DWTS30 Week 5 - Grease Night Discussion Thread!

I had the feeling Mel C would be on the bottom so I got a point on my predictions.

Olivias has been better than Mel C so Len picked right. Neither deserved to go though 

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

lol haters gonna keep hating :haha:

Olivia was good as usual 😘

Isn’t that the truth?  Haters are so convinced that is one of the worst that nothing can convince them otherwise.  That said, they do like Iman less than her, which I agree with.

10 hours ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

Tonight really minimized my excitement of the season.

We have 4 great weeks of the right eliminations and yet it's gonna turn into another female massacre now as the 4 remaining mediocrity of men continue to be safe.

10 hours ago, *Diana said:

I expect that to happen sadly. I expect Kenya and Olivia to go next. 

Yeah that was to be expected.

We were really lucky with how this season had gone the first 4 weeks and getting it narrowed down to 7 women and 4 men. I really couldn't have seen much of a wider margin there.

9 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I never thought Mel C would be out WEEK 5. 😭

Yeah this still really shocks me. :( 

9 hours ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

Lowkey, I feel like Val's heart is only truly in it when he has someone he think he can get really far with.

He went from Normani's incredible season to Victoria (good, but he knew he wouldn't win with her against Jordan/Lindsey), Nancy (destined to be fodder), Sailor (good but zero fanbase), to Monica (good, but no personality and small fanbase).

He's slightly back to old form with Olivia, but still I think Val only operates at 100% if he sees the trophy/finals as obtainable.

Yeah I agree with all of these comments regarding Val. 

I dooo think his heart was kinda in it with Victoria, but not as much as seasons before it. But yeah I do feel his passion and heart  is much more in it with Olivia.

10 hours ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

How many times can we deal with a good female celebrity getting their chances ruined by Gleb.

Look he's hot, but there are other hot guy pros and he's never proved himself. Even when given someone of Mel's caliber he failed her miserably.

Someone of Mel's talent and fame should've been an easy lock for the semi finals. Imagine if Mel had Pasha, god even that would've been great. 

Can we get Keo back instead of Gleb?

It's also really crazy to believe how he was able to get Chrishell (a weaker dancer, who he gave far weaker/worse choreography for) much further to the Final 8 but then Melanie gets out on Week 5.

Although I know it's not fair to directly compare seasons, with different levels of talent and some seasons are more stacked than others.

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

It's also really crazy to believe how he was able to get Chrishell (a weaker dancer, who he gave far weaker/worse choreography for) much further to the Final 8 but then Melanie gets out on Week 5.

Although I know it's not fair to directly compare seasons, with different levels of talent and some seasons are more stacked than others.

This season's cast is really something else. People are going out at Top 10 that I think could have been finalists on other seasons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linds said:

This season's cast is really something else. People are going out at Top 10 that I think could have been finalists on other seasons. 

Mhmm I know. It's crazy when you think of it like that. 😮 

10 hours ago, .Rei said:

I hope Iman sticks around until the end so I can see Daniella slaying every time. 

It was his best routine so far

I am reading a recap and this sums up about how I feel about Iman:

"he dances like he has both had sex and enjoyed it, which is very much missing from the majority of these awkward theater kid Grease dances."

But yes. I'm also fine with Iman staying because Daniella has the best choreography of the women sans Jenna and Jojo.