Jump to content

DWTS30 Week 10 - Finale Night Discussion Thread!


*Wallace
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, *Diana said:

JoJo was so robbed. I can't help but feel sad.

 

What hurt Jo-Jo - she was a ringer with professional dance training and experience.  Same with Amanda. 

 

What help Iman - he embody the true spirit of the show - taking someone completely out of their comfort zone.  He was a fish out of water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

So the only way a woman wins in today's DWTS world (Olympian or Bachelorette)

 

The rest, thanks for playing.

Yah the men just have to win NBA Championships and break a dynasty against a 73-9 team 😭

Edited by totes4totes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

So the only way a woman wins in today's DWTS world (Olympian or Bachelorette)

 

The rest, thanks for playing.

 

They need to stop casting ringers like JoJo and Amanda. 

Edited by mytake1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Apparently they can't even be that anymore :(

I’m not a Sasha hater but did suni get any actual good choreo this season? She made it work and was awesome by the end but low key wonder how things could have been different had she gotten standout choreo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been watching this show all season, Not knowing of this forum. Thank you all for this place. I hope that my comments here I not unwarranted.

 

1st thing I want to say, congrats to all the finalists, you did well getting there. Tough to see the voting week after week, and the heartbreak of ones you wish to see succeed getting voted off, for whatever reasons.

 

I remember when I first started watching DWTS, the show was for celebs with none or next to no dance experience. It was a place to show who grew the most each week. I kind of like it that way, as it helps us see who is learning and improving. So based on that, I would have to say, Iman has earned his place for being the most improved of those who made it into the finals. Jojo was a great dancer, but she has had much experience in dance during her life. By her natural skills at this point in her life, it is hard to show improvement each week. While I do agree she had the skills to be number one, she also had less improvements to be made from her starting skills.

 

Cody, I feel had a bit of an unfair advantage to some of the celebs in the past, since he was unable to enter the ballroom due to Covid. Other celebs who were unable to from an illness or being hospitalized understood and withdrew from the competition. His dances were entertaining.

 

Many of the celebs that were voted of in previous weeks, I felt were better and more improved than the finalists, I will not name them, as they are not in tonight's festivities. All of them deserve a congratulations for stepping out of their comfort zone, and being brave enough to at least give something new a try.

 

In a way, I miss older seasons, the stuff they had that we no longer see, for reasons I can understand. The 1 hour Tuesday night eliminations with the Dance Troupe. The trio and team dances. The special year. Stuff like that.

 

I hope, that this place will be a welcome place for me to hang out in future seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shyla said:

I've been watching this show all season, Not knowing of this forum. Thank you all for this place. I hope that my comments here I not unwarranted.

 

1st thing I want to say, congrats to all the finalists, you did well getting there. Tough to see the voting week after week, and the heartbreak of ones you wish to see succeed getting voted off, for whatever reasons.

 

I remember when I first started watching DWTS, the show was for celebs with none or next to no dance experience. It was a place to show who grew the most each week. I kind of like it that way, as it helps us see who is learning and improving. So based on that, I would have to say, Iman has earned his place for being the most improved of those who made it into the finals. Jojo was a great dancer, but she has had much experience in dance during her life. By her natural skills at this point in her life, it is hard to show improvement each week. While I do agree she had the skills to be number one, she also had less improvements to be made from her starting skills.

 

Cody, I feel had a bit of an unfair advantage to some of the celebs in the past, since he was unable to enter the ballroom due to Covid. Other celebs who were unable to from an illness or being hospitalized understood and withdrew from the competition. His dances were entertaining.

 

Many of the celebs that were voted of in previous weeks, I felt were better and more improved than the finalists, I will not name them, as they are not in tonight's festivities. All of them deserve a congratulations for stepping out of their comfort zone, and being brave enough to at least give something new a try.

 

In a way, I miss older seasons, the stuff they had that we no longer see, for reasons I can understand. The 1 hour Tuesday night eliminations with the Dance Troupe. The trio and team dances. The special year. Stuff like that.

 

I hope, that this place will be a welcome place for me to hang out in future seasons.

