Thoughts on Ariana Grande as a coach?

Jordan Smith Fan

Pick one?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Don't Care

Honestly, I haven't seen many interviews but she always showed more personality and wit. Also, pretty weak unconvincing pitches. It also irks me she copies a lot. Did she ever turn before anyone else? I suppose she's just nervous and it makes her seem like a child at the adult table.

It's always nice to see a fresh face on the panel, but even John is way more entertaining than her, and that's saying something. I'm not discounting her just yet though, so I just voted Don't Care, it's the closest to a "neutral" option.

4 hours ago, colemanftw said:

Honestly, I haven't seen many interviews but she always showed more personality and wit. Also, pretty weak unconvincing pitches. It also irks me she copies a lot. Did she ever turn before anyone else? I suppose she's just nervous and it makes her seem like a child at the adult table.

I believe she turned first for Holly (Although it was close) and Katherine 

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think she has made some excellent comments about vocal health, which is something that indeed we dont hear a lot on the show, but indeed its a bit early to judge her as a coach.

Entertainment wise she doesn't do a lot for me though, honestly.

She’s pretty laid back, sort of like John and Alicia. She also doesn’t have the comedic talent Blake, Kelly, and Adam have. I think they should bring Adam back, honestly. 

• Like 2

Just now, TeamAudra said:

She’s pretty laid back, sort of like John and Alicia. She also doesn’t have the comedic talent Blake, Kelly, and Adam have. I think they should bring Adam back, honestly. 

I've watched interviews of her and she displays much more wit that what she has shown on the show. Maybe its because she's just getting started in the red chair. Plus she only recently met Blake and TPTB instructed them to be the rivals. We'll see as the rounds go. 

I do agree that Blake, Kelly and Adam could easily fit in with anyone comedically. Its just their style. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Plus she only recently met Blake and TPTB instructed them to be the rivals.

I think about that a lot lol. They didn't even know each other before the season and all of a sudden they want them to be playful rivals throughout? Taking that into account, I think they0re doing it pretty well tho.

I personally do find her a nice addition. She doesn't bring the entertainment factor, but she definitely makes valuable comments and has had some great pitches so far. Also, the simple fact that these artists are getting so many more views compared to last season (gee I wonder why...) makes it a YAY for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jus.willy said:

So would you’ll say her entertainment level is on the same as gwens? Lol I actually think she’s way more entertaining than Gwen. She’s more humorous definetely. Gwen and Nick are on the same level for me. Ari is just above them. (IMO)

Gwen is entertaining sometimes

So far, my thoughts on her being a coach are positive.  She gives good technical advice, knows a lot about vocal health, and most importantly, when she doesn't turn her chair, she has, so far, only given reasons that actually sound like reasons, not come off like stupid, lame excuses like Kelly and Blake (and sometimes even John).

She's pretty bland entertainment wise. Mostly only turns after someone else turns and when its her turn to talk she gets nervous and unsure and fidgety but when John is talking she always interjects and interupts him. Saw another poster said this and I agree "like a kid at an adults table", and it has nothing to do with their actual ages. She's on the same level as Nick for me. I hardly feel her actual presence at all on the coaching panel (not referring to online fanbase). All her reactions up till now feels very calculated and put on. Coaches comments wise i'll wait for the battle rounds. 

The resident Arianator in here would probably take issue with this 🤣.

Edited by gingerbread
  • Like 1

Love Ariana but I thought she would have a more impactful presence when it comes to the personality/entertainment factor. I'm sure some of its just that she's new and still trying to find her comfort zone as well as learn the ropes of how to play the game. She's not a Kelly who had the out going, bubbly personality to make a splash from day one but I do think she has more than she's shown so far and will hopefully get more comfortable as the season progresses. Looking forward to seeing how she works with her team.