@jarmon - 10/15

@PandorasBox - 10/15

@taylorkat - 11/15

@*Amanda - 12/15

@*Diana - 12/15

@Erestor - 12/15

SOLA

Victoria Woghiren

Victoria was a spit-fire and she was the reason Big Brother Canada Season 9 had as dynamic of a pre-jury phase that it did.  She is one of the most exciting players I have seen in a long time.  Were all of her moves good?  Heck no, but Spicy V kept the house and the audience on their toes every week.  She started keeping things real right from the first week.  She was safe week 1 and week 2, so this allowed her to get into many peoples good graces.  In Week 3 she won head of household and took out LaToya.  Probably a smart move for her, but Latoya was pretty popular at the time so there were mixed reactions.  In week 5 she won the invisible head of household competition and used it to take out Austin.  She should have used it to clip someone else but hey she thought she could go back to working with Tychon and Jedson after that week.  She was evicted the following week as the first member of the jury.  Too bad she went out under Beth, who know one cared about.  Here is hoping we get to see her in another season, since she one of the more interesting modern players.

ALEX

Victoria Woghiren

I've already written too many novels and I'm not even halfway through so I'm gonna try to keep this one short since Victoria was just the first juror on the most recent season :dead:. At first glance, Victoria making the end here seems like recency bias, but I think her spot in the end here is 100% justified. Victoria is the dream houseguest of Big Brother. She is the houseguest we have been waiting on for years. Victoria plays hard, sometimes to her own detriment, and is not afraid to get messy. Victoria is not someone I would ever want to play the game with, but she's someone I'd want to watch on my tv every season.

Victoria found herself on the outs pretty quickly. She bffed up with Julie and when Latoya flipped the first vote against her, everyone besides Victoria correctly voted to evict her. The same thing almost happened week two, the vote against Josh nearly flipped onto Rohan and Victoria was on the sides of this madness looking like a fool. Victoria did not take this well though. She won HOH and flipped the entire house upside down. She made some great moves! She made some terrible moves! She played her HOH exactly how I as a viewer want to see someone play an HOH. She called people out, she made deals, she broke deals, she threatened people, she did everythinggggggg to give us good feeds.

Victoria was not easy to root for. She was borderline problematic at times. She was very petty and catty and seemed to want to evict all the other women from the game. However, these are the houseguests I like to watch. I need some edge! I need some grit! I need to see these people get their hands dirty. Victoria was always getting her hands dirty. She made bad move after bad move and it finally came back to bite her. Victoria's worst came on her second HOH when she was the Invisible HOH and used it to target Austin instead of targeting the obvious throuple of Tychon, Beth, and Jedson.

When Beth won the next HOH she decided she wanted to backdoor Victoria. Victoria wasn't actually in her alliance and Beth correctly didn't trust her. Victoria did not go down without a fight though. Victoria blowing up on Tera in her campaign against her is one of my favorite fights in BBCAN history. Tera bitching about missing her kids and Victoria calling her out for knowing what she signed up for is EXACTLY what I've always wanted to say to the houseguests who complain about not wanting to go to jury. Victoria was truly speaking for the people.

My love for Big Brother has faded a bit as the years go on. Maybe I'm getting older, maybe the show's getting lamer idk. A lot of houseguests walk on egeshells right now. They don't want to get in trouble in the house, or outside of the house. I get it, it's the right way to play the game and it's the right way to not get #cancelled. Victoria was such a refreshing change of pace because she literally did not give a single shit. She played the game like a bull in a china shop, and that's why I stan.

STEVEN

VICTORIA WOGHIREN

Victoria is a Houseguest I went on a roller coaster journey with, so to speak. Some weeks I liked her, other weeks I rooted against her. After all that transpired after BBCAN9, I lean more on the side of a Victoria fan though. She did make the season very interesting, even if all her choices weren't necessarily the best game moves. But players like Victoria are what the game of Big Brother needs. She keeps the fans engaged with her unpredictable game play plus a true desire to succeed in the game. I almost cut Victoria at the final cuts to ensure Tychon was the last one standing of BBCAN9, but I changed my mind since I did find Victoria's game fun to watch.

