DWTS 30 Week 1 Discussion Thread

*Lily

2 hours ago, Walker359718 said:

But I think this is the first time it's ever happened this early in the season.  And with 15 couples, no less!

IIRC it happened in week 3 of season 5. All the women scored a 26 (there were 3 judges that season) or above while the highest-scoring man scored a 24. Sure, there were less couples total that season, but there were 10 couples in the competition at that point.

Although there's no way Marie Osmond actually deserved a 26, LOL.

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Oh, so they are mentioning that JoJo was on Dance Moms unlike when they completely ignored that bit of info for Kenzie on the Juniors version. :dead: 

3 hours ago, aliasocfan said:

The singer? 

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

You mean professional singer Kenzie Ziegler?

It’s 1am and I’m still thinking about these posts lololololololol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Unsurprisingly, JoJo already has the ire Facebook Moms for both being a ~ringer~ and dancing with a female pro. :rolleyes: 

But also Jojo already having them seething makes me stan her even harder. :wub: 

Sadly, this isn't surprising as I predicted this would happen preseason. :( I see lots of polarizing comments on JoJo on other forums I lurk on.

But I think it's all a mix of what you said, alongside her personality... That makes them against her. :( Def not fair at all but expected.

The good thing is she has a dedicated young fanbase that should come through for her!

Jojo has enough fans that despite the FB comments should carry her through for a long while. I really don't see her being at risk until around semis time... thats when I think it could be tricky and could go either way regarding her making it into finals. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linds said:

Jojo has enough fans that despite the FB comments should carry her through for a long while. I really don't see her being at risk until around semis time... thats when I think it could be tricky and could go either way regarding her making it into finals. 

Yeah, I think that JoJo is safe for awhile.  She should be fine until maybe quarterfinals time, definitely semifinals time, so Amanda, Sola, Akshar and Rei don’t have to worry about losing her in the draft until at least the quarterfinals.

The people who most have to worry about losing someone in the draft are Wallace, Derek, Elliott and Richard.  They have Martin!

Edited by CarmenSandiego

1 hour ago, Linds said:

Yeah, I agree with you on all of this. I think she'll sail through to the Top 7/6, but it could get tricky after that.

Quick thoughts :

• Lots of surprising routines, this week. My favourites were Amanda, Suni, Cody, and Miz.
  • I did enjoy Jojo, one of my favourite celeb, but I felt their routine was a bit too much solo time :ph34rwave:
  • Iman was surprising but that score from Carrie-Ann was no.
  • Matt James can go anytime. 

6 hours ago, *Amanda said:

JoJo & Jenna’s dance has already surpassed 1 million views on YouTube. :omg: 

That's amazing, I think the whole same-sex pairing for the first time was getting it a lot of attention and views. It's currently trending on YouTube. Suni and Sasha's dance was also trending on YouTube yesterday as well 

4 hours ago, Linds said:

That's amazing, I think the whole same-sex pairing for the first time was getting it a lot of attention and views. It's currently trending on YouTube. Suni and Sasha's dance was also trending on YouTube yesterday as well 

Glad to hear that Suni & Sasha’s dance was also trending on YouTube.

11 hours ago, *Amanda said:

JoJo & Jenna’s dance has already surpassed 1 million views on YouTube. :omg: 

I just saw that earlier today! That is super impressive, in less than 2 days! :omg:

9 hours ago, *Lily said:

Iman’s dance is kinda blowing up on Twitter too! 2M views so far. :omg: Daniella’s premiere dances going viral two seasons in a row :wub:

Ooh wow, 2 million views on Twitter? That's crazy impressive. 😮

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Lol I'm watching the episode rn and SCREAMING at Martin just walking onto the dance floor and monologuing before "dancing" :wub:. Between that and his random preppy lewk in his intro package with his sweater tied around his neck......I'm absolutely stanning.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️ 2Ci4RJ1.png❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️

:dead:

On 9/20/2021 at 10:13 PM, *Diana said:

yet these same people have zero problem with Cody of freaking course. :rolleyes: 

I think their problem lies with is that they are homophobic because these are probably the same people who bought their kids JoJo's merch and know they mad because she is living her truth

let them stay mad lol

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 3:28 PM, goofycilla90 said:

I think their problem lies with is that they are homophobic because these are probably the same people who bought their kids JoJo's merch and know they mad because she is living her truth

let them stay mad lol

Cody is openly gay???

The male ringers have never faced the same backlash the female ringers do.

Except for Scherzy escaping unscathed. :/

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

Except for Scherzy escaping unscathed. :/

It was truly bizarre that everyone was screaming “RINGER” for Evan but ignoring Nicole’s very obvious dance experience that season. :dead: 

Or maybe I’m just having flashbacks to p*re’s Derek stanning making them hate Evan all season long and gloss over Nicole’s dance experience when they’re so quick to call out the female ringers who get partnered with the Chmerkovskiy brothers. 🙂 

Edited by *Amanda