The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

Mjsbigblog is speculating that Kelly could be leaving due her saying there´s a couple of changes coming up for her this year, and that she wants to spend more time with her kids. She didn´t mention The Voice at all, mj is pretty much creating a storyline here.

Kelly has handled a lot of jobs at the same time these last years so in a way continuing on the show wouldn´t be a problem, especially considering there´s only one season per year now. But who knows. If she does eventually give up one of her NBC projects, she´s not leaving her talk show.

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Mjsbigblog is speculating that Kelly could be leaving due her saying there´s a couple of changes coming up for her this year, and that she wants to spend more time with her kids. She didn´t mention The Voice at all, mj is pretty much creating a storyline here.

Kelly has handled a lot of jobs at the same time these last years so in a way continuing on the show wouldn´t be a problem, especially considering there´s only one season per year now. But who knows. If she does eventually give up one of her NBC projects, she´s not leaving her talk show.

It would be odd for Kelly to bail the year her Voice workload was cut in half, but who knows?

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Now that would be tragic… 🥲

4 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

Kelly can go.. and take Blake with her... the show needs a refresh in my opinion.. they can easily bring in another country coach. 

It took me several seasons to build up a tolerance to Blake. Not sure I can learn to tolerate another country male on the show before it cancelled :haha:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

Kelly can go.. and take Blake with her... the show needs a refresh in my opinion.. they can easily bring in another country coach. 

just for the work she did with her team on this performance, Kelly deserves to stay in her red chair for LIFE

and here i cite a recent example, we can talk about her way of doing things when she is chosen (the hilarious gifs), her way of convincing talents to choose her

• Like 1

Kelly´s the only one who can fully challenge Blake (the other ones that have beaten him were lucky they got the golden contestant on those seasons), but Kelly knows what she´s doing as a coach and Minivan, while critical of her, tolerate her.

That being said, she´s definitely not as popular as him with the audience. Everyone talks about Team Adam´s demise in S16, but Team Kelly took quite a beating as well, not in Cross Battles, but in the playoffs, all because of Team Blake.

Case in point, I don´t want her to leave, she´s definitely a fantastic asset to the show (despite several of her decisions lol), but if she does, the show would still go on.

If Blake goes, Minivan tunes out.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

There's a lot of women who I feel could take on Kelly's spot (P!nk, Gaga, even an older/less contemporary singer) but none of them have been on the show yet.

Loved Ari, but she's a long shot for a second season anyways and minivan doesn't like her. Love Gwen, but she doesn't give off the energy that Kelly brings and there will always be that separate Blake-Gwen dynamic that's nice but will get boring vs a rivalry like Kelly-Blake. JHud has the right energy but she's too divisive for the audience. 

So I don't think the show is doomed without her, but it's a hard one to replace. Kelly replacing Adam was a total fluke. 

Blake is the hard one to replace.

Always onboard for an even male-female panel though!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Kelly´s the only one who can fully challenge Blake (the other ones that have beaten him were lucky they got the golden contestant on those seasons), but Kelly knows what she´s doing as a coach

I love Kelly and I agree that she is a great coach and fully knows what she's doing but her contestants still need to appeal to Minivan. She would've never won with Chloe. Her divas place much lower than Blake's. Chevel and Jake would've won with anyone as their coach. Brynn and GNT likely, as well. Obviously, she knows which contestants to push for. Unlike Ariana, she was very quicky aware of Hailey's potential to be successful on the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colemanftw said:

Chevel and Jake would've won with anyone as their coach. Brynn and GNT likely,

Office Space No GIF 

While these contestants appealed to Minivan, i don't think any other coach (other than Blake) would've know what to do with them, especially with Chevel and Jake.

Edited by Gustavo527

Kelly isn’t Blake but her departure would be very impactful. The show has a very different energy since S14, and thanks to her they managed to replace Adam without suffering major consequences. So I don’t think the show would go on like if nothing had happened.

• Like 2

Reminder of IDF's dream contestant for the upcoming season:

"Season 21 Blind Auditions:  Hoot Worthington Wheels-Rigdon Marlow gets a 4-chair turn and An Unprecedented Double Block!"

Audition Song: God and Country Music (George Strait)

- Classic country singer

- 37 years old

- Deep, raspy voice

- Bearded man

- Heavy southern accent

- Loves denim jeans

- Loving husband and father of 7

- Plays guitar

- Loves Jesus

- Loves America

- Enjoys huntin' and fishin' 

- Very polite and laid back personality

- Cries in his intro package when mentioning his wife and kids and how he´s doing this for them

- Has a cowboy hat

- He joins TEAM BLAKE

- My source thinks he´s going to win.

-Jenzie Wheels is shook.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Reminder of IDF's dream contestant for the upcoming season:

"Season 21 Blind Auditions:  Hoot Worthington Wheels-Rigdon Marlow gets a 4-chair turn and An Unprecedented Double Block!"

Audition Song: God and Country Music (George Strait)

- Classic country singer

- 37 years old

- Deep, raspy voice

- Bearded man

- Heavy southern accent

- Loves denim jeans

- Loving husband and father of 7

- Plays guitar

- Loves Jesus

- Loves America

- Enjoys huntin' and fishin' 

- Very polite and laid back personality

- Cries in his intro package when mentioning his wife and kids and how he´s doing this for them

- Has a cowboy hat

- He joins TEAM BLAKE

- My source thinks he´s going to win.

-Jenzie Wheels is shook.

I'm dying at a double block on a country artist and Blake wasn't one of them blocked. Someone wasting a block on Ari or John is amusing me. :giggle:

• Haha 1

I know not everyone keeps up with international versions of the show, but if you haven't heard about what's happening with The Voice of Holland right now, I highly encourage you to come on over to that thread. There's a lot of allegations, etc. that led to the show (the original version of the show!) being effectively cancelled and another coach quitting (we stan Anouk) after 3 episodes aired in the season.

(TW: SA, etc.)

It involves the band leader, a current coach, and a former coach.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Classicrocker1993 said:

This article doesn’t seem reliable at all :wacko:

Christina appeared on the first three seasons pulling an estimated $20 million per season. She ended up leaving the show after season 4 but then returned for three additional seasons.

19 minutes ago, Classicrocker1993 said:

Lol

Considering Blake is the main reason the core audience even bothers to tune in these days, I don´t think Mark Brunett and Co. would ever want him to go. If he does it´ll be his choice, and one season per year might be a good thing to keep him longer.

• Like 1

I think all the people that say JLO shouldn't do it are wrong! Honestly I think JLO could add something special to the show and honestly I love Jlo she is so nuturing and honestly I would love to see JLo with a team and she what she would do

Jennifer Lopez for Season22!