The Challenge: All-Stars 2 (Premieres Nov 11)

Alex95

Challenge-All-Stars-Season-2-Cast.jpg?w=

Women:

Ayanna Mackins (Road Rules: Semester at Sea)

Casey Cooper (The Challenge: Fresh Meat)

Janelle Casanave (Real World: Key West)

Jasmine Reynaud (Real World: Cancun)

Jodi Weatherton (Road Rules: X-Treme)

Jonna Mannion (Real World: Cancun)

Katie Cooley (Road Rules: The Quest)

Kendal Darnell (Road Rules: Campus Crawl)

Leah Gillingwater (Real World: Paris)

Melinda Collins (Real World: Austin)

Sophia Pasquis (Road Rules: The Quest)

Tina Barta (Road Rules: South Pacific)

Men:

Brad Fiorenza (Real World: San Diego)

Cohutta Grindstaff (Real World: Sydney)

Darrell Taylor (Road Rules: Campus Crawl)

Derek Chavez (Real World: Cancun)

Derrick Kosinski (Road Rules: X-Treme)

Laterrian Wallace (Road Rules: Maximum Velocity Tour)

MJ Garrett (Real World: Philadelphia)

Nehemiah Clark (Real World: Austin)

Ryan Kehoe (The Challenge: Fresh Meat)

Steve Meinke (Road Rules: The Quest)

Teck Holmes (Real World: Hawaii)

Tyler Duckworth (Real World: Key West)

With the main show disappointing lately, I'm very excited for the All-Stars spinoff now after a strong first season. Most excited to see Ayanna, Jasmine, Katie, Tina, Cohutta, Nehemiah, and Tyler back! Also happy with Casey, Jonna, Kendal, Leah, Darrell, Laterrian, Steve, and Teck.

• 4 weeks later...

Very fun premiere! It's a shame it's still only 45 mins and not an hour long. I usually don't like cliffhangers, but I'm glad they didn't rush a deliberation and elimination because they took their time reacquainting the audience with the cast. Tina was obviously a STAR. She hasn't missed a beat, her confessionals were gold, loved to see her stand up to TJ, and I'm so glad we finally have uncensored Tina in my life. Unsurprisingly I also adored Ayanna (and I'm so glad we got a flashback to "I SLEPT IN MY UNIFORM LAST NIGHT!!!!! <3333333333). Hoping she can survive this first elimination. But really, I liked this whole cast and episode.

Edited by Alex95

Really fun premiere episode. I agree with a lot of what Alex said. I don't love the cliffhangers but am glad it wasn't rushed for the sake of having an elimination. The cast refreshers were definitely needed as I don't remember a lot of these people.  :haha: 

OMG Tina is reallly something else and was so hilarious. :dead:  She's gonna be fun and interesting to watch here.

Episode 2 really hits you in the feels. What an emotional episode. Poor Derek C losing his sister a day before going out there that's so terrible my hear 💔 for him. And then for him to be the first one out just sucks. Ayanna helping Leah finish the challenge was also a great moment as well. She's a beast and is going to be tough to beat especially in physical competitions. Leah seems like a nice person but if we had to lose a woman then she's one that I'm least attached to so that wasn't the end of the world.

Derrick being super sensitive over his ugly shirt was a bad look and I hope he goes at some point. Seeing a different side of Nehemiah this season is cool I hope he does well going forward.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, QueenKalie said:

Episode 2 really hits you in the feels. What an emotional episode. Poor Derek C losing his sister a day before going out there that's so terrible my hear 💔 for him. And then for him to be the first one out just sucks. Ayanna helping Leah finish the challenge was also a great moment as well. She's a beast and is going to be tough to beat especially in physical competitions. Leah seems like a nice person but if we had to lose a woman then she's one that I'm least attached to so that wasn't the end of the world.

Derrick being super sensitive over his ugly shirt was a bad look and I hope he goes at some point. Seeing a different side of Nehemiah this season is cool I hope he does well going forward.

