SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Well her Quickstep with Michael is there. It's her second routine with Michael and her finale routines with Michael and Evelien. 

THE TERRIBLE TANGO. EXCUSE ME ANGELO WAS GOOD. (Ignore Evelien. In well about everything). 

Okay the "You're Beautiful" Jazz with Michale and the Rumba with Michael are must-see routines. Her Jazz with Evelien is meh because of...Evelien.

Of course Angelo was good!!! But the whole routine is brought down by the very mediocre Evelien!

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Well, of course better than the US considering that the US franchise set the bar in hell. LOL. Every bad Benelux season feels bad to me because of the poor state of Ballroom, but that could just be a Koen & Roemjana issue. :dead:

I think it's largely because Koen/Roemjana choreograph what they are going to choreograph no matter the dancers involved and if you can't cut it they will make you cry. But I think it's also just the lack of choreographers as well. So if Isabelle is having an off-season (before they brought in Min Hee) then that's kind of it for Modern. Same with hip-hop. And Ballroom. 

Just now, totes4totes said:

I think it's largely because Koen/Roemjana choreograph what they are going to choreograph no matter the dancers involved and if you can't cut it they will make you cry. But I think it's also just the lack of choreographers as well. So if Isabelle is having an off-season (before they brought in Min Hee) then that's kind of it for Modern. Same with hip-hop. And Ballroom. 

Koen/Roemjana really did make these dancers cry though lol. Yeah I feel like the last two seasons of Benelux tried to expand the choreography pool, but you bring up a good point.

Melanie was probably my favorite of CA2 in the sense that I was most excited to see her routines and was rooting for her hardest. But I think she struggled to have breakout routines. But that's okay, there was still Jayme Rae and Kim as backups. And then we got that winner.

9 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Koen/Roemjana really did make these dancers cry though lol. Yeah I feel like the last two seasons of Benelux tried to expand the choreography pool, but you bring up a good point.

The Enora Oplinus meltdown lead to a great rumba. SO IT WORKS. LOL.

But they don't do like Tony/Melanie where they would make it all very basic. And they don't have Jean-Marc Genereux as head judge to try and entice more ballroom dancers on the show. I mean. There were like single hand number of Ballroom dancers across 7 seasons I feel.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Melanie was probably my favorite of CA2 in the sense that I was most excited to see her routines and was rooting for her hardest. But I think she struggled to have breakout routines. But that's okay, there was still Jayme Rae and Kim as backups. And then we got that winner.

Taking Chances, Buck n' Roll, Turnin Me On, Glory Box, Conquest, and The Scientist would like a word.

Innocence is still a god-tier solo as well!!!!

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

The Enora Oplinus meltdown lead to a great rumba. SO IT WORKS. LOL.

But they don't do like Tony/Melanie where they would make it all very basic. And they don't have Jean-Marc Genereux as head judge to try and entice more ballroom dancers on the show. I mean. There were like single hand number of Ballroom dancers across 7 seasons I feel.

Enora Oplinus the hottest and most emotional Benelux dancer ever? ABSOLUTELY.

I can count eight total.