"DAMN STRAIT"

drdeb

We know several of the songs on ST are not really radio-friendly.....The Waiter, It'll Grow on Ya, How Ya  Doin' Up There, etc .  However, to me that's a sign that Scotty doesn't pick songs simply because some radio executives and polling organizations will find them "worthy."  He believes in them.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

Also, I wouldn't necessarily worry about Scotty having the most adds on the 1st week of add date. Of course, that would be great if he is the most added! But I don't think any of his #1 single's were most added on the 1st week. Deb, can tell me if I'm wrong. Of course, there needs to be a significant #. I think Scotty's usually had 20+ adds on add day & usually Top 3 most added. Like Deb has said, it's not how you start, but how you finish.

This.

ADD History w/Triple Tigers*

• You Time:             28 initial adds (10.12.20) ... #3 behind Luke Combs and Sam Hunt; tied with Riley Green who peaked in the 40s
  • In Between:          35 initial adds (4.1.19)  ... #3 behind Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan
  • This Is It:                  31 initial adds (5.7.18)   ... #3 behind Jordan Davis (hit #1)  and Granger Smith (peaked at #34)
  • 5 More Minutes:   self-released to radio on 5.5.17 (5MM didn't have a formal impact date)

*And frankly, his history was no different with UMG.

BL. As is true with his albums, it's not where Scotty begins that counts, it's where he ends up.  And with the singles listed above, he ended up at #1 😉

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ottawa1946 said:

I realize that Monday Morning Intel is not the top Call out survey but yesterday's edition has You Time still at #4 on the MMI- Country Callout.

But what I liked the most is that Damn Strait is #1 on the MMI- Future Tracks list. And a huge surprise on that same Future Track list at #30 is How Ya Doin’ Up There. Somewhere in this hemisphere this gorgeous song is being recognized as a potential future track. Not sure whether it is radio friendly but still nice to be on the list.

http://mondaymorningintel.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/64.-MMI-country-Issue64-10-11-21.pdf

And YOU TIME is currently ranked #3 on the National Callout survey -- well above all of the (supposed) A-listers and trailing only Lee Brice and Ryan Hurd/Maren Morris!

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ottawa1946 said:

I realize that Monday Morning Intel is not the top Call out survey but yesterday's edition has You Time still at #4 on the MMI- Country Callout.

But what I liked the most is that Damn Strait is #1 on the MMI- Future Tracks list. And a huge surprise on that same Future Track list at #30 is How Ya Doin’ Up There. Somewhere in this hemisphere this gorgeous song is being recognized as a potential future track. Not sure whether it is radio friendly but still nice to be on the list.

http://mondaymorningintel.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/64.-MMI-country-Issue64-10-11-21.pdf

How Ya Doin Up There is definitely one of my favorites.  It may not make a single, but I love it. 

• Like 5

On All Access, there is a write-up of the single. Here's what is written:

Scotty McCreery "Damn Strait"

A straight-up homage to King George comes cleverly packaged as a breakup song in Scotty McCreery’s new single, “Damn Strait.” The very first line is a George Strait song title, “Nobody In His Right Mind Would’ve Left Her,” and the lyrics go on to weave four more Strait songs into the narrative (“Marina del Rey,” “Baby Blue,” “Blue Clear Sky” and “Give It Away”). The song’s narrator details all the ways Strait’s music was integral to a now failed romance, then gently lashes out at his musical hero in the chorus, singing, “Damn Strait, I used to love your songs / But now every time that one comes on / My heart gets broke in half / But do I wish I could get her back? / Damn Strait.” Written by Trent Tomlinson and Jim Collins, the song comes on the heels of McCreery’s fourth consecutive #1 hit, and has all the makings of a fifth. “Every now and then you hear a song that sounds so much like you,” said McCreery, who recalls a show with Strait, Reba McEntire and Lee Ann Womack as not only the first Country concert he ever attended, but the one that inspired him to pursue a Country music career. “I grew up as a huge George Strait fan, and when I heard this song, I raised my hand to say, ‘I want this one.’ Every Country fan has a George Strait story, and everyone has a memory attached to their favorite songs.” Damn Strait they do!
Impacting: Monday, October, 18th
By: Phyllis Stark

• Like 2

Here are the early adds currently:

Rank    Artist / Album    Label    TW Adds   
1    MIRANDA LAMBERT If I Was A Cowboy    RCA Nashville    3   
2    SCOTTY MCCREERY Damn Strait    Triple Tigers    2   
3    MORGAN WADE Wilder Days    Arista Nashville    1   
4    LUKE BRYAN Up    Capitol Nashville    1   
5    JUSTIN MOORE With A Woman You Love    Valory    1   
6    DYLAN SCOTT New Truck    Curb    1   
7    CONNER SMITH Learn From It    Valory    1   
8    CHRIS JANSON Bye Mom    Warner/WAR    1   
9    CHASE RICE If I Were Rock & Roll    Dack Janiels/Broken Bow    1  

FYI: Besides Scotty, on Mon. new singles from Justin Moore, Chase Rice, Cody Johnson, & now Miranda Lambert (just announced) will be going for adds.