PANDORASBOX

10. Victoria - okay so…I actually never watched bbcan9 👀💀 After how awful bbcan7 and bbcan8 were I took a break from bbcan (also I was busy) and of course the season I miss happens to be really well reviewed dhdjdjsjsndjdjd anyone if this person is an icon I apologize but I have no idea who this is

AMANDA

Victoria is definitely one of the most memorable players of a very good season. Coming off the awful season 7 and season 8, Canada needed to recover with a good season and season 9 certainly delivered on that front. Victoria, for her part, was a standout player who brought tons of entertainment by playing such a chaotic game. :dead: She played hard from day 1 and that would end up being her downfall in the end, but it was fun to watch! Her aligning with Breydon and Austin only to become the Invisible HOH and use it to backstab them which set her game on fire was fun! The aftermath of it was that she was evicted but that was fun too! I appreciate Victoria for what she brought to the season, chaotic gameplay and all. It'd be fun to see her play again someday. Victoria was definitely a highlight character of her season, so I'm not surprised she went deep into this rankdown and finished with a respectable 11th place here.

CHRIS

SPICY VEE

Spicy Vee certainly brought us on a journey during Big Brother Canada 9 !  She pretty much started playing hard from the get-go by winning the first ever competition and winning it for her team which showed her fellow houseguests that she's a force to be reckonon with.  She ended up winning the HOH in Week 3 and for some reason, she was convinced in targeting LaToya as if that was going to be a good move from her - I don't agree with the target of LaToya but slay at her sticking to her gun.  Her main goal was to be comfortable with both side of the house which led her to creating an alliance with the ones that's not part of the Sunsetters. 

After creating an alliance with them, she is informed by Kiefer that some of the Odd balls tried to have her as a target which made her more motivated to win the HOH. She ended up being the Invisible HOH in which she decides to target two people that were under impression that they were still working together - Breydon and Austin.  The best part of this Invisible HOH is that she couldn't even keep it as. secret and making it even more of a mess ; Nothing beats the Celebrity BB in Quebec where the Invisible HOH kept it as a secret throughout the week and nominated some of her alliance #VictoriaisShook

The aftermath of Invisible HOH is that Spicy Vee game is coming apart, she's getting exposed by all side, and she is the target ; the arguement with Tera? AMAZING.  And that was the end of her game !

Overall, I really enjoyed Spicy Vee in the game and I'd love seeing her back into the game but I have to rank her here as I find that she might get some strong rankings as being part of a recent season, and I would rather see some ofthers win. But I'd be fine with her winning if that was the case. 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Thanks 1

• *Amanda changed the title to Big Brother Canada Rankdown (#11 FINALLY POSTED)

ALEX

5. Sabrina

8. Jillian

9. Victoria

14. Tim

15. Damien

CHRIS

7. Tim

11. Damien

12. Victoria

14. Sabrina

15. Jillian 

SOLA

4. Tim

5. Damien

7. Victoria

12. Sabrina

13. Jillian

STEVEN

8. Jillian

10. Damien

11. Victoria

14. Sabrina

15. Tim

IDF

8. Jillian

9. Sabrina

11. Victoria

14. Tim

15. Damien

-----

AMANDA

7. Jillian

10. Sabrina

12. Victoria

14. Tim

15. Damien

AKSHAR

9. Sabrina

10. Victoria

12. Jillian

13. Tim

14. Damien

DIANA

2. Sabrina

5. Jillian

11. TIm

12. Victoria

14. Damien

GIGI

5. Sabrina

7. Jillian

10. Victoria

14. Damien

15. Tim

PANDORASBOX

2. Sabrina

4. Jillian

10. Victoria

14. Tim

15. Damien

PATRYK

4. Jillian

8. Tim

10. Damien

11. Sabrina

12. Victoria

WALLY

4. Victoria

12. Tim

13. Jillian

14. Sabrina

15. Damien

10. Demetres Giannitsos

Season 5, 3rd Place

BMKK9ct.jpg

@Steven_ - 7/15

@*Chris - 8/15

@Solaris - 8/15

IDF - 12/15

@Alex95 - 13/15

PUBLIC RANKINGS

@jarmon - 7/15

@taylorkat - 9/15

@*Wallace - 9/15

@*Amanda - 11/15

@*Diana - 13/15

@PandorasBox - 13/15

@Erestor - 15/15

STEVEN

DEMETRES GIANNITSOS

Demetres is cool. He dominated the competitions throughout the season, winning five HoHs and two PoVs. Of course, we all remember him as Ika's right-hand man. But he was also likable and easy to root for. But he and Ika did make a great duo throughout the season. He was the brawn and Ika was the brains, and the two of them ran the house well. Demetres is one of the best competitive players while Ika is one of the best strategists. It's a shame they both missed out on making it to the Final 2. I would've rather have seen either of them win instead of Kevin. Anyway, it's great to see that Demetres and Ika are still together today. I don't expect Demetres is rank too highly overall, but he falls here in my ranking.

