SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

19 hours ago, Zoey said:

Audrey-Case-Feet-3926260.jpg

AUDREY CASE | SYTYCD US9

Audrey Case is a Jazz dancer from the ninth season of So You Think You Can Dance and quite possibly the most overrated dancer to ever make tenth place. This board loved her and I will never understand why. :whut: Her mediocre and forgettable partnership with Matthew let them sail through the first few weeks without hitting the bottom three. The generic contemporary by Travis and messy Jazz.. safe? Thank the lord that America saw them butcher “Time” and the judges did the correct thing by cutting Matthew. Audrey then got a partner who was ten times the dancer she was and she failed miserably. The only time I will ever thank tWitch. I found Audrey to be the least exciting Jazz dancer to be on the show in however many seasons. I don’t think she’s anyones main favourite who’s active on this forum any more so I’m good cutting her here.

• Thanks 1

garland_carlos_headshot2_ss.jpg?itok=ywO
CARLOS GARLAND | SYTYCD US10

Carlos Garland is a Contemporary dancer who participated in the tenth season of So You Think You Can Dance US. Carlos didn’t really leave any lasting impression due to only lasting three weeks. He danced a Contemporary routine with Hayley and Malece in the showcase. It was probably his best dance whilst on the show. He was able to show what he could do without getting held back by a basic dancer.. Mariah. He was good in his Jive and by far the better of the two. His Contemporary was decent but I hated the song so I never really remember it. I think he could’ve done well had he been partnered with someone good but he didn’t have the luck of the draw. He’s done well to make it this far! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, *Diana said:

Victor Smalley
images.jpg

Meh is all I have to say about Victor so that makes for a pretty easy cut. He is a Contemporary dancer.  Hey see I can cut Contemporary dancers.. this is like my thirr one I have cut. I am growing! He danced during sixth season of So You Think You Can Dance. He did pretty well placing in the 6th place..good for him nothing he did did is very rememberable  to me so that makes me an easy cut to make make. 

SAVING: Ashley Galvan

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:40 AM, Deeee said:
CHANNING COOKE (US 6, CONTEMPORARY, FOURTEENTH)

Chan_1.jpg

I am curious to see if people like Channing that are both childhood friends and Shaping Sound colleagues of Travis + Nick will speak on the recently revealed acts of abuse. I find it irresponsible, horrible, and complicit at best to not come forward and provide support for the victims in the form of substantiated claims. Channing and others that close must know something. I just hope they all do the right thing.

Rant aside, Channing is a Hawaii native who joined the cast of SYTYCD6. A gorgeous Contemporary dancer, Channing was definitely the superb comp kid archetype. Except she was genuinely boring and uninteresting compared to the likes of Ellenore, Kathryn, Ashleigh (at the time), Noelle, and Karen. She found herself in a partnership with tap dancer Phillip Attmore for the first two weeks of the competition. Due to the weird voting style of the first two weeks of the season, Channing unjustifiably survived the bottom despite producing two of the worst routines of all-time. Her Jive and Samba routines are actual car wrecks happening in front of your eyes. Particularly the Samba. Clearly Phillip was to blame for most of the disasters, but not like Channing did anything worthy of safety in either dance. At Top 16, she is partnered with Victor and her time in the competition finally improves. Her first dance with Victor is a good Contemporary routine. The dance is a bit un-memorable in the grand scheme of things, but that can just be chalked up to the fact that Channing was really young and boring at the time. She lacked any star quality whatsoever. Her final dance of the season is her Tyce Diorio Jazz to “Blackbird,” which turns out to be her finest piece in the competition. However, front runners and fan favorites had already been established by this point, and Channing was a failure to launch. She was eliminated after her first trip to the bottom, ending up in fourteenth place. 

Could Mollee have been eliminated instead that week? Definitely. But Mollee is now a gay icon, so we have to stan her and accept that Channing was boring anyways?

SAVING: Bailey Muñoz

• Thanks 1

Lara Smythe

Lara+Smythe+Photo.jpeg

Sorry to any Lara fans, but I tried to get her cut in the auditions round and she wasn't at the expense of one of my faves who I was trying to push through (luckily, she was saved thanks to the twist at the end ❤️ ) but still, Lara...was okay? She didn't really do much to stand out to me during CA1's first 5 weeks against Lisa, Vincent, Nico, Arassay, Allie & Natalli. She was partnered with Miles for her time on the show. Their Disco was fun and probably their best routine. Their Viennese Waltz was forgettable, their Krump was how you'd expect a Krump on this show to go over, their Swing not very good and their Foxtrot was another forgettable routine. Basically, she didn't have any routines that I'd consider ~moments~ or were huge standouts for me. She was just kinda there and never really impressed me TBH. Again, sorry to her fans, but she's up against quite a few dancers who I think deserve saves more so I am cutting her here.

SAVING: Arassay Reyes

• Like 2

Ben Veitch

IMG_0316_400x400.JPG

#OOPS at all of us dropping the ball during the last round of nominations. :dead: We're really coming for the 90's TV Show rankdown's record for number of missed deadlines. :giggle: Anyway, I like Ben but I'm okay with this cut. Ben was on Australia 2 and made the Top 4. I really liked his partnership with Pania, especially their gorgeous "Walk On By" Rumba which I feel is often overlooked when it comes to routines from this season. His other highlight week was when he was partnered with Talia and had two great routines with the Quickstep/Samba Fusion and Hip-Hop. But he was probably my least favorite of that top 6, so. I definitely would've had BJ in the finale over him. He had some good moments but then he had a handful of routines that I didn't care for. I can't find his Rumba with Pania which is what I really wanted to post, but here's his fusion with Talia.

Save whoever Derek told me to. :dead: 

• Thanks 1

Shavar Blackwood

Shavar+Headshot.JPG

Sorry Shavar, Emily James apparently was not allowed to be nominated, so I guess I am having to change my cut. Shavar is someone I at least remember, I believe he was part of Canada. Looking at wiki, he was part of season 3, he made it to top 14, and he was a hip hop dancer from Toronto, Ontario. So weird, I thought he was a contemporary dancer. I honestly do not remember any routines he did, so this is not a loss for me unfortunately. Congrats to him on making it this far, but not sure how he did.

Save Thayne Jasperson

Edited by JC

d15b5c_7715d1971264daa76b0a405912963b7a.

Danielle Gardner

Danielle was a contestant on the third Canadian season. She was originally paired with Sebastian and they were a partnership that consisted of entirely limbs. She made it all the WAY TO TOP 8. WTF. THAT'S TWO WEEKS MORE THAN CLAUDIA. CANADA 3 A FAIL SEASON (except for Denys and Amanda and Janick). I assume her highlights were her contemporary routines with Sebastian, Edgar, and Jeff but I don't remember them. I mostly remember being underwhelmed. She had a Luther Brown hip-hop with Sebastian that for my sake I am not going to rewatch but I just know in my heart and soul that it was tragically and comically bad. I tried to find her on instagram to see what she is doing but I didn't put in enough effort so IDK. Oh she has a website let's see. Okay well she needs to update her website because she's no longer Danielle Gardner but Danielle Harvey so when I searched for her IG it didn't show up but thankfully I am resourceful. It's private. But she does look like she still does dance stuff. I am not requesting to follow her.

Saving: Jessica Prince I guess