9) Joshua V

Love Them, but IDK

10) Lana

11) Gymani

12) Shadale

13) Ryleigh

I'll go with this one, looks pretty accurate to me 👍

Next Level

1. Girl Named Tom - if I were a betting man... there's a brilliance to what they do every week that puts them a cut above, even if I can occasionally nitpick the particulars of their arrangements.

2. Wendy Moten - best voice on the show; possibly top 2-3 ever on the show; was smart to go more finessed/nuanced last night, but could stand to pour more of herself into her vocals like...

On the Cusp

3. Jershika Maple - floored by her. (As a security guard, she could probably knock me to the floor as well.) She keeps up what she did last night, and she may surpass Wendy for me. Her personality also works in her favor - if this were the "Who do I want to share stories over beer with?" power ranking, she'd be at the top of my list without question. 

Just Ahead of the Pack

4. Paris Winningham

5. Joshua Vacanti

Neither is everyone's cup of tea, but both are very solid vocally and bring something unique among this year's contestants which make them stand out - Paris his soul / passion, and Joshua his theatricality. Compared to The Pack, I could see myself being bummed if I don't get at least 2-3 more weeks of their performances. 

The Pack

6. Gymani - consistently good, but risks getting outshined by Jershika and Wendy. Song choice will be critical.

7. Jeremy Rosado - solid, has the "wow" factor in moments, but perhaps not enough to go the distance 

8. Lana Scott - solid, has a lane to herself for the most part; similar to Jeremy, has the "wow" factor in moments but not enough to go the distance

9. Hailey Mia - voting population may ensure she outperforms this slot. "Compelling for her age" doesn't quite match Carter Rubin's "compelling for any age" 

10. Holly Forbes - solid and a favorite of many here, but have seen a number of moments of inconsistency / nerves that will hurt her unless she can crush the song choices these next few weeks. 

Just Outside the Top 10 (while still outlasting 2/3 of their competitors; not to mention being more skilled singers/performers than 99.9% of America)  

11. Shadale - her versatility is impressive and she can bring a lot of emotion to her performances; just doesn't seem to connect in the same way to those ranked higher

12. Jim and Sasha - voting population may also ensure they outperform this slot; clear case where personality and strategic song choice has carried them beyond raw vocal ability relative to their competition

13. Ryleigh Plank - still 1000% better of a singer than me or anyone I know personally, great and unique vibe, but facing stiff competition. 

Ranking slots by coach:
Blake: 2, 4, 8

Ariana: 10, 12, 13
John: 3, 5, 11
Kelly: 1, 6, 7, 9

Assuming a 5-person finale, I expect one, maybe two, of "The Pack" to sneak in. But I expect at least 3 of my Top 5 would make a 5-person finale, likely 4.

John is my sneaky pick to surprise everyone and get two into the finale. 

Edited by mathguy
  • Like 1

PREDICTION
1 Girl Named Tom
2 Wendy Moten
3 Jershika Maple
4 Ryleigh Plank
5 Lana Scott
6 Shadale
7 Gymani
8 Holly Forbes
9 Paris Winningham
10 Joshua Vacanti
11 Jim and Sasha Allen (Wins Instant Save)
12 Hailey Mia
13 Jeremy Rosado

WANT
1 Girl Named Tom
2 Wendy Moten
3 Shadale
4 Ryleigh Plank
5 Lana Scott
6 Jershika Maple
7 Gymani
8 Hailey Mia
9 Paris Winningham
10 Jim and Sasha Allen
11 Jeremy Rosado (Wins Instant Save)
12 Joshua Vacanti
13 Holly Forbes

14 hours ago, caburr1982 said:
PREDICTION
1 Girl Named Tom
2 Wendy Moten
3 Jershika Maple
4 Ryleigh Plank
5 Lana Scott
6 Shadale
7 Gymani
8 Holly Forbes
9 Paris Winningham
10 Joshua Vacanti
11 Jim and Sasha Allen (Wins Instant Save)
12 Hailey Mia
13 Jeremy Rosado

WANT
1 Girl Named Tom
2 Wendy Moten
3 Shadale
4 Ryleigh Plank
5 Lana Scott
6 Jershika Maple
7 Gymani
8 Hailey Mia
9 Paris Winningham
10 Jim and Sasha Allen
11 Jeremy Rosado (Wins Instant Save)
12 Joshua Vacanti
13 Holly Forbes

😂 

23 hours ago, mathguy said:

Hailey Mia - voting population may ensure she outperforms this slot. "Compelling for her age" doesn't quite match Carter Rubin's "compelling for any age" 

Funny because Carter didn't have to survive a long season. Who knows if he would have managed to handle the pressure that Hailey is handling right now 

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Funny because Carter didn't have to survive a long season. Who knows if he would have managed to handle the pressure that Hailey is handling right now 

Carter was pretty under-control, its the Finale that he got a bit nervous on "The Climb" Still a good performance though. I believe he would have been fine.