CHRIS

Demetres Giannitsos, the greek god from BBCan 5 and one of the most beloved male player from the franchise ! As soon as the season started, he quickly formed a partnership with the one and only, Ika, which eventually led to them turning it into the showmance ; Easily one of the best and most successful showmance in BBCan history !  One could say that while Ika was the brain behind their showmance, Dem was the comp beast as he won a total of 5 HOHs and 2 POVs - this certainly help them achieve safety when it was needed.  As a player. Dem gave it his all until his last day where he was evicted at the F3 by Kevin who eventually won. 

I do know that a lot people assume that Dem is only liked because of his showmance / relationship with Ika, but we shouldn't discredit his game as he was able to achieve a lot on his own and even winning the most HOH in a single season of BBCan or something. Anyway, being associated with ika certainly helps but I think he is a great player in his own right ; I simply rank him here as I prefered the others more to him or I felt the other houseguest needed more help. 

SOLA

Demetres Giannitos

One half of Demika and one of the best competitors in the Big Brother Canada House.  Demetres was a power house of a player when he was in Big Brother Canada Season 5.  He and Ika were running the house for a large majority of the game.  He won the competitions and she was the social strategist.  Together they tore through the house all the way to the Top 4, when Ika left under his HOH.  Demetres should have won the season at that point but Kevin won the final hoh and evicted him.  Smart call on his part, but not one I appreciated.  Throughout Season 5 Demetres won 5 head of households, and 2 power of vetos.  He was nominated 5 times before he was evicted and was probably the best new player of the half all-star season.  A case can be made for iconic Karen Singbeil, but Demetres has a lot more stats to his name.  I wasn’t expecting him to get to the end, but hey, I will take it as he is one of my favorite males from any Big Brother show.  I expect he will finish low in the overall rankings, but at least he is here!

AMANDA

Demetres! One of the most beloved male houseguests not only in Canada, but in the franchise - and with good reason. Yeah, being in a showmance with Queen Ika (and one that actually lasted long past the end of the season, showing that it was the real thing) definitely helped, but Demetres is a great houseguest in his own right. He is a comp beast, winning 5 HOH's and 2 POV's. He holds the record for most HOH wins in a season. Him & Ika were a perfect team - with her strategic prowess and his comp winning abilities, they sailed to the top 4 together at which point, they were targeted as such a strong power duo and Ika would finish 4th while Demetres made it to 3rd. Demetres is just someone who's likable and he aligned with the Queen of the season, so I'm not surprised that he's one of the guys that IDF actually likes. :haha:  I also love the Demika relationship and am so happy for them being engaged now. :wub: Demetres really is a great houseguest, and I'm glad he made the Top 10 here.

PANDORASBOX

13. Dumb Eat Trees - okay I actually really like him and he’s a fave bbmale for me. Actually I probs should put him above Neda and the bbcan9 people but I’m too lazy rn. He's basically the alpha male equivalent of “Not Like Other Girls” with a flawless taste in allies and I’m here for it.

ALEX

Demetres Giannitsos

I mentioned Demetres could've left at final cuts and I do stand by that. He was someone I briefly considered, but I greatly prefer him to Jon so I mean unless Jon was off the table I likely wasn't cutting him :haha:. Let the record show I do love Demetres though! I just unfortunately don't think he did enough to stand out on his own rather than just as an extension of Ika. Don't get me wrong, what we got from Demetres was pretty much best case scenario. A straight white guy who comp whores his way to the end and doesn't really get involved in drama? Sounds like a nightmare, right? Wrong! Luckily he was head over heels for the legendary Ika Wong and she was able to use her meat shield to completely run the game. What a relief!

Demetres was a newbie in the BBCAN5 house which had 8 returning players and 8 new players. I don't think Demetres was much of a fan of the show, so I'm not sure he knew exactly what he was getting into. We were this close to Demetres being an irrelevant week one boot who probably would've been booted in the first or second cycle of this game whom we never heard from again. The first week of BBCAN5 is legendary, but unfortunately without the live feeds I'm not sure we'll ever know exactly what was going on. But Demetres almost became collateral damage after Mark nearly saved himself, only to shoot himself in the foot at the very last second. There was only a one vote difference between Mark and Demetres. But luckily Demetres survives, won the following HOH, and Demika was born.