Welcome! But you will not find many allies with this post :dead:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

So, which Olympic figure skater do we need to get on the show next season for a female to win? ❤️ 

 

Bradie Tennell and Karen Chen are the only relevant ones these days, right? Gracie Gold is still competing apparently, as is Mariah Bell, but I'm not sure either of them will qualify for Beijing. It'll be Bradie or Karen depending on which of them does better in Beijing and/or is in the awful "team" event and get a bronze that way. (Are the Shib Sibs retired retired, or just not competing while there's no Olympics? Because if it's the latter and they qualify and repeat as medalists, I'd love to see Maia get a shot at DWTS.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alex95 said:

Welcome! But you will not find many allies with this post :dead:

Maybe not, Just expressing my opinion. Hopefully I won't be attacked for it, as I have been reading posts tonight, and while some I may not agree with, I respect their decisions and choices. This is a place to share ones opinions, is it not?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rpryor03 said:

 

Bradie Tennell and Karen Chen are the only relevant ones these days, right? Gracie Gold is still competing apparently, as is Mariah Bell, but I'm not sure either of them will qualify for Beijing. It'll be Bradie or Karen depending on which of them does better in Beijing and/or is in the awful "team" event and get a bronze that way. (Are the Shib Sibs retired retired, or just not competing while there's no Olympics? Because if it's the latter and they qualify and repeat as medalists, I'd love to see Maia get a shot at DWTS.)

The Shibs aren’t retired officially but don’t think they’ll find success if they come back atm.

 

I would say either Hubbel and Donoghue if they medal which it’s very likely. Not sure if the public will fall in love with them like Davis and White - I much prefer them to Davis/White.

 

I really would love to see Mariah Bell, or I’d like to see Amber Glenn or Ashley Wagner compete on DWTS.

Edited by *Chris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I totally see the show trying to get Hubbell/Donohue or Chock/Bates if either one medals at the Olympics.

 

The show loves repeating storylines (married couple competing against each other, real life couple dancing together) so I definitely see them going all in on the “figure skating partners compete against each other” story if one of those 2 medal. :haha: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

I totally see the show trying to get Hubbell/Donohue or Chock/Bates if either one medals at the Olympics.

 

The show loves repeating storylines (married couple competing against each other, real life couple dancing together) so I definitely see them going all in on the “figure skating partners compete against each other” story if one of those 2 medal. :haha: 

Hubbel / Donohue over Chock / Bates, please :ph34rwave:

 

Wish international skaters could compete on DWTS because we don’t have a version of it in Canada ; Virtue & Moir would have been everything. Waiting for Papadakis and Cizeron to go on Danse Avec Les Stars! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want both teams to have clean skates at the Olympics this time around after all the heartbreak of four years ago.

 

Maybe they go to the pool of retired female skaters? I wouldn’t be surprised if they do because they have in the past with Kristi and Nancy.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Linds said:

I’m not a Sasha hater but did suni get any actual good choreo this season? She made it work and was awesome by the end but low key wonder how things could have been different had she gotten standout choreo 

I told y'all from the start but people came for me for being disappointed Suni got Sasha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Shyla said:

Maybe not, Just expressing my opinion. Hopefully I won't be attacked for it, as I have been reading posts tonight, and while some I may not agree with, I respect their decisions and choices. This is a place to share ones opinions, is it not?

Aww I also echo Alex in saying welcome to the forum here! :hug: I love and welcome seeing all kinds of different opinions on here (as long as we are all respectful towards one another), and hey.... we all have different opinions of what we want and look forward to on the show! :yes: Your opinions are perfectly valid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, *Diana said:

I told y'all from the start but people came for me for being disappointed Suni got Sasha

I remember wanting Brandon to get the gymnast this year. 😢 Not sure if you wanted that too. Loved his partnership with Kenya but I'm so curious what he can do with a gymnast!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I also echo Alex in saying welcome to the forum here! :hug: I love and welcome seeing all kinds of different opinions on here (as long as we are all respectful towards one another), and hey.... we all have different opinions of what we want and look forward to on the show! :yes: Your opinions are perfectly valid!

Thank you so much Wallace. I feel part of a forum family, and I have been part of some before, you need to accept the bad with the good, And sometimes even refrain from responding to others that may have a different expression than yourself. My thoughts are, if you don't like something someone else has posted, you can do either of the following. 1) Respect their post, and say that we will have to agree to disagree, OR 2) Ignore it and move forwards. To me, either one is able to help keep the peace

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...