SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Gaby Diaz

GabyDiaz1.png

She is the one left that I can do an easy writeup for, surprised she has not been saved yet especially against a group of mostly fodder/internationals, but I never connected with her either so I guess it makes sense. Gaby won one of the seasons that I did not care for, and probably the one that I had the least connection to. The only cool thing about her win was that she was the first "tapper" to win SYTYCD. So congrats to her on that. Gaby also came back to become a "coach/mentor" and won that too because she just happened to choose the right dancer who won. So I guess that made people think she was somehow better since she "won" twice. I do not think she is a bad dancer, but probably a bit overrated, so I do not have an issue with losing her here. Perhaps there will be a bringback for her, but seems like she is not a top priority for anyone.

Save Redouan

Choreo Melanie

• Confused 2

Aleksandra Borkowska

Aleksandra was the Runner-Up on the 9th season of the Polish version of the show. She was a jazz dancer. The season only had a Top 14 that year and followed US12’s Stage vs Street format, with Aleksandra being from Team Stage.

At the Top 14 she was paired with hip hop dancer Nader. They did a Contemporary Breaking number to a song from the truly transphobic movie, Danish Girl, and were safe.

In Week 2, she was paired with contemporary dancer and eventual winner Stefano. The two of them danced a Jazz to Zayn’s “Pillowtalk” and were safe.

In Week 3, she danced a Salsa with hip hop dancer Joachim. The two of them were on the Bottom 2, but she was saved after her solo to Beyoncé’s “I Was Here”.

In Week 4, she danced a Jazz group number with her fellow stage dancers (Stefano and Anna) to Sia’s cover of “California Dreamin’” then danced another jazz routine with Joachim and this time they were safe.

In Week 5, the show brought back alum from the previous 8 seasons of the show. Aleksandra danced with Season 7 winner and contemporary dancer Brian Poniatowski, who also choreographed their routine. This is the routine I’ve copied above and was probably my favourite of hers. Aleksandra was safe after it and made the final 4.

At the Top 4, she danced a contemporary routine with Hanna and a Commercial Routine with Joachim, both of whom were eliminated but she made the Final 2 with Stefano.

In the finale, Aleksandra and Stefano danced together and then Anna danced with Bartosz, who was eliminated earlier in the season. Which felt a little unfair since Stefano got to dance with Klaudia who was clearly the better dancer. They both then danced solos before Stefano was crowned the winner.

I don’t really feel bad cutting Anna here because I like Nicole and Sigourney more but Anna was a fine dancer, I just don’t have much of an emotional attachment to her.

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 2 - JC's turn)

Alisa Floryńska

Anna Matlewska

Bethany Rose Harrison

Cheroney Pelupessy

Denden Karadeniz

Edgar Gilbert-Reyes

Edson Juarez

Fabian Weijdema

Fabio Carcieri

Francis Lafrenière

Frederic De Smet

Gianne Abbott

Henry Byalikov

Katee Shean

Kieran McMahon

Klaudia Sadlo

Lee Crowley

Lorenzo van Velzen Bottazi

Morgane Ribbens

Natalia Gap

Penny Higgs

Raquel Tijsterman

Sedrig Verwoert

Stéphanie Evenepoel

Fabio Carcieri

Clad-Df-RWIAADU-r.jpg

Ugg this is a sad cut for me but this is getting harder and harder to make

I chose Fabio because he is someone I am not super attached to. I don't know all these rounds are getting harder and harder as we are limited in dancers. I have attached a dance I really enjoyed during his time on the show. This ends his time on this rankdown though sadly. 

Saving Katee Shean 
Choreography Morgane Ribbens

Edited by *Diana