The Voice 21 ● Live Top 11 Performances ● Discussion

istersay

3 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

right, like I spend half my day telling my students to not throw things. Her doing this at 14 is impressive.

lol I spend 75% of it saying masks over nose, phones away, and stop cursing

But if you see them in situations where they are passionate/invested in what they're doing...they act much more professional. It's sort of the thing about being a teenager, they're developing the adult version of themselves, and the more it is something they want/care about...the closer to the adult version they are

(obviously not true of all teenagers) 

3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Being team Kelly was the best thing to happen for Hailey. She's bloomed her talent and Hailey is running with her potential. Even if not winning, she's a star.

I agree. I don’t think Ari has the desire to work with a growth arc contestant. If she returns as a coach, young contestants should take note.  Kelly is masterful at it. I think what Kelly does best is to help make them believe in themselves. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I agree. I don’t think Ari has the desire to work with a growth arc contestant. If she returns as a coach, young contestants should take note.  Kelly is masterful at it. I think what Kelly does best is to help make them believe in themselves. 

Which, given that Ariana started out pretty young, too, you'd think she'd want to do.

1 minute ago, deszfan88 said:

Tbh I thought Wendy was amazing 

Good for you.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think Ari has the Xtina problem where she doesn’t necessarily realize vocal limitations because she doesn’t have them. 

this is worse for young contestants than older ones. 

it’s why I think Usher did better with the older contestants too, even though he clearly wanted to work with younger ones.

1 minute ago, mercfan3 said:

I think Ari has the Xtina problem where she doesn’t necessarily realize vocal limitations because she doesn’t have them. 

this is worse for young contestants than older ones. 

it’s why I think Usher did better with the older contestants too, even though he clearly wanted to work with younger ones.

Kelly doesn’t have many vocal limitations either, though. I don’t know…I’m thinking how could someone not notice a 13 year old has good pitch control and lots of power, given what else she had on her team? Kelly noticed it right away. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Kelly doesn’t have many vocal limitations either, though. I don’t know…I’m thinking how could someone not notice a 13 year old has good pitch control and lots of power, given what else she had on her team? Kelly noticed it right away. 

Kelly struggled a bit with this in the beginning too, but I think she wanted to work with young people so much, she’s gotten a lot better. She let Brynn have a lot of control and would tell her to “go for it vocally” whereas now she’s much better at guiding. 

I think letting Hailey go was just a monumental mistake on Ari’s part. It’s like when Miley let Addison and Chloe go. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Kelly struggled a bit with this in the beginning too, but I think she wanted to work with young people so much, she’s gotten a lot better. She let Brynn have a lot of control and would tell her to “go for it vocally” whereas now she’s much better at guiding. 

I think letting Hailey go was just a monumental mistake on Ari’s part. It’s like when Miley let Addison and Chloe go. 

That’s true. If Hailey wants to work on expanding her upper register, have her wait until after she’s done with the show. :yes: This applies to the adults too, though. We’ve seen many contestants on Team Ari try to tackle songs they cannot handle. 

1 hour ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Blake seems way too invested in Wendy already to do that though 

That's Blake's problem sometimes.  He's often too stubborn to see when the one whom he wants as his team's frontrunner isn't working out.  He couldn't see it when it was staring him right in the face with Courtney, nor could he with Keisha, and nor could he with Kat.