Hailey is doing pretty well so far, even in that IS, she slaughtered her competition and gave a very strong performance.

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Also, Hailey handled the pressure of being in an Instant Save with five people, all of them at least five years older than her. And managed to survive. She is not just good for her age, she is good for any age

And it was prob only her 2nd time, singing live, in front of an audience(not to mention the knowledge of singing in front of 6 - 7 million people on national TV)

Monday was impressive too. Prob her very 1st time singing live, and slaying it.

That girl is dangerous(good way of course) and don't be surprised to see her make the Finale, despite the odds against her(seemingly) 

• Like 2

Top 11 ranking, if I may add. Not much has changed, but here are my opinions:

1. GNT(Pretty much won at this point)

2. Wendy(she'll recover)

3. Paris

4. Hailey(I think she surpassed Jeremy, officially for the week)

5. Jerishka(John's frontrunner IMO, could go higher, depending on following weeks)

6. Jeremy(I think its the start of his decline, good luck to him tho)

7. Holly

8. Lana

9. Joshua

10. Jim/Sasha

11. Gymani

8 - 11 is likely to be in the bottom next week, not sure who tbh, besides Gymani. I think Jim/Sasha will join them. Then officially, Holly can be the sole survivor for Team Ariana in the Top 10 and Top 8 Semis(prepare for massive pimpage)

Prepare for the "moments" next week, some middle of the pack artists can shoot up imo. GNT just needs to keep singing at there recent level, and they got the win on lockdown.

I'm a bit skeptical on Jerishka, but good for her, if it wasn't a fluke for the week, she should continue her stats and I could even put her higher. I think Paris will start to decline too, just my observations.

Kinda crazy to see how I changed my rankings from last week... the 2 ranked in the bottom went home.

Locks:

1. Girl Named Tom - duh. (=)

2. Wendy Moten - still definitely a finale lock, but her grasp on that 2nd place slot seems to be slipping for me. (=)

Feeling like a lock but stranger things have happened:

3. Jershika Maple - at this rate I'm convinced she'll be closing next week. Well received by IDF and minivan alike and giving consistently good performances. (+3)

Was originally gonna put her with the group below but there's more pros than cons for her:

4. Hailey Mia - She has a path to herself right now and has been positively received so far in lives. Can't think of any cons for her run besides personal taste. (+4)

You can shuffle these in any order, these are the surprise jumpers and surprise early exits:

5. Jeremy Rosado - He does have a story and solid vocals to match. If he survived that clunker of a song choice without landing in the bottom, he's fine for now. (-2)

6. Holly Forbes - I mean they clearly aren't sending her home yet but she's slipping very quickly. (-1)

7. Lana Scott - Country lane to herself, but even then mixed reception from the audience. (=)

They have some support, but I'm not convinced it'll be enough to rank them higher (yet)

8. Jim & Sasha Allen - they weirdly feel like they have a safe path through the next round or 2 but I don't see their support lasting much longer. (+1)

9. Paris Winningham - I had him ranked higher initially but in doing these rankings and seeing Gymani at the bottom, I feel like Blake's gonna be the only thing (potentially) keeping him around the next week or 2. Everybody above him just has something else going for them. (-5)

10. Joshua Vacanti - Divisive and there are clearly much stronger performers, although he is rather well-liked. (+1)

Out next:

11. Gymani - she had to get the save and doesn't seem to have the necessary support to last much longer, she's clearly at the bottom. (-1)

Edited by Someone648

1. Girl Named Tom

2. Wendy

3. Hailey

4. Paris

5. Jershika

6. Jeremy

7. Holly

8. Joshua

9. Lana

10. Jim & Sasha

11. Gymani

4-7 are interchangeable. Jershika’s good numbers are probably a fluke but her chances at making semis IS are better than ever and she would probably do well there.

37 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

And it was prob only her 2nd time, singing live, in front of an audience(not to mention the knowledge of singing in front of 6 - 7 million people on national TV)

Monday was impressive too. Prob her very 1st time singing live, and slaying it.

That girl is dangerous(good way of course) and don't be surprised to see her make the Finale, despite the odds against her(seemingly) 

Yeah, the reason there are no videos of her singing live in front of an audience is because she never has. LOL. That is mind boggling if you think about it. 

Anyway, I don’t really think age makes a huge difference in nerves. Adults crack under pressure on the show all the time, and we’ve seen teens show very little or no nerves, including Hailey, honestly. Carter was already mentioned, and I’ll add Chevel who literally said she never once was nervous on the show. She also answered with one word, “no” when she was asked if it was difficult. 😂 

• Like 1