• Like 3

For the love of God, there are 52 weeks in a year and Scotty, who releases 1 single per year (if he's lucky), always has to have an ADD day on the same date as multiple A listers. 

In addition to Miranda Lambert, Chase Rice, Justin Moore and Cody Johnson, now Kelly Clarkson & Chris Stapleton are releasing a Christmas song which impacts Monday on Country radio. 

To add insult to injury, the following week (10/25) has nobody going for Adds on Mediabase and 2 unknown artists on Billboard. WTH

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ottawa1946 said:

For the love of God, there are 52 weeks in a year and Scotty, who releases 1 single per year (if he's lucky), always has to have an ADD day on the same date as multiple A listers. 

In addition to Miranda Lambert, Chase Rice, Justin Moore and Cody Johnson, now Kelly Clarkson & Chris Stapleton are releasing a Christmas song which impacts Monday on Country radio. 

To add insult to injury, the following week (10/25) has nobody going for Adds on Mediabase and 2 unknown artists on Billboard. WTH

Amen.  It might take a few weeks to get significant #s of adds. 

1 hour ago, sinycalone said:

I assume stations can add more than one song each week...so we just have to hope DS is the second choice for a lot of them...after Miranda, lol.

Depending on the station, usually stations have 2-4 adds a week. It's rare to have stations add more than that. They would just wait until the next week to add another song. 

Edited by ptebwwong

REMINDER:

ADD History w/Triple Tigers*

• You Time:              28 initial adds (10.12.20) ... #3 behind Luke Combs and Sam Hunt; tied with Riley Green who peaked in the 40s
  • In Between:           35 initial adds (4.1.19)  ... #3 behind Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan
  • This Is It:                   31 initial adds (5.7.18)   ... #3 behind Jordan Davis (hit #1)  and Granger Smith (peaked at #34)
  •  5 More Minutes:   self-released to radio on 5.5.17 (5MM didn't have a formal impact date)

And oh by the way, Garth Brooks, Kane Brown, Old Dominion, LBT, Brantley Gilbert, Chris Janson and on and on had singles that impacted radio around the same time as You Time and all received more initial adds.  Guess what, NONE of their singles hit #1; in fact, most didn't even hit Top 20 -- it's all about the song and the team babeee! 

BL. It's not where Scotty begins that counts, it's where he ends up.  And with the singles listed above, he ended up at #1 -- prayers up that Damn Strait hits #1 as well!

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 1

I would like to add even though Chris Stapleton & Kelly are A-listers I'm skeptical a Christmas song would do well on radio this early. In recent years, Christmas songs don't get played often until Dec. & I could see the song take off then.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, drdeb said:

UPDATE/ 10.12.21

Spotify  ...   630,723 streams (+13,508) 👏 

Pandora ... 429,477 streams (+111,370) -- won't update again until next Monday!

YouTube... 301,236 views (+8,957)  ... 300K babeee! 👏

iTunes ... #176 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPINCREASE chart

Woohoo, Damn Strait made the Mediabase Spincrease chart again this morning!

SCOTTY MCCREERY    Damn Strait    87 'move' (+5)   20 stations (+3) ... and DS doesn't officially impact until next Monday (10/18) :thumbsup:

Starters (for Damn Strait)

Station Market Format TW lw Move ovn am mid pm eve Aud
WPCV-FM Lakeland Country 9   9 3   2 2 2 0.026
WOGK-FM Gainesville Country 6   6 4   1   1 0.008
WQHK-FM Ft. Wayne, IN Country 2   2 2         0.001

WPCV Lakeland/3.0, WOGK Gainesville/2.8 and WQHK Ft Wayne/2.8

Leaders (for Damn Strait)

Station Market Format TW lw Move ovn am mid pm eve Aud
KBEQ-FM Kansas City Country 20 17 3 6 1 5 2 6 0.066
KILT-FM Houston Country 19 11 8 6 4 1 2 6 0.131
WQDR-FM Raleigh Country 16 17 -1 7   5 1 3 0.054
WCYQ-FM Knoxville Country 12 3 9 8       4 0.011
WPCV-FM Lakeland Country 9   9 3   2 2 2 0.026

KBEQ Kansas City/3.1 , WQDR Raleigh/3.5, KILT Houston/7.0, and WCYQ Knoxville/2.4

ADDS

KWBL-FM Denver / 2.7

WCYQ-FM Knoxville / 2.4

WOGK-FM Gainesville / 2.8

Total:  4 stations

ds_aamasthead.jpg

UPDATE/ 10.17.21

Spotify  ...   715,918 streams (+85,195)  ... big time move for a song that hasn't even impacted yet -- 700K babeee! 👏

Pandora ... 519,714 streams (+16,322) -- won't update again until next Monday!

