Big Brother Canada Rankdown (#4 POSTED)

*Amanda

TWIST #2: FINAL IMMUNITY

Brittnee+secures+her+safety+with+a+super

You all know it wouldn't be an Amanda rankdown without me giving you the opportunity to choose a houseguest to send directly into the Top 15. :giggle: 

That's right, after making you all make cuts without getting to bring back any eliminated houseguests, you now get to make a save.

Each of you get to choose 1 houseguest to skip the final cut round and become the first members of our Top 15.

You have 24 hours to make your choice.

REMAINING HOUSEGUESTS

Jillian MacLaughlin

Gary Levy

Talla Rejaei

Jon Pardy

Sabrina Abbate

Neda Kalantar

Heather Decksheimer

Ika Wong

Sarah Hanlon

Brittnee Blair

Tim Dormer

Cassandra Shahinfar

Karen Singbeil

Demetres Giannitsos

Kaela Grant

Olivia Riemer

Damien Ketlo

Tychon Carter-Newman

Victoria Woghiren

@Alex95 @*Chris @Solaris @Steven_

• *Amanda changed the title to Big Brother Canada Rankdown (Twist #2: Final Immunity Picks)

THE FINAL EVICTION

BBCAN9-Tera-and-Breydon.jpg

You all know what comes next. 4 houseguests have already been advanced to the Top 15, but 15 houseguests still remain with only 11 spots available.

Each of you get one final cut/eviction in this game.

You have 24 hours to post a 100-word write-up of the houseguest you choose to cut.

REMAINING HOUSEGUESTS

Jillian MacLaughlin

Gary Levy

Talla Rejaei

Jon Pardy

Neda Kalantar

Ika Wong

Sarah Hanlon

Brittnee Blair

Cassandra Shahinfar

Karen Singbeil

Demetres Giannitsos

Olivia Riemer

Damien Ketlo

Tychon Carter-Newman

Victoria Woghiren

@Alex95 @*Chris @Solaris @Steven_

• *Amanda changed the title to Big Brother Canada Rankdown (Final Evictions)

19. Jon Pardy

Jon-Pardy.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=963&h=481&dpr=1.5

Alright let's get this show on the road. There's pretty much 18 legends and some of the biggest gameplayers/characters in BBCAN history remaining and one bore who I'm not about to cut and start some shit just because we're too close to the end to be making enemies. What I'm trying to say is, there's no easy cuts. I've nominated Jon the past few rounds though so I'm not sure it's a huge shock that I'm cutting him now. I'm mainly cutting him for two reasons. First, he just does not stack up to the rest of the remaining houseguests. Jon is great, but I don't stan. Also I think he's been a bit of a dick postshow, but more on that later.

Jon entered the BBCAN2 house and had absolutely no idea what he was getting into. He seemed like someone who would just be blindly loyal to some awful men and then get cut in, like, 6th or 7th place. Instead Jon became bffs with people like Neda and Heather and rode their coattails instead ^_^. Of course that's a strategy I cannot complain about. I feared Jon would want to work with Andrew & Kenny, but instead he f*cking hated Andrew's guts and was determined to get rid of them. Being excluded from the First Five alliance, Jon was in a lot of trouble following Ika's eviction because he was one of the few people she didn't trash during #lettergate lol. Luckily some famous BBCAN riggage came into play and we got the Canada's HOH twist where Andrew and Sabrina were placed on the block and Jon won the veto to seal Andrew's fate once and for all. At this point, he started to learn how to play the game. He became Neda's protégée and the house began to flip in his favor. He solidified the final four with Neda, Heather, and Adel. Arlie & Allison also flipped to their side to become the Sloppy Seconds. With Neda doing most of the heavy lifting, Jon helped run the game at this point. He was the HOH responsible for making the big moves turning on Arlie and Adel. The Jon & Neda final two seemed inevitable, but I was here for it. Of course, Jon ends the season making the biggest move ever. With the final HOH, the student becomes the master and he blindsided Neda, dragging Sabrina the goat to the final two with him. My heart broke for Neda, but obviously this was the right call and I was proud of Jon for having the cojones to make it. Obviously because of this, Jon nearly swept the jury vote and won the game. To this day, I still think Jon is one of the strongest BBCAN winners, probably third behind Tychon & Dane.

Jon didn't reach fan favorite status just by playing a strong game though, he's also really fun to watch. The BBCAN2 cast was filled with a lot of douchebags, so it was nice to see a sweet guy like Jon do well. We're so used to these reality shows where the girls is riding the guy's coattails. Jon was not ashamed to be viewed as Neda's strategically inferior partner. He was proud to ride her, and Heather's, coattails and allow them to hold his hand through the game. Jon hated who the audience hated. Jon loved who the audience loved. Jon was genuinely charming and funny. Any time there was a party, Jon would get completely f*cking hammered and it was hilarious to watch. One of the best tasks in BBCAN history is when Jon & Allison got wasted in the DR and had to play it cool with the other houseguests :wub:. Now everything I'm listing is a great quality, but is it stannable? Is being a straight white man who's decently likable stannable or just the bare minimum? At this point in the game, I have to lean towards the latter. While I have no complaints with how Jon acted or presented himself on the season, I don't think I'm describing him as a top-tier character or player.

