The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, RTV said:

I didn't mind Adam in his early seasons, but I'd be surprised if he returned as a coach. You're probably correct about casual viewers. I doubt many regular viewers of the show have forgotten about the robe controversy, though.

Yeah IDF and places like this will never forget about Robe Gate just because of how iconic it is. But the vast majority of the viewers could maybe name 1 person from that season now at best. 

• Like 1

I really would like to see Taylor as a coach for S22, but that probably won’t happen.

I think Ed Sheeran or Ryan Teddar (I think he’s good friends with John) could fit a somewhat similar lane as Nick Jonas in the sense of being pop males while also being better.

The Weeknd would be great as a replacement for John if needed.

I also think Gwen, Pharrell, Miley, Alicia, Usher, and/or JHud would be great.

15 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

I really would like to see Taylor as a coach for S22, but that probably won’t happen.

I think Ed Sheeran or Ryan Teddar (I think he’s good friends with John) could fit a somewhat similar lane as Nick Jonas in the sense of being pop males while also being better.

The Weeknd would be great as a replacement for John if needed.

I also think Gwen, Pharrell, Miley, Alicia, Usher, and/or JHud would be great.

Wasn’t Ryan Tedder supposed to replace Adam in 2014? I feel there is an interview about it somewhere. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Wasn’t Ryan Tedder supposed to replace Adam in 2014? I feel there is an interview about it somewhere. 

Yes, he was.  Had he not renewed his contract, Ryan would have come in instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevoicefan12 said:

didn’t this season have a full number of episodes? or do you mean cutting down on the semis round?

this season was better, I guess, but I was thinking more eps, less instant saves all at once,  leading up to a top 3 finale, a top 5 is rough

1 hour ago, istersay said:

this season was better, I guess, but I was thinking more eps, less instant saves all at once,  leading up to a top 3 finale, a top 5 is rough

I hope they bring back the S4-S5 format for S22 with more live rounds plus Top 3 finale (Top 4 if there's instant save). I think a Top 6 semis would be great, with each contestant singing 2 solo songs (no duets/groups except during Tuesday shows like in S4). 3 PVs to the finale and the other 3 sing for the 4th finale spot.

Forget trying to have all 4 coaches in the finale; we have Top 5 in S21 yet one coach was still shut out of the finale.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

Anyway, hopes for this upcoming season:

- Get GaGa already as a coach! 
- Now that they've returned to a longer format, I hope they continue to add more live shows now that they're on a less gruelling schedule.

- More diversity with the casting. Now that they're only casting once a year, I'm hoping the talent pool won't be overfished and yield fresher and more unique acts.

- Bring back studios for blinds/battles/knockouts. Surely this new schedule would leave more room in the budget for these?

• Like 3

If we change the format (assuming they still keep the Wildcard + Instant Saves):

• 12 per team post-audition
  • 2 battle steals (the saves this year were good, but steals gives more people a chance to work with different coaches which I like)
  • 1 knockout steal
  • Lives go from a top 20 —> 13 —> 11 —> 10 —> 8 —> 6 —> 4
  • No team quotas
  • Bring back studios for pre-lives + playoffs (or at the very least for the playoffs)
  • Like 5

If we're talking dream coach line-ups... call me crazy, but am I the only one who kinda jives with a Kelly / Miley / JHud / Blake or Kelly / Miley / Alicia / Blake lineup? They still manage to cover a bunch of different genres while having a pretty eclectic, fun group. 

(I also may be the only person on this website who didn't totally hate Nick but that's mostly because I think his S18 run was as bad as his S20 one?)

25 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

If we're talking dream coach line-ups... call me crazy, but am I the only one who kinda jives with a Kelly / Miley / JHud / Blake or Kelly / Miley / Alicia / Blake lineup? They still manage to cover a bunch of different genres while having a pretty eclectic, fun group. 

(I also may be the only person on this website who didn't totally hate Nick but that's mostly because I think his S18 run was as bad as his S20 one?)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there might be beef between Kelly and Miley. I think it was after the vma that one year.