broke my heart for her. :(

Willow did great with her looks but I agree with Chris that I am not sure if she would have been my winner. I'm not as into her as the judges/show seem to be but hopefully she can grow on me within time.

I enjoyed Jorgeous' runway looks and thought she did well. But I was quite surprised she was in the Top 3.

I'm happy Kerri managed to be safe as I worried for her on the design part of the challenge. I kinda am rooting for her as an underdog type favorite - not sure if she's seen as that, but I am.

I feel like I kinda forgot about some of the queens when it got into the two groups combined - such as Alyssa, Bosco, Lady Camden, etc.

Wasn't reallly too fond of the idea of the two eliminated queens coming back. But Daya Betty made a good impression and stepped it up here. I personally would have had Orion Story in the Bottom 2 rather than Maddie.

I was a bit sad/surprised about Maddie landing in the Bottom 2. I do think Orion should have been there instead. I am glad that she won the lip sync. Sadly with June, I was really liking her on Week 1 and happy that she survived then. I was less invested in her time this episode. I did like her first look but the second one made me go yikes with how she couldn't walk in that outfit. I thought her lip sync had a few good fun moments but a lot of messy/over-the-top moments that didn't fit with the song. I understood her going here. :(