@PandorasBox - 2/15

@taylorkat - 5/15

@jarmon - 9/15

@*Amanda - 10/15

@Erestor - 11/15

@*Wallace 14/15

ALEX

Sabrina Abbate

Whew, I did not think Sabrina was making it to the end. I know Sabrina is obviously a controversial houseguest, it took a while for me to be converted to a full-blown stan. I didn't necessarily plan to drag her to the end, but when we got a chance to save a houseguest I saw the opportunity because I'm pretty confident she would've been a victim of final cuts otherwise. And I have no regrets! Sabrina Abbate is one of the most amazing houseguests Big Brother Canada has ever seen. The power player of the first month whose downfall was swift and harsh, but still stuck around for another two months to have a daily meltdown and be dragged to the final two as the most obvious goat ever ❤️ .

Sabrina's first month is definitely tough to get behind as a viewer. She found herself in the First Five alliance with Kenny, Andrew, Sarah, and Arlie. Something that's been forgotten about her because she was such a goat is just how dominant Sabrina was that first month. Sabrina and Sarah had to do all the dirty work for that alliance. They were the ones in the girls' ears. They convinced Ika to go after Heather with her HOH instead of Kenny & Andrew. Sabrina remained a mole and voted in the minority during Ika's HOH to keep in good with Ika, Neda, and Rachelle. Then, Sabrina really flexed her manipulation skills when she took over Rachelle's HOH reign and had her take Ika out, despite the fact that was the worst possible move for Rachelle's game. Look, I didn't like Sabrina's work here. She was taking out people I love in order to help Kenny and Andrew's games. But you can't take her moves away from her. That was some pretty impressive gameplay.

While I was certainly not a fan of Sabrina during this point of the game, she was already bringing the drama. Sabrina's friendship turned feud with Ika was pretty legendary. The two girls were thick of thieves and would happily talk shit about Heather or "new girl" together 24/7. But when Sabrina buried Ika, Ika sniffed it out pretty quickly and she was done putting up with her shit. Ika will never shy away from confrontation and she pretty easily mopped the floor with Sabrina every fight they had. The most legendary one being when Sabrina ran to the DR sobbing that Ika told her to go home to her dog, the only "person" who loves her ❤️ .

Luckily production saw the writing on the wall and that a season dominated by the First Five would be disastrous tv. So with some light riggage in place, Canada got an HOH and used their power to put Sabrina & Andrew on the block cause duh. As the bigger threat, Andrew was the one evicted, but Arlie flipped on the alliance as well, Heather won the following HOH, and the First Five was officially over. Now comes the fun part of the Sabrina Experience. Her powers can no longer be used for harm. She is now the obnoxious cockroach who refuses to die. Sabrina is hated by the house, hated by Canada, and has used all her tricks up. She has to sit by and watch Andrew, Sarah, and Kenny all leave in a row. Sabrina has Rachelle and nothing else. Sabrina does not take losing power well. She spends the next two months, nominated nearly every single round, and giving us godly meltdown after godly meltdown. Sabrina's meltdowns are top-tier. Here's a mini-ranking:

3. "DOES EVERYONE WANT GOOD F*CKING TV?! IS THAT WHAT THEY WANT?!" - This is one of Sabrina's shorter meltdowns, but probably her most famous meltdown. In the backyard with Rachelle, Sabrina explodes after Adel's harsh nomination speech against the two of them. Adel assures her it was just good tv, but Sabrina doesn't take it that way. She screams out to the world if good tv is all people want?! Well she's on a reality show so...yes. As Rachelle wisely says "supposably"

2. "I LITERALLY MEANT IT WHEN I SAID THAT I WANTED YOU TO COME TO MY HOUSE" - Emotional manipulation is at the core of Sabrina's game. After spending a week campaigning against Allison in order to save Sarah, Sabrina is pickachu_shocked_face when Allison turns against her to join the Sloppy Seconds. Sabrina sobs in Allison's face for what feels like an hour about how much she loves her, how she could do this to her, and how Sabrina wanted to be bff's with Allison and wanted her to come to her house. Let's ignore the fact that Sabrina ignored Allison the entire first two weeks Allison entered the game late. Let's ignore the fact that Sabrina and her alliance had just tried taking her out and she had nowhere else to go. Yet this all somehow works and Allison throws her game away and uses her secret veto on Sabrina a week later (and the two ladies then had the opportunity to completely change the course of the game by saving Arlie but they stupidly don't in a season-saving moment)