Demika is the reason Demetres is here, let's be real. The shy, jacked Greek dude and the loud Jamaican who infamously shredded everyone's letters from home three years ago is not the showmance I expected. I'm not really pro or anti showmance. I'm anti fake ass showmances that are clearly just an attempt at some airtime. The ones with no chemistry that we know won't even last a month outside of the house, if they even make it that long. But if it's something real, I think it could be fun to watch. Everyone watching the BBCAN5 live feeds knew how real Demika was. I've never seen Ika blush like she did when flirting with Demetres. It was very unlike her and I think it's cute that pretty much the last returning houseguest we ever expected to see in a showmance fell in love. And luckily they're still together to this day years and years later and I wish them all the best (though when is he gonna put a ring on that finger :kissbye:).

ETA: I wrote this seven months ago. They are now happily engaged as we all saw on BBCAN10 ❤️.

I could go over Demetres' moves one by one, but obviously we all know he just did as Ika commanded ❤️. During Demetres' first HOH, before he and Ika were a thing, Bruno & Kevin tried to take control of him, but it was clear he was only listening to Ika & Cassandra. It helps that the girls were the ones who saved his ass the very first vote while the guys tried evicting him. After that week, Demetres was Ika and Ika's alone and no one was able to try to work with him without consent from Ika.

Demetres' physical game is still second to none on BBCAN. He won five HOH's and two POV's. Demetres dominated the season and he was so close to just comp whoring his way to the end, but unfortunately Kevin was stronger mentally than him so Kevin won the final HOH and took Demetres out. I wish I lived in the alternate reality where Dem won the final HOH and went on to win the game. If so, BBCAN5 would probably be my favorite BBCAN season.

While I don't think Demetres had the most dynamic personality, he had his moments. Demetres exuded many himbo-esque qualities. Demetres staring blankly at the teleprompter as it said (insert name) is one the moments I laughed hardest all season :dead:. Also, while Demetres was hardly a dramatic character, "You were safe for like an hour :giggle:" to Neda as he runs in the DR to evict her was just another amazing moment in a long list of amazing moments during the legendary BBCAN5 double eviction episode. Also he walked around shirtless all day looking like that so how can I complain?

Demetres being in my bottom three is sad, but I think that just speaks to the power of the final group. As much as I love Demetres, he was a plot device in Ika's story. A necessary and likable plot device, yes, but a plot device nonetheless. He doesn't really have a storyline without Ika. But that's fine with me! Whatever helps Ika succeed in the game 100% works for me.

Edited by *Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to Big Brother Canada Rankdown (#10 POSTED)

ALEX

5. Sabrina

8. Jillian

9. Victoria

13. Demetres 

14. Tim

15. Damien

CHRIS

7. Tim

8. Demetres 

11. Damien

12. Victoria

14. Sabrina

15. Jillian 

SOLA

4. Tim

5. Damien

7. Victoria

8. Demetres 

12. Sabrina

13. Jillian

STEVEN

7. Demetres 

8. Jillian

10. Damien

11. Victoria

14. Sabrina

15. Tim

IDF

8. Jillian

9. Sabrina

11. Victoria

12. Demetres 

14. Tim

15. Damien

-----

AMANDA

7. Jillian

10. Sabrina

11. Demetres

12. Victoria

14. Tim

15. Damien

AKSHAR

7. Demetres 

9. Sabrina

10. Victoria

12. Jillian

13. Tim

14. Damien

DIANA

2. Sabrina

5. Jillian

11. TIm

12. Victoria

13. Demetres

14. Damien

GIGI

5. Sabrina

7. Jillian

9. Demetres

10. Victoria

14. Damien

15. Tim

PANDORASBOX

2. Sabrina

4. Jillian

10. Victoria

13. Demetres

14. Tim

15. Damien

PATRYK

4. Jillian

8. Tim

10. Damien

11. Sabrina

12. Victoria

15. Demetres

WALLY

4. Victoria

9. Demetres

12. Tim

13. Jillian

14. Sabrina

15. Damien

I’m really hoping Neda can place high. Ika’s popularity is mostly down to Neda and she wouldn’t be half of popular if she hadn’t been there both times. I love both but I hope Neda isn’t just forgotten about.

Edited by Zoey
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zoey said:

I’m really hoping Neda can place high. Ika’s popularity is mostly down to Neda and she wouldn’t be half of popular if she hadn’t been there both times. I love both but I hope Neda isn’t just forgotten about.

Not sure how Neda can just be forgotten about when she placed in the Top 10!

• Like 1