The Voice 21 ● The Battles Part 3 ● Discussion

istersay

3 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Still confused why Blake didn’t distribute his team better in the battles Berritt and Kaitlyn were both such easy sacrifices for the rest of his team?? 

Looking at his team, I don't know for whom they could have been viable sacrifices.

Just now, Rodney said:

Looking at his team, I don't know for whom they could have been viable sacrifices.

So fair, but I would’ve at least kept Tommy over them, and if Blake cared to keep Manny, he could’ve sacrificed one of them to him too (although Manny was never going to last on Team Blake).

Just now, idolwatcher_1 said:

Wendy got the vocals, but I do think she needs to immerse herself a bit more into the song (energy-wise), even if it's not something she would normally sing... you gotta try to your best to put yourself in it and stay there until it's over.

hopefully that will happen in Knockouts where she sings alone, she's a powerhouse though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

Kelly should’ve turned for Sabrina in the auditions. I know she said she wanted to keep a lane open for Carolina, but we saw how that played out.

At this point, I think it's just easier to write off Kelly as full of crap and excuses.😒

• Like 1

With Sabrina winning her battle, does anyone remember the last time someone with a montaged audition won their battle in a NON-MONTAGED performance? The only other example I can think of is Eric Lyn from S13. IK a lot of people with montaged auditions win their battles in another montage like Xavier, Katherine Ho, Andrea Thomas, etc. but the occurances like Eric and Sabrina seem super rare and really throw me for a loop.

8 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

With Sabrina winning her battle, does anyone remember the last time someone with a montaged audition won their battle in a NON-MONTAGED performance? The only other example I can think of is Eric Lyn from S13. IK a lot of people with montaged auditions win their battles in another montage like Xavier, Katherine Ho, Andrea Thomas, etc. but the occurances like Eric and Sabrina seem super rare and really throw me for a loop.

There was also Alessandra Castronovo beating Joe Kirk in season seven, as well as Amber vs. Timyra in season three.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

At this point, I think it's just easier to write off Kelly as full of crap and excuses.😒

My uncle is actually Kelly Clarkson and he passed along/leaked to me the info that Kelly's original song choices for BNT/Kinsey and Holly/Wyatt were actually Super Bass and Ice Ice Baby respectively, but unfortunately neither song got cleared :wacko:

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

There was also Alessandra Castronovo beating Joe Kirk in season seven, as well as Amber vs. Timyra in season three.

Oooh yeah, IDK how I forgot Amber/Timyra. I had Timyra as a total favorite to win that season, so her getting sent packing by a montaged 1-chair contestant was probably one of the biggest surprises I've had watching this show.

3 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Kelly should’ve turned for Sabrina in the auditions. I know she said she wanted to keep a lane open for Carolina, but we saw how that played out.

I remember her saying this and just rolling my eyes bc it doesn't even make sense lol.

Portuguese and Spanish are similar but only *barely*

Not to mention Brazilian and Mexican culture (I believe that's what Carolina's background was, right?) are very distinct as well. Not to go Molly Stevens on Kelly but that comment just showed her ignorance/limited perspective/lack of understanding of other cultures. I don't blame her but for me, that comment was a bit cringe.

And ultimately meaningless bc she eliminated Carolina on a Spanish song over a guy who I don't believe speaks Spanish anyway (although that could be wrong)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

I remember her saying this and just rolling my eyes bc it doesn't even make sense lol.

Not to mention Brazilian and Mexican culture (I believe that's what Carolina's background was, right?) are very distinct as well. Not to go Molly Stevens on Kelly but that comment just showed her ignorance/limited perspective/lack of understanding of other cultures. I don't blame her but for me, that comment was a bit cringe.

And ultimately meaningless bc she eliminated Carolina on a Spanish song over a guy who I don't believe speaks Spanish anyway (although that could be wrong)

Case in point.  Much easier to consider her full of crap and excuses.🙄*

*Though I just mean Kelly in the Blinds.  Kelly in every other round is awesome, because she brings out great performances from her team.  But Kelly in the Blinds can be cringeworthy at times.

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Case in point.  Much easier to consider her full of crap and excuses.🙄*

*Though I just mean Kelly in the Blinds.  Kelly in every other round is awesome, because she brings out great performances from her team.  But Kelly in the Blinds can be cringeworthy at times.

Yeah. Love Kelly and she's obviously a fantastic coach, but she has a few blind spots for sure with comments like that :haha:

She's definitely the type that would genuinely love to learn about them more if given the opportunity though!

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Not only that but.... Sabrina and Carolina are so different? Just because they both speak a foreign language doesn't mean they should be grouped into one lane.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I think Kelly grouped Sabrina and Carolina into a similar lane because they are bilingual singers. However, they are obviously different in terms of singing style. Also, the cultures are definitely somewhat different (the extent to which I am not sure as I am still young and learning more about the world), but I agree that lumping different cultures into a similar category due to maybe a few similarities (like the languages associated with those cultures being romance languages) is ethnocentric.

• Like 1