Ahh yes, I totally agree with you regarding Episode 2. That wsas really super emotional to watch and all with the points you mentioned. I felt so bad for Derek C and his family there, and felt bad he was the first to go. :broken: I didn't want to see Nehemiah go either so it was tough all around. And Ayanna helping Leah finish her challenge was so touching to watch! Loved that! ❤️ 

And oooo lol yes from Episode 3, the Jodi/Tina rivalry is quite fun to watch. :haha: Was kinda sad to see Ryan go, as I wanted to see more of him with his alliance/friendship with Jonna and Jasmine but wasn't meant to be.

I freaking loved today's episode! Beast mode Casey got her first individual daily win! :wub: She took full advantage of it by getting some big name competitors out! The plan that Steve and others came up was well done by getting the lifeshields burned to backdoor Derrick was absolutely fantastic.

Derrick's whole speech at the nomination ceremony was super annoying. As Casey righteously pointed out to Derrick those weren't his life shields as he didn't win them Cohutta and Jodi did.

Nehemiah creating Brad's beard was hilarious. Brad beating Derrick in the elimination was fantastic.

Katie quitting and throwing herself in elimination was disappointing but not surprising. It's hard to be sad that she lost though since she did it to herself by not participating in the trivia challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I was definitely shocked seeing Derrick go out so early. 😮 Those were surprising/unexpected wins from Casey & Steve, but they did some good gameplay to get out a big threat in Derrick so well done to them there.

Agree with QK on the Katie comments. I do feel bad for her with her fear of heights, and that's not something easy to get over. But her against Ayanna, she pretty much stood no chance.

Then it's crazy seeing Casey & Steve flopping on the very next episode. Casey did luck up that Melinda did worse, who I felt really bad for when she talked about the loss of her baby. :( 

I felt bad for Tina going into the elimination and how she took it. But the way she played that challenge (or didn't play, for that matter) was disappointing. Although I understand her comments of not feeling herself and wanting to prevent going to a bad place mentally and such. So in that sense, it was for the best. She did have a fun and memorable run with the short time she was on though.

Then Steve was playing a messy game. Wanting to go against one of your closest allies because he's an ~easy target to beat? I can get that but that's quite lazy, and he should have pitched wanting to go battle against someone else. But I was rooting for and very glad that Teck won that elimination battle.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been commenting much, but I'm still watching and really enjoying it. However, all the women dropping like flies has kinda sucked. Tina quitting, then Kendal getting medevaced, and now Casey's pregnancy. It's completely criminal the amount of women who have been pregnant on this show. Beyond irresponsible on production's part for continuously letting it happen. Congrats to Casey and her fiancee but what the f*ck. And I feel really bad for Cohutta. Why not just do a girls elimination and then the winning girl goes to him like they did last week with the guys? So dumb.

I do love how the alliances turned out this season. It's really split and beyond petty between the two sides :wub:. I love Challenge seasons like this instead of the fake kumbaya bullshit on SLA before I dropped it. I'm not really enjoying the King's Palace (especially Nehemiah who has been heartbreakingly awful this season considering how much I used to stan him) however I think they're necessary villains.

Here's how I would probably rank the top six in rooting interest:

1. Laterrian & Jasmine - Even though I'm rooting against the KP, I still adore Jasmine with all my heart and Laterrian would make for a strong and deserving winner.

2. Teck & Ayanna - Lol pigs will fly before they win, but Ayanna is iconic and Teck is still fun. If they even make the finals I'd consider that a victory.

3. MJ & Jonna - MJ is possibly the most boring human being on the entire cast, but they're this high because I'm absolutely still rooting for Jonna.

4. Darrell & Janelle - They would be fine winners. Not really rooting for them, but wouldn't be upset if they won. I'm glad to see Janelle finally showed a little bit of life this week in her argument with Melinda.

5. Nehemiah & Melinda - Ugh I still can't believe I'm putting Nehemiah this low but he's been really bad this season. I like Melinda, but I'm just not really rooting for the KP in general.

6. Brad & Jodi - I totally expect them to win and it would be deserving. But what a boring ass ending that would be.

A few thoughts from the last few weeks.

