Jump to content

Are there any contestants since Maelyn who has had a voice reminiscent of hers?


FanOfTheVoice
 Share

Recommended Posts

 I know her voice is probably one-of-kind and untouchable, but do any contestants you remind you of her magical, ethereal tone? I’ve seen fans (and in some cases John Legend) compare her to Zan (S18), Cami (S19), and Julia (S19). Most recently, a few people here and on YouTube have stated that Bekah’s voice (from GNT) reminded them of Maelyn but like a softer, more folksy version. Are these comparisons way off or do you see some resemblance? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zan and Bekah have very similar tones and styles. 

 

Cami has a similar style but her tone is quite different. I don't see similarities with Julia.

 

I've also heard some comparisons with Sarah Simmons and I agree, she's very Maelyn-like too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FanOfTheVoice said:

 I know her voice is probably one-of-kind and untouchable, but do any contestants you remind you of her magical, ethereal tone? I’ve seen fans (and in some cases John Legend) compare her to Zan (S18), Cami (S19), and Julia (S19). Most recently, a few people here and on YouTube have stated that Bekah’s voice (from GNT) reminded them of Maelyn but like a softer, more folksy version. Are these comparisons way off or do you see some resemblance? 

Welcome to IDF :claywave:

 

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Zan and Bekah have very similar tones and styles. 

 

Cami has a similar style but her tone is quite different. I don't see similarities with Julia.

 

I've also heard some comparisons with Sarah Simmons and I agree, she's very Maelyn-like too. 

I agree with those for the most part, Bekah has really reminded me of her lately

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, echoap said:

Zan and Bekah have very similar tones and styles. 

 

Cami has a similar style but her tone is quite different. I don't see similarities with Julia.

 

I've also heard some comparisons with Sarah Simmons and I agree, she's very Maelyn-like too. 

 

I think the comparison with Sarah is more because of her appearances. Her tones are very different though. Maelyn's tone is haunting and pristine while Sarah's one is rasp and rocker.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, eidi said:

 

I think the comparison with Sarah is more because of her appearances. Her tones are very different though. Maelyn's tone is haunting and pristine while Sarah's one is rasp and rocker.

Maybe I'm not remembering well, last time I watched a Sarah Simmons performance was a long time ago. I'm more confident with the other comparisons though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...