YouTube... 334,023 views (+32,787)  ... 300K babeee! 👏

iTunes ...   #105 👏

Between Spotify and YouTube (only 1/3 of the streaming universe), Damn Strait has already acquired over ONE MILLION audio/video streams -- 1,049,941 to be exact! 🎉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPINCREASE chart

SCOTTY MCCREERY    Damn Strait    79 'move' (+8)   25 stations (+1) ... both moves and stations are increasing in advance of tomorrow's impact day! :thumbsup:

Starters 

Happy to see KRTY San Jose join the list!!!

Note:  For some reason, this site is now removing Mediabase charts 😡

Leaders 

While KBEQ, WCYQ and QDR are abit annoying, Lakeland and the other 7 stations are posting great numbers moving into tomorrow!

Note:  For some reason, this site is now removing Mediabase charts 😡

WPCV Lakeland/3.0, KILT Houston/7.0, WOGK Gainesville/2.8, KBEQ Kansas City/3.1 , WCYQ Knoxville/2.4, WQDR Raleigh/3.5, KMLE Phoenix/4.2, WQHK Ft Wayne/2.8, KUBL SLC/2.8, and WTGE Baton Rouge/1.8

ADDS

KILT-FM Houston / 7.0

KWBL-FM Denver / 2.7

WCYQ-FM Knoxville / 2.4

WOGK-FM Gainesville / 2.8

Total:  4 stations

ds_aamasthead.jpg

Edited by drdeb

DAMN STRAIT / 10.18.21

MEDIABASE

Prayers up for a solid beginning to another successful chart run -- 5th consecutive #1?! 📈🙏

Early 'impact' adds (Hits Daily Double):

Country
hitsdd_photo_gal_39686_photo_1818562532.png
  Rank Artist / Album Label TW Adds   
  1 MIRANDA LAMBERT
If I Was A Cowboy
RCA Nashville 5   
  2 CHASE RICE
If I Were Rock & Roll
Dack Janiels/Broken Bow 3   
  3 SCOTTY MCCREERY
Damn Strait
Triple Tigers 3   
  4 JUSTIN MOORE
With A Woman You Love
Valory 2   
  5 MORGAN WADE
Wilder Days
Arista Nashville 1   
  6 LUKE BRYAN
Up
Capitol Nashville 1   
  7 DYLAN SCOTT
New Truck
Curb 1   
  8 CONNER SMITH
Learn From It
Valory 1   
  9 CODY JOHNSON
Til You Can't
CoJo/Warner/WMN 1   
  10 CHRIS JANSON
Bye Mom
Warner/WAR 1

SPINCREASE chart

SCOTTY MCCREERY    Damn Strait    72 'move' (-7)   29 stations (+4) ... Even though QDR and Kansas City are dropping spins, Scotty's stations continue to increase! 👏

**I'll post leaders and starters tomorrow!

------------------------------

Spotify (updated daily)

730,505 (+14,587) ... :thumbsup:
Reminder:  It's all about streaming and Spotify is the largest streamer in music with a consistent 32% share of the market.  The other 68% (Apple, Amazon et al) don't publicly post their artist-specific numbers; fortunately, Pandora does (via a subscription service). And even though Pandora streams don't count for RIAA purposes, they can provide us with a  'window' into what's happening behind the  'Apple/Amazon/Other' curtain. 

Pandora

Oct 4 - Oct 11 (updated weekly)

519,714 streams (+16,322)  ...  :thumbsup:

-----------------------------

YouTube

TOTAL views  

Lyric video (9.23.20):   339,192  views (+5,169) ... :thumbsup:

-----------------------------

iTunes 

Top 200 Country:

Damn Strait  #79... 👏

You Time   #85 

------------------------------

And just in case you missed it . . . 

Check you listings for tomorrow!

And even the UK is excited about Scotty's new single!

Edited by drdeb

Add Update:

Country
hitsdd_photo_gal_39686_photo_1818562532.png
  Rank Artist / Album Label TW Adds   
  1 MIRANDA LAMBERT
If I Was A Cowboy
RCA Nashville 10   
  2 SCOTTY MCCREERY
Damn Strait
Triple Tigers   
  3 CHASE RICE