I don't normally care about post-show stuff unless there's like serious bigotry or sexual assault allegations or something like that pops up, but unfortunately Jon ends up on my timeline every once in a whlie lol. After pretty much emotionally cheating on his girlfriend in the house with Neda the entire season, he quickly dumps her to go one and date Neda after the season...only to cheat on Neda and get #dragged by all of twitter lol. Jon comes across as kinda scummy at times, and I know during and after BBCAN5 he had A LOT to say about Ika and, I'm sorry sir but you do not come for the queen :kissbye:. He also randomly dated Kiera from BBCAN7 for a bit, idk anything about that random ass relationship. I don't know anything about Jon in real life, but there's just some things that seemed to have come my way that causes me to side eye. I'm still a fan of him on the show, but he's my second least favorite remaining houseguest who I fear might be a small threat in the final ranking so I will cut him here.

Edited by Alex95

tumblr_omw5ubzac91utpccwo9_400.gif tumblr_inline_out4p8SQYm1uuurgv_400.gifv HjzGjt3.gif

Out of the remaining houseguests, I went back and forth on who to cut but at the end of the day, the decision was fairly easy as she doesn't really measure up to the remaining houseguests, in my opinion.  But this is not to take anything away from her as she was a breath of fresh air on Big Brother Canada 5, and rightfully deserve the title of a fan favourite.

By now, it is clear that Karen Singbeil is missing out on the Top 15 so let's dive into her Big Brother Canada journey !  A dual American-Canadian citizen, we were first introduced to Karen Singbeil, a 53 year old realtor and super fan of Big Brother, on the 5th season of Big Brother Canada.  In her pre-season interview, she stated that her strategy would be to win the first HOH in order to build trust, get into people's mind, and target the muscle & mind of the season.  Flashforward to Week 1, she became the first HOH of the season following the first endurance competition of the season, and her first move was to nominate Mark & Demetres - two good looking houseguest who fitted her criteria of mind & muscle. 

Following the first HOH, Karen essentially just became invisible in term of game play but was ensuring that her social game was still present - she formed close bonds with The Six alliance (Bruno, Kevin, Ika, Sindy, Neda, and Demetres) which ensured her safety for the majority of the game as she was never on their radar & no one saw her as a threat for the end game.   She would also form bonds with the outsider group which would also benefit her game, although it always felt that she was more loyal to some people in the The Six alliance than the outsiders.

Karen finally touched the block for the first time on Week 7 where she became the replacement nominee on Demetres' HOH after William used his Black Hole POV on Kevin who essentially manipulated him on using it on him.  As the replacement nominee, Karen became a wild goose by being her silly self and lashing out at some houseguests - the most hilarious is that despite this, she remained in the game which really speak to her social game.

tumblr_optom6hrAp1utpccwo1_250.gifv tumblr_optom6hrAp1utpccwo2_250.gifv

As the game progresses, Karen formed a frenemy bond with Kevin - this gave us many iconic scenes, hilarious commentary, confessionals, and Karen always referencing him to Kevin Martin which always made me laugh.  She also became closer with Demetres & Ika - she decided to save Ika on Kevin's HOH which helped her build trust with Ika & Demetres, and ensured her safety the following week. 

Seen as a non liability to winning the game, Kevin decide to take Karen to the finale as he knew that he would easily win over Karen compare to Demetres. And this is exactly what happened - he received every vote and Karen received none. But at the end of the day, Karen made history by being the oldest houseguest to make it to the finale on any North American seasons.

tumblr_oprvc9C0Fr1utpccwo1_250.gifv tumblr_oprvc9C0Fr1utpccwo2_250.gifv tumblr_opbs2tbED71utpccwo3_250.gifv

As the season came to an end, Karen became a fan favourite for her confessional, her sarcasm, her wit, her social game, her motherly advices to the fellow houseguests, and her hilarious relationship with some of the houseguests.  And like everyone, I too fell in love with Karen & I think it truly speak volume that she was able to come this far while barely being targeted - in fact, I think her making far in both rankdown is impressive & solidify her status as a fan favourite.  But as mentioned earlier, I truly cannot justify bringing her into the Top 15 when I have many favourites remaining in the Top 18 which is why I made the difficult decision to cut Karen from the rankdown.

• Sad 3

Talla Rajaei

Latest Talla Rejaei GIFs | Gfycat

I went back and forth on who to cut in this last spot.  It was going to be Jillian but Alex spared Damien, so I will spare Jillian.  Also part of me wants to see just Gary vs Jillian for a second time and see which of the two comes out on top.

So that leaves me with cutting Talla, who I nominated last round.  I do really like Talla, and I have met her in person.  As a character she was a lot fun to watch on Big Brother Canada Season 1, but she was not a strong player.  She spent a large amount of the time as an ally to to Jillian, Andrew and Emmett throughout the season.  Throughout most of it she was the comfortable third option.  Until the end of the season when it was wise for Jillian and Emmett to take her over Andrew as Gary won the power of veto that week.  She was nominated every round from Week 7 until her elimination, so she didn't cast a vote for nearly a month.  At the end of the season she voted for her friend and ally Jillian to win over Gary, and she did.

Talla was extremely likable and she played a good under the radar game throughout the season.  That being said I have an extremely hard time taking her to the end over anyone else.  I am made the Top 30, and now Top 17.  I would love to see how she grows as a player if she ever gets a second chance to play the game.

Edited by Solaris
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2