SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 6 - Rei's posted)

Hettie Leroy (NL3)

Hettie is a modern dancer that was on Netherlands 3rd season and placed on the Top 8. I honestly didn’t want to cut her and deliberately left her off my nominations list, but of this group she is the one I have the least attachment too. She started the season as Floris’ partner and together they danced a series of great routines including a Jazz, Modern, Hip-hop and Waltz. Together, they provided their diversity and were one of the best couples the show has had. Once they separated, Hettie danced a hip-hop with Lorenzo at the Top 10 and a Modern with Eldrick at the Top 8. I liked both routines and remembered being quite shocked when she was eliminated at the Top 8. I know Megan likes her so I feel bad cutting her but Rei’s nominations left me with very few options.

Save: Twitch

Annemiek Suijkerbuijk

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&quality=0.8

Annemiek is a dancer from the first season of So You Think You Can Dance: Belgium and the Netherlands, who made it to third place behind the top two of Timor Steffens and Ivan Paulovich. In the semi-finals, she was partnered with Timor, and the two of them danced several good routines with one another. They were also the only couple to never be a part of the DFYL round, and Annemiek actually made it all the way to the Top 6 before she landed in danger. In the finale, she ended up placing third, as I said before.

SAVE: Nick Young

Alastair Postlethwaite

Out of all the nominees, Alastair is the easiest to cut for me as I find the UK seasons the weakest and therefore don’t have any huge attachments to the dancers. Alastair was my favorite guy though, and benefited from being partnered with my favorite overall, Mandy. I thought that they were by far the best partnership of that season. My favorite dance of theirs was the obligatory “Fix You” Contemporary that each version seems to have. It’s a really beautiful routine. He was eliminated at top 6 on the show and now he’s eliminated from this Rankdown.

SAVE: Arassay Reyes

• Like 1

59b1f0af5832f_m.jpg
MATTHEW MARR

Matthew Marr was a Contemporary dancer who appeared on the fourth season of the Canadian franchise. Why don’t I remember him and he even made the finale? Probably because he wasn’t Adam LoDaddy. He seemed to have sailed to the finale too. I don’t know what to write because he must’ve been invisible! He can’t have been one of my favourites since Adam, Melissa, Boneless, Geisha, Shane and Denitsa were all on there. I’ll add a couple of videos to rewatch once this has posted. That adds words, right? I’ve just watched them and no thank you.

Saving Jordan Casanova

R.0c15f2e21c8a51ca16f8accb311b8152?rik=I

Ashley Galvan

I have been watching Yellowjackets since Thanksgiving and it now consumes like 90% of my brainspace. So this write-up is gonna be a little weird. Like Jackie from Yellowjackets, Ashley Galvan didn't really bring anything to the table in Season 7 of SYTYCD. Off the top of my head I cannot think of one routine she did, much like I can't think of one thing Jackie brings to surviving in the Canadian wilderness. When we think about it, isn't Season 7 almost like Yellowjackets. Where we have the young teens competing against each other to become Antler Queen America's Favorite Dancer and the older former contestants as All-Stars almost like future versions of Season 7 players. Some of Season 7 major players would then appear in later seasons as All-Stars of their own. And while there are no power couple lesbians either in the youth cast or the All-Star elders, there are PLENTY of closeted gay men! THE PARALLELS ARE THERE (and you know with Sasha in Season 8, maybe that would be a MUCH MORE APT comparison but you know).

Anyway, Ashley Galvan, the Jackie of Season 7, inexplicably well-liked for no discernible reason. In an INJURY plagued season 7 (much like the CONSTANT injuries characters face while surviving the wilderness in Yellowjackets), Ashley was one of the ones who fell perhaps earlier than her time. Anyway, her most memorable routine was a vaguely "ninja" inspired hip-hop with Dominic which landed her in the bottom 2 the week before she was eliminated. Like Yellowjackets where the characters constantly wonder what their lives would be like if their plane had never crashed, we the audience in this forum are left to wonder what Season 7 would have been like if there hadn't been so many injuries.

Saving: Melanie Moore