Jump to content

The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is Blake Shelton Leaving ‘The Voice’ After Season 21?

source

During a segment on “Today With Hoda and Jenna,” Shelton hinted at wanting to leave “The Voice.” The statement was made in March 2021, which is before the star got married and started filming season 21 of the show.

“I hope that’s not too far down the road,” he said at the time about leaving the show. “Ten years sounds like way too long to me. I’d like to see that sooner than later.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe next season starts next fall 😓 

 

On the bright side, it'll give coaches more time to actually take a breather and support their artists instead of being bombarded with a new batch a month after so that's that 🎉

 

Either way, I hope Ariana keeps her enthusiasm for her team (and those not on her team who she also supports) because she seems really invested and willing to help these artists make a career for themselves. 

Edited by ThrowawayCrayon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I can't believe next season starts next fall 😓 

 

On the bright side, it'll give coaches more time to actually take a breather and support their artists instead of being bombarded with a new batch a month after so that's that 🎉

 

Either way, I hope Ariana keeps her enthusiasm for her team (and those not on her team who she also supports) because she seems really invested and willing to help these artists make a career for themselves. 

I agree on that, they need a breather, is Ariana coming back next season?

It'll be interesting to se what happens

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Likely not since I believe she is filming for the Wicked movie next summer. 

forgot about that, wonder who they'll get, they're saving a whole season's worth of salaries, they should get someone good

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, istersay said:

I agree on that, they need a breather, is Ariana coming back next season?

It'll be interesting to se what happens

Some say coaches are bounded for a contract to do at least 2 seasons. However, Ariana does have a pretty large price tag to be a coach so it's possible they made an exception. Either way, I don't think she's likely to come back next season since she's doing Wicked. 

Edited by ThrowawayCrayon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Some say coaches are bounded for a contract to do at least 2 seasons. However, Ariana does have a pretty large price tag to be a coach so it's possible they made an exception. Either way, I don't think she's likely to come back next season since she's doing Wicked. 

If Ariana doesn't come back next season, she may almost certainly come back the season after, assuming that she, too, signed on for two seasons.  Most of the coaches who've signed on for two seasons usually alternate with someone else.  Ceelo and Usher alternated, for example, and Shakira and Gwen both alternated with Christina at different times.  Gwen also alternated with Nick, and Jennifer alternated, in a way, with Alicia.  So Ariana could've signed on to do two alternating seasons.

 

Or maybe not.  Who knows?

Edited by Rodney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Gwen will probably return. The married couple will likely coach for the first time as a married couple due to TPTB's wishes.

That's assuming that Blake returns.  If he really does finally exit, as hinted, then that might close the door on Gwen coming back, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Maybe The Voice will bring very big names as new coaches every season from now on, especially now that the show is once a year.

This is what I have been thinking. I had a long post about how they are starting to have more current young big names, Miley, Nick, and now Ariana. I can see them starting to get big superstars that are still in the game like Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Billie Eilish, or Olivia Rodrigo (even though it might be too early for the Billie and Olivia) Also now seeing Ariana as a coach I think more people who were hesitant doing the voice might be more accepting 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

You know, rock is kindddd of making a comeback on the charts. Perhaps we could have a rock-adjacent coach to replace Ariana?

Or just plain rock?  I'd love to see Alanis or one of the sisters of Heart be a coach.

 

. . . Though this is the American version, and they probably want to keep the panel purely American.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

This is what I have been thinking. I had a long post about how they are starting to have more current young big names, Miley, Nick, and now Ariana. I can see them starting to get big superstars that are still in the game like Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Billie Eilish, or Olivia Rodrigo (even though it might be too early for the Billie and Olivia) Also now seeing Ariana as a coach I think more people who were hesitant doing the voice might be more accepting 


I don’t think they will bring back any of those you mentioned, because they are still in the game like you said (I think Ari was an exception mainly because of the pandemic)

 

Someone who would fit the bill in my eyes if she wasn’t on Idol is Katy (very sucessful but at this point of her career she wouldn’t say no to The Voice)

 

Maybe Gaga? :ph34rwave: Probably a stretch but you never know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Or just plain rock?  I'd love to see Alanis or one of the sisters of Heart be a coach.

 

. . . Though this is the American version, and they probably want to keep the panel purely American.


Alanis is currently a judge on that very weird music show on Fox, Alter Ego. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...