1. "ENOUGH NOW, IT'S ENOUGH!!!" - I mean, of course. This tragically did not make the show edit for some reason and was a live feed only thing. I literally watch the meltdown on YouTube all the time. There could be no other winner. Tired of Adel's constantly comments about her, Sabrina finally snaps. She goes from the bathroom to the bedroom to the DR. Screaming to anyone in her way about she's had enough of Adel and he's gone too far and she just wants to be voted out. This all sounds very sad, but if you watch the video I swear it's hilarious.

One alliance just dominating and picking everyone off can be really boring, even if it's an alliance of likable people such as Neda, Heather, and Jon. Luckily, Sabrina would never give us bad tv. Even when she was on the block week after week watching ally after ally go home, she kept the season sooooooo amazing. And the best moment of all was when Sabrina finally randomly won her first comp at final four when it seemed like her time might finally be up :dead:. As sad as that was because it meant Heather's game was over, you can't deny how iconic Sabrina's final four win was.

Post-show Sabrina's seemed to be able to laugh at herself which is great. She knows she was a hot mess in that house. She mended fences with Ika and she was one of the few alums to actually root for her and have her back during and after BBCAN5. I need to see Sabrina on my tv again and I hope she comes back for All-Stars. I fear BBCAN2 might be too long ago that production feels her star power has faded, but I think we need another season of good f*cking tv.

Update: Sabrina was in the Wendy's Window in BBCAN10 so production still has her number! Pack your bags Sabrina, we better see you on All-Stars!!!!!!

PANDORASBOX

2. Sabrina - Star. Probs the only person who was great in both the first half and back half of bbcan2. Also her influence over bbcan5 is hysterical. Should have won over Jon oops

AMANDA

Winning the only tiebreaker of this rankdown, Sabrina gets the higher placement because the public ranked her higher than Tim. Sabrina certainly brought some entertainment to the season. While I wasn't here for her choice in allies (three of her alliance members were the awful Kenny & Andrew and Arlie, who was really obnoxious. Sara & Rachelle were...there) Sabrina was the clear star of the alliance and never failed to provide a hilarious and iconic meltdown. Her allies were being picked off one by one by the Sloppy Seconds and she found out that Canada hated her when they nominated her for eviction, but Sabrina managed to get to the end when the alliance turned on each other. They realized Sabrina would make for a very good goat in the final 2 and so they took out the bigger threat in Adel, then Sabrina pulls off the upset HOH win which results in Heather's eviction, and finally Jon took out his closest ally Neda because he knew he couldn't beat her with the jury. Sabrina should've been the 5th placer. She would've been if the Sloppy Seconds stuck together, but she didn't and she managed to sneak her way into the final 2. All while  being prone to melting down at any given second. She really was a mess the entire season. :dead:  She lost to Jon, who the jury thought played the better game (really, he played Neda's game but more on that later). She only got her BFF Rachelle's vote. She certainly delivered on the entertainment front. But despite losing 6-1, she did have some good strategic moments. She formed an alliance the second she walked in the door, which kept her safe since her allies won quite a few of the early HOH comps. She also somehow got Allison to use the secret veto on her when Allison could have stuck with the Sloppy Seconds and evicted one of her or Rachelle. I don't really have much more to say on her, so just read Alex's write-up on why she's a great houseguest. But she certainly brought a lot to the season, so I think her place in the top 15 is deserved.

SOLA

Sabrina Abbate

Sabrina is the last surviving First Five member in the rankdown and one of four representing seasons two in the finals. Sabrina is iconic in all the messiest ways. She was a controlling force in the first part of Season 2. She and the first five were only overthrown due to Canada’s HOH. After that moment, the elimination of the first five was swift as four of them left in a row, leaving only Sabrina. Sabrina must have a record for most nominations in a Canadian season. She was nominated seven times in nine rounds. She was seen as a goat and was proven to be one as she only received one of seven votes to win the game. We want good TV and Sabrina gave it to us.

CHRIS

SABRINA ABBATE

Is Sabrina the best player or houseguest of all-time ? Absolutely not. But is she one of the most entertaining houseguest to have appeared on Big Brother Canada ? Absolutely.   She gave us many iconic outbursts throughout her time in the house, and I lowkey enjoyed her & Rachelle being known as the Gremlins. 