Aww I felt bad about the way Kendall had to withdraw from the show. :( That was all so sad to watch. Hopefully she'll be better to compete next season. 

Ayanna in the daily challenge was the funniest thing ever. :dead: 

Congrats to Casey on her pregnancy, but I also agree with all of Alex's comments on this. Production should do a better job with this. I read there have been 4 pregnancies on this show.... how has that happened? I also felt really bad for Cohutta and it was unfair to take him away from the game here. :( Also agree that it should have just been a female elimination and whoever won that would be with him. 

I'm enjoying the season and many of the teams. I'm probably most rooting for Darrell & Janelle to win. But I like all of the teams (or at least one member of each team) so I can live with any of them winning.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh the competition has been intense here. 

Well done to Jonna & MJ on winning the main challenge on last week's episode. I'm meh on MJ but love Jonna, so was happy for her to win!

Also crazy how Nehemiah & Melinda won that elimination, won their life shields which got them to the finale. 😮 Crazy how that worked out for them. Then they win the main challenge on this past week's episode. :dead: Very well done to them as they are winning when it matters most. :yes: It was obvious they were going to protect and bring Teck & Ayanna into the final, so well done to them. Happy for them making it to the final as I was not expecting them to.

I also can't believe how much Brad & Jodi crumbled on that challenge. Brad was a dang mess yanking and breaking those boxes without untying the ropes. WTH? :dead: 

Ah this episode had me really worried for Janelle with her back issues acting up. I thought with that preview she was going to withdraw but props to her on sticking it out. It's great and compassionate of her sticking it out for Darrell. Though that conversation they had of her thinking of dropping out and him being very unsympathetic towards her was super awkward. 🙈 I get that he didn't want to have to withdraw (which ugh he shouldn't but these rules are kinda whack with the partners twist) but he did come off as not caring for her health. I get it on both ends. I'm happy Janelle did stick it out for him but hope she isn't risking her health/back too badly.

Anywho, of course I was still rooting hard for Darrell & Janelle to win the elimination and wow.... that was a tight battle. SO glad they pulled off that win (by 2 pounds!) and are in the final. I'm REALLY shocked Brad & Jodi missed out as they were dominating the season before these last two weeks. Kinda feel bad for them but they were up against one of my favorites so I had to root for them to go.

I do really like the final teams and looking forward to how they all do in the final.

Whew, so glad to see Brad & Jodi go. I thought they had the win locked up so it's gonna be nice to see someone else win. I'm definitely all in on Jonna & MJ right now. I still don't care about MJ at all, but I just stan Jonna so it's okay. Darrell & Janelle would be fine. Not my first choice, but better than the alternatives. Nehemiah & Melinda, meh. Nehemiah has annoyed me this season. Obviously I looooove Ayanna & Teck, but not a chance in hell they're winning lmao.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Whew, so glad to see Brad & Jodi go. I thought they had the win locked up so it's gonna be nice to see someone else win. I'm definitely all in on Jonna & MJ right now. I still don't care about MJ at all, but I just stan Jonna so it's okay. Darrell & Janelle would be fine. Not my first choice, but better than the alternatives. Nehemiah & Melinda, meh. Nehemiah has annoyed me this season. Obviously I looooove Ayanna & Teck, but not a chance in hell they're winning lmao.

This is how I feel except I would lean towards rooting for Nehemiah & Melinda. 

Congrats to MJ & Jonna on winning. I like MJ well enough but he was one of the one I was least invested in of this final 8, so kinda meh there. But I loved Jonna for so long and am so happy for her getting the win this time around. ❤️ She's played an excellent game these past two seasons and really deserved the win. :wub: 

I'm kinda bummed that Darrell & Janelle didn't pull it off as I was rooting for them as an overall team, but happy they got this far and made it to the final regardless.

Nehemiah & Melinda did very well. I get how Nehemiah was kinda annoying/unlikable but I liked their partnership and how they worked together. I was sad to see Teck & Ayanna not finish all the way but happy for them getting to the final at least.

It also felt weird with how short and to-the-point this final was. I'm so used to them being stretched out into multiple episodes. :haha: