The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

25 minutes ago, BigMac454 said:

Tbh I would love to see Gwen back here. Or someone like Kelsea Ballerini tbh

I like new coaches coming on so Kelsea would be a good one. But I see Gwen or Nick coming back

Kelly and Kelsea at the same time This, I do not believe, will happen. If Kelly isn't available, we might see Kelsea as a coach. And having Kelsea will put more pressure on Kelly-Blake to carry the show, since I don't see Blake having a narrative with Kelsea like he had with Nick, Ariana, or Gwen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arsh said:

Kelly and Kelsea at the same time This, I do not believe, will happen. If Kelly isn't available, we might see Kelsea as a coach. And having Kelsea will put more pressure on Kelly-Blake to carry the show, since I don't see Blake having a narrative with Kelsea like he had with Nick, Ariana, or Gwen.

They did kind of had sort of a dad/daughter vibe on the show when she was on the battles. Kelsea jokingly said Blake reminded her of her dad, and thus it began.

I think Kelsea is nice, and gave some great, insightful comments on the battle rounds, but she´s a little bit tame on the entertainment factor for me. It was clear that Kelly was missing on that panel, since Blake had to carry that round.

Just now, Daillon said:

I don't think it's a hot take, you are probably right. But it would have increased her chances for sure.

She probably would have been runner-up or third place with Blake, but who knows. 

Anyway, i don't think she cared that much about winning at the end, after all, she got the chance to work with JHud, who is clearly her idol. I don't think she would've want another coach by any means.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arsh said:

Kelsea and Blake know each other since they are in country music together so that won't be an issue. Kelsea doesn't have as big of a personality as Kelly does very few people do because she is a lot :giggle: but that's partially why she is a good coach and does well on the show. Not sure how well Kelsea would do on the show but Kelly could probably help her out a lot I would imagine. 

20 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Anyway, i don't think she cared that much about winning at the end, after all, she got the chance to work with JHud, who is clearly her idol. I don't think she would've want another coach by any means.

I don't doubt it, I was just pointing out which scenario may have allowed an AA female win.

At this point I don't think it's ever happening. It makes me sad how many people keep coming back every season to torture themselves by thinking it will happen. 

Edited by Daillon
Oops I forgot about Spensha and Aliyah

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

And don't even get me started on the possibility of having an AA female finalist that isn't a powerhouse or doesn't cover Whitney or Aretha :haha:

Though I still maintain that she absolutely did not deserve the finals, Aliyah?  She was never a powerhouse and didn't cover either one of them.

8 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Though I still maintain that she absolutely did not deserve the finals, Aliyah?  She was never a powerhouse and didn't cover either one of them.

Forgot about her (I also forgot about Spensha before) 

When I made the argument I was thinking about rockers like Amanda or Kimberly making finale. Not that rockers in general usually make it to the finale, but at least we had Juliet, Terry, Chloe, Laith, Ricky... 

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rat! said:

I definitely underestimated the power of being Blake's top dog, but a lot of stuff went into Wendy taking 2nd. Paris and Hailey having declining performance quality in the later lives while Wendy came up definitely helped on top of her status. I still think a Black female winning is not possible without a lot of work from start to end, and that certainly includes casting.

If we're talking about checking categories here, a teen Black female on Team Blake is probably as good as it gets. 

Having strong community support and being likable are also key. Those are two big advantages GNT had.

• Like 1

My unbiased thoughts on the situation:

GNT knew how to build a fanbase quickly. They appealed to a wide portion of the audience and knew how to cater to them. The idea of a trio, AKA a different type of contestant winning also excited a lot of people, so that helped too.

Wendy had more trouble doing that. Whether it was lack of emotion while perfoming or her already having a professional career before this show, the audience always had something to complain about her. And this is not only on facebook, it was across all social media. She made it as far as she did because of her insane vocal ability, but she didn´t have the appeal aspect of it covered. That´s what lost her the competition, even by having Blake by her side. 

So, taking aside any biases, GNT as a whole was a "better reality show" contestant than Wendy was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

My unbiased thoughts on the situation:

GNT knew how to build a fanbase quickly. They appealed to a wide portion of the audience and knew how to cater to them. The idea of a trio, AKA a different type of contestant winning also excited a lot of people, so that helped too.

Wendy had more trouble doing that. Whether it was lack of emotion while perfoming or her already having a professional career before this show, the audience always had something to complain about her. And this is not only on facebook, it was across all social media. She made it as far as she did because of her insane vocal ability, but she didn´t have the appeal aspect of it covered. That´s what lost her the competition, even by having Blake by her side. 

So, taking aside any biases, GNT as a whole was a "better reality show" contestant than Wendy was.

I think it comes down to beloved vs respected. Wendy earned mad respect for her vocal ability, but like the song says, you can’t make people love you. You need that thing that makes people switch from merely enjoying the music to being a real fan.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

I think it comes down to beloved vs respected. Wendy earned mad respect for her vocal ability, but like the song says, you can’t make people love you. You need that thing that makes people switch from merely enjoying the music to being a real fan.

That’s a great point. 

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Pretty much, yeah. 

I will say, I don´t think it was her fault, she came across (to me) as really likable, but the whole "she´s had a career before" stigma really hurt her. That´s where the "full of herself" comments mostly came I assume. 

Edited by Misirlou

47 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Pretty much, yeah. 

I will say, I don´t think it was her fault, she came across (to me) as really likable, but the whole "she´s had a career before" stigma really hurt her. That´s where the "full of herself" comments mostly came I assume. 

Another thing IMO is she didn’t find the Grey Area between holding back and going insane vocally  until it was too late , what I mean is that she was criticized for being a “screamer” when going ballistic vocally like her prelives but then called underwhelming when holding back like her top 13,11,and 10 performances, had she performed more songs like her finale song or sang the way she did in the finale where she was holding back  but went crazy vocally when she had to, things  potentially might have been different.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

I got really spoiled this with a number of powerhouse ladies making the lives + two solid indie/alt guys + a theatrical type there too (among others), so I’m just crossing my fingers that I get one snowflake type in the playoffs next season since Lord knows I used up most of my luck getting the people I wanted there this go-around 🤪

• Like 1