But as entertaining she was, I didn't always enjoy her as player as I felt that she towed the line of being a bully at some instance in the game, and she was too closely associated with Andrew and company for a bit.  She also proved that she didn't always made the best decision for her game & at the end, she was somewhat seen as a floater & easily beatable in the finale hence why Jon chose her over Neda.  

I do know that some individuals are a fan of Sabrina but I can't really say that I am one ; I certainly appreciate her as a character but certainly not as a player. Also, ranking her in the bottom was a fairly easy decision as I think it's obvious that she will not be winning so why waste a high ranking on her ? 

STEVEN

SABRINA ABBATE

I know Sabrina is well-liked here, and I can understand why. She is entertaining as a character. Her meltdowns and dramatic reaction have made for some gif-worthy moments. However, I remember how much of a mean girl she was in the early days of the game. She was part of the bullying done to Heather. In addition, she was very hypocritical and made up unnecessary lies. I remember when Ika and Sabrina passed each other on the stairs, Sabrina claimed that Ika shoved her (which didn't happen). Sabrina would oftentimes paint herself as a victim, which became exhausting. Sabrina's not last on my rankings since she at least provided some very funny moments, but she still ranks very low for me mostly due to her treatment of Heather. 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Sad 1

• *Amanda changed the title to Big Brother Canada Rankdown (#13 POSTED)

IT'S NOT THE POINT! IT'S ENOUGH! WHAT HE DOES TO ME EVERY GODDAMN DAY!!!!! OKAY, IT'S ENOUGH! EVERY GODDAMN F*CKING DAAAAAAAAAAY! LEAVE ME THE F*CK ALONE!!! YOU BETTER-I WANT YOU GUYS TO EVICT ME! IT'S ENOUGH EVERY DAY TO BE TREATED LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Working on #12 right now, so giving this a bump.

ALEX

5. Sabrina

14. Tim

15. Damien

CHRIS

7. Tim

11. Damien

14. Sabrina

SOLA

4. Tim

5. Damien

12. Sabrina

STEVEN

10. Damien

14. Sabrina

15. Tim

IDF

9. Sabrina

14. Tim

15. Damien

-----

AMANDA

10. Sabrina

14. Tim

15. Damien

AKSHAR

9. Sabrina

13. Tim

14. Damien

DIANA

2. Sabrina

11. TIm

14. Damien

GIGI

5. Sabrina

14. Damien

15. Tim

PANDORASBOX

2. Sabrina

14. Tim

15. Damien

PATRYK

8. Tim

10. Damien

11. Sabrina

WALLY

12. Tim

14. Sabrina

15. Damien

• Like 3

12. Jillian MacLaughlin

Season 1, 1st Place

voQL4at.jpg

@Alex95 - 8/15

@Steven_ - 8/15

IDF - 8/15

@Solaris - 13/15

@*Chris - 15/15

PUBLIC RANKINGS

@PandorasBox - 4/15

@Erestor - 4/15

@*Diana - 5/15

@*Amanda - 7/15

@taylorkat - 7/15

@jarmon - 12/15

@*Wallace - 13/15

ALEX

Jillian MacLaughlin

BBCAN1 is a gem of a season that I feel has been unfairly maligned throughout the years. It is a trainwreck of a season, and I mean that in the best way possible. I find the first seasons of reality shows so fascinating while the producers are still trying to work out all the kinks. I also think first casts of shows are usually pretty strong, before we fall into all our usual archetypes. Jillian is a very unique character. I don't think she falls into any sort of box. I think at first glance it seems like she could just be the bland, nice girl that rides the coattails of the majority alliance only to get dumped in 6th-7th place. Luckily, that was not the case at all. Instead she was a comp queen who wanted to ruthlessly backstab every player in the game :wub:. Jillian is the ultimate villainous gameplayer, so to have her accidentally win in the end is just glorious to me. Along with that, she's a quirky weirdo who would randomly whisper votes to evict and just had the weirdest choice of words in her DR sessions :haha:

I think you get a good idea of who Jillian will be as a player just by watching how she operates her first HOH. Jillian runs around the house flipping back and forth between nominating Gary, Aneal, and Danielle. Aneal thinks Jillian is his closest ally and Jillian promised him up and down he's fine, so of course since she's Jillian she instead ruthlessly slits his throat and blindsides him by nominating him :dead:. Yet the week somehow ends with Danielle walking out the door, jaw on the ground, despite the fact that Jillian promised to her time and time again that she was safe :wub:. Let me be clear, this is not the smartest way to play the game. To make a million deals only to betray every aspect of the deal is not good gameplay. But it sure is fun to watch :wub:

How will Jillian spend her next HOH? By making a deal with Topaz to keep her and Alec safe. How does the week end? With Topaz and Alec on the block next to each other :dead:. It's truly quite the sight to behold. She backstabbed Peter, she backstabbed Andrew, she supported Emmett backstabbing Talla. If there was someone's back to stab, she was right there.

And Jillian wasn't delusionally sobbing about how she doesn't understand why no one likes her or anything. At her first HOH it was kinda tough for her to turn on Aneal, but at the time we reached jury Jillian did not have a single care in the world. Topaz was fuming at her, Peter would confront her about what a terrible player she was, and Jillian couldn't care less if she tried. Definitely Jillian's top one moment of the season is when Peter confronted her and threatened her for taking him out and she shut that shit down immediately telling him she's making a great game move and if he can't respect that he's a piece of shit :wub:. The show really tried to make The Sheyld a thing so bad, I'm so grateful Jillian and Andrew were around to remind the audience how much they actually sucked.

All of this is leading to Jillian being some loathed second placer, which I was okay with. Either Emmett wins the final HOH and deservingly dominates the final vote. Or Gary wins the final HOH and beats Jillian because of Peter's alliance in the jury. I was less okay with that happening since I didn't want Peter to get that win, but at least I love Gary. But we all know what happens instead. Despite all of the blood Jillian had in her hands. Despite the fact that half the jury hated her guts. Despite the fact that Jillian drunkenly slurred throughout her entire final jury speech, she wins the game when Gary's bff votes the wrong way <33333333. Such an iconic ending to a trainwreck season, and I think it's such a fitting way for Jillian to get her win.

Many of Jillian's qualities alone aren't that amazing. But all of them together make her a character I truly adore. The quirky personality, the showmance with Emmett, the comp domination, the accidental win, the chronic backstabbing disorder. She did TAR Canada with Emmett which I never saw, but apparently she's even more amazing there and a complete lunatic so I definitely want to check it out one day!

STEVEN

JILLIAN MACLAUGHLIN

I'm glad Jillian won the first season of Big Brother Canada. Despite the controversy of Topaz messing up her vote, I believed Jillian was the deserving winner of the season. She played the game hard and ran that house alongside her showmance partner Emmett. Jillian played a cutthroat game, but she did what she needed to do to advance herself to the end. The first season of BBCAN was kind of a mess as they went overboard with so many twists. But despite that, I believe Jillian and Emmett ran the house effectively and were the best players that season. I'm glad to see Jillian here in the Final 2, but there are quite a few other Houseguests I like better. But this is still a high ranking all things considered.

PANDORASBOX

4. Jillian - best bbcan winner. No I will not be taking questions on this

AMANDA

Jillian. :wub: Truly an amazing houseguest on her season. A Comp Queen who found herself in power so much, then proceeded to spend her time in power making a million promises to everyone only to break them all and ruthlessly backstab everyone. She was the season's villain and she owned it, not allowing Peter or anyone else make her feel bad about how she played the game. Players like Jillian usually don't win. The jury usually hates the way they play the game and award the win to whoever happens to be sitting next to them because they're bitter . Especially if they are a woman because of double standards. And yet...she wins! In an iconic moment, Topaz locks in her "150% secured" vote for her BFF Gary only to realize that she voted wrong and this accidental vote for Jillian gives her the win. :dead: I like Gary, but I am glad Jillian won. Someone missing half the season only to show back up at final 5 should not win the show. Having a buyback that late in the game is a bad idea (which Canada luckily recognized and started doing the buybacks at the beginning of the jury phase instead). Jillian winning prevented the Sheyld from getting their way and I love that. I love Jillian. It was truly great entertainment to see her play so ruthlessly yet not feel any remorse for how she played. Jillian steamrolled the competition alongside Emmett who she was a showmance with. This is how you be a good villain. You OWN your villainy. I respect you as a villain when you own it. The iconic Topaz moment aside, Jillian was the deserving winner of the season. Jillian & Emmett went on to compete as a team of exes on season 4 of TAR Canada and I think I love her even more on there? Jillian was amazing and was had MULTIPLE hilarious meltdowns over small things, as those on the race tend to do. :wub: As you can see, Jillian is liked but she isn't anyone's top favorite and the lack of any Top 5 placements from the rankers drop her to #13 here.

SOLA

Jillian MacLaughlin

I am split on Jillian. Part of my likes her and was rooting for her to win after Gary left. The other part of my prefers Gary but finds it iconic how she won due to a mistake in Topaz’ voting. Jillian was who I was going to cut when Heather was given immunity, but when Alex spared my guys, I figured I would let her in the finals. Jillian was one half of the iconic duo Emmett. She won four head of households throughout the season and combined with Emmett’s wins they had nine wins. Their game was strong, the strongest of the season until they decided it was smarter to keep Gary over Talla at the Top 4. They opened the door for him to win the final HOH and win the game, and he would have had it not been for Topaz’ mistake. Peter called her Villian in the finale, and I thought that was clever. But he was “preventing an injustice” that just wound up happening anyway. She is a worthy winner of the series and is my fourth favorite winner from the series. Her and Emmett went on to compete in The Amazing Race Canada a couple of years later and placed second. She had a lot more personality on The Amazing Race, then she did on Big Brother, which I found weird. Congrats on getting to the final ranking.

CHRIS

JILLIAN MACLAUGHLIN

As the first ever winner of Big Brother Canada, Jillian MacLaughin showed the world that she was a strong strategic player in the game instead of relying solely on a the social game aspect. In the house, she proved to be a fierce competitor by winning HOH a total of 4 times which is quite impressive. She was also known for the bonds formed with fellow houseguests such as Liza, Talla, Andrew, and Emmett with whom she formed a showmance; their romance didn't last but they remained the best friends and appeared on Amazing Race Canada together. And as we all know, Jillian famously won because of Topaz casting an accidental vote for Jillian which was enough to secure the win with the votes of Emmett, Talla, and Andrew with whom she was aligned throughout the time.

Overall, I really enjoyed JIllian and I think she's fairly underrated as a player & her win is often taken away because of the Topaz's mistake; I was obviously rooting for her as my East Coast allegiance. but I am ranking her here as I am not as passionate for her as I once was & there's more exciting players in this Top 20 compare to her ; And I want Gary to win the season here so that's another reason why I decided to rank her in 20th place. 

With all that being said, I would be interested in seeing Jillian be brought back and see how she would fare in the game as it certainly has evolved since the first ever season. 

• *Amanda changed the title to Big Brother Canada Rankdown (#12 POSTED)

Wally is winning right now, with all of his bottom 4 being the first 4 to show up.

ALEX

5. Sabrina

8. Jillian

14. Tim

15. Damien

CHRIS

7. Tim

11. Damien

14. Sabrina

15. Jillian 

SOLA

4. Tim

5. Damien

12. Sabrina

13. Jillian

STEVEN

8. Jillian

10. Damien

14. Sabrina

15. Tim

IDF

8. Jillian

9. Sabrina

14. Tim

15. Damien

-----

AMANDA

7. Jillian

10. Sabrina

14. Tim

15. Damien

AKSHAR

9. Sabrina

12. Jillian

13. Tim

14. Damien

DIANA

2. Sabrina

5. Jillian

11. TIm

14. Damien

GIGI

5. Sabrina

7. Jillian

14. Damien

15. Tim

PANDORASBOX

2. Sabrina

4. Jillian

14. Tim

15. Damien

PATRYK

4. Jillian

8. Tim

10. Damien

11. Sabrina

WALLY

12. Tim

13. Jillian

14. Sabrina

15. Damien

Bbcan1 is actually my fave season and Jillian my fave winner *hides*

The juxtaposition of being such a pleasant presence with great allies with also being a ruthless backstabber is intriguing. Also, did she objectively have the best bb experience ever? Have fun with your friends, win a bunch of comps, showmance the hottest guy in the house, backstab a bunch of people, get your haters pressed, evict said haters, and then win while they fume - a Legend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...