Big Brother Canada Rankdown (#4 POSTED)

*Amanda

Raul Manriquez

Big Brother Canada Raul interview - 'I would probably still be in the house  if Loveita returned'

Raul or as Nikki (RIP) calls him Rail, was one of the most annoying housesguests on big brother Canada season 4.  He was part of an alliance with Jared and Kelsey.  The alliance was called the third wheel.  Guess who was the third wheel?  Rail was!  Rail spent 3 rounds nominated and the first of which was against Kelsey the round she left.  He should have been evicted instead of Loveita the night of the double eviction.  He won head of household in week 6 and took out his  ally Mitch.  He's a big dumb dumb!  He got booted the round after when he was nominated against Kelsey for the second time.  At least this Maddy did something right by eliminating him.  Anyway bye!

Bruno Ielo

Big Brother Canada recap: Then there were six | The Star

Bruno is a two-time Big Brother Canada player.  He first played in season 3 where he bro'd down with Kevin Martin and Zach, and whats his name.... bobby.  He was a member of the chop shop that eventually got dismantled by the far better and far more popular female players that season.  The second time he played he once again played with Kevin Martin.  This time he was eliminated by the far superior Ika Wong as she had her showmance Demetres nominate him.  Once Kevin was saved by William with the veto, Bruno was a sitting duck for the queen.  For some reason production thought we would want to see Bruno as a two time player, and all we saw was his ability to brodown.  We don't like bromances (most of them anyway).

Kyle Moore

Kyle Moore: 'Jedson and Tychon Got the Best of Me' - Big Brother Canada  Season 9

Kyle Moore was a houseguest on the most recent season of Big Brother Canada.  Things Kyle was known for:  He was alligned with Rohan, he was the worst place finisher from team destiny, and he and his pal Rohan went on to try and intimidate fellow houseguests Kiefer.  Oh also Kyle was a replacement cast member when the racist guy got removed for stuff he did in the past.  This happened after it was brought up to production upon cast reveal.  We like it when Canada swiftly takes care of the problems.  That said, Kyle was no picnic to have instead.  He got 11th place and didn't win any competitions.  Mostly only known for his fighting with Kiefer and Latoya at the time.

Save: Nick & Phil Paquette (but only for nick)

KYRA SHENKER

giphy.gif

Kyra was the first non-binary person to be cast on Big Brother Canada. Kyra participated on the seventh season of the show, and I wasn't a fan of them. Not only was Kyra's game awful, but Kyra's behavior around Chelsea was problematic. Kyra was obsessed with Chelsea and tried to get as physically close to her as possible. I didn't see it on the feeds (I don't watch BBCAN feeds), but they apparently requested Dane to get Chelsea to kiss Kyra in a possible truth or dare game. The way Kyra tried to force themselves on Chelsea was wrong, and it's a shame Chelsea had to go through that. As for Kyra's game, Kyra made it as far as they did simply because Kyra wasn't a threat to anyone. Kyra was so certain they knew everything that was going on in the house. Instead, Kyra was consistently wrong about pretty much everything. Kyra even had the opportunity to shake up the game with the blood veto, but they did nothing with it. It was a huge waste of a twist that was hyped up by production, allowing the Pretty Boys alliance to have an easy path to victory. In addition, Kyra was miserable throughout the entire season and often found something to complain about. Anyway, Kyra was evicted in third place and voted for Dane to win, and out they go from the rankdown too. 

ARLIE SHABAN

tumblr_ousi7v081d1wx1x9uo1_400.gifv

Arlie competed on Big Brother Canada 2. He was part of the First Five alliance with Sabrina, Kenny, Andrew, and Sarah. They ran the game for the first few weeks, but then the alliance started to crumble after Canada's HoH twist. Andrew and Sabrina were nominated by Canada, and then Heather won the following HoH competition. Arlie subsequently flipped to the other side of the house. He was playing both sides, but he committed to the Sloppy Seconds alliance with Jon, Neda, Heather, and Adel after it was clear which side of the house Canada liked better. Arlie was a super fan of the show and said he wanted to be a "god of the game." He was over-the-top and hyped himself up into believing he was Canada's favorite player, which understandably annoyed some viewers. Arlie didn't end up becoming a BBCAN legend after he was betrayed by his own alliance. Neda and Heather schemed his eviction, which was followed through with a backdoor on Jon's HoH reign. Arlie did have a chance to stay in the game after Allison used the secret Veto twist to pull Sabrina off the block. It was Adel vs Arlie, and Sabrina and Rachelle could've saved Arlie and given themselves another number to go against Heather, Neda, Jon, and Adel. However, they voted Arlie out and he became the first member of the jury. He ended up voting for Jon to win the game. Anyway, out Arlie goes from the rankdown.

TOM PLANT

tumblr_mkt4otq34G1snvbxjo1_500.gifv

Tom Plant competed on the first season of Big Brother Canada. He found himself nominated right away by the instant eviction twist. Suzette put him and Emmett on the block together, but Tom saved himself with the Power of Veto. The replacement nominee Kat was evicted instead. Tom became good friends with Emmett, and the pair of them would eventually form the Quattro Alliance with Peter and Alec (the Sheyld). Tom won HoH in the third week of the game, and he was determined to get payback against Suzette. The two of them did not get along and Tom took Suzette's nomination against him personally. After Suzette was knocked out of a Power of Veto competition, she sarcastically congratulated Tom for getting what he wanted and called him  a "f***ing redneck." Tom ended up winning the Veto, and he acted like he was the king of the house with both the HoH and Veto powers. However, Canada foiled his plan when they saved Suzette with a Canada's vote twist. Tom named Aneal as the replacement nominee, and he was evicted instead. Suzette was still in the house, but it wasn't only Suzette who wanted Tom out of the house. Tom's personality rubbed some of the Houseguests and viewers the wrong way. This was especially the case when Tom played that shower prank on Alec. Tom opened the shower door while Alec was in there, jokingly trying to embarrass and expose Alec. It was a messed up thing to do, but he apologized for it after his Houseguests called him out on it. Tom ended up getting evicted in Week 4. Gary won the HoH competition and named Liza and Tom as the nominees. The house chose to evict Tom over Liza since he was viewed as a bigger physical threat in competitions. Tom was evicted by a nearly unanimous vote (only Emmett voted to keep him). Even though Tom seemed like an obvious target, he was blindsided by the vote. Tom was a pre-jury boot, and he gets an early exit in this rankdown too.

Saving Alec.

Jordan+eviction+watermarked.gif

As a houseguest on Big Brother Canada 3, Jordan Parhar introduced himself as a superfan who was confident that he was going to control the game.  With Jordan, what you see is what you get - overconfident with a slice of cockiness.  In the game, he quickly made a bond with Zach and Kevin, and a "showmance" (let's put it in quotation mark) with  Sindy with an S.  But luckily for us, Jordan's time in the house was shorter than he anticipated - his downfall is still one of the best in Big Brother Canada as he went home on his ally's HOH as he was 110% convinced that he could stay. But that's not what happened as he ended up going home - he should have tried to form bonds with the houseguests that he thought was "inferior" to him. Anyway, his eviction episode was golden as Godfrey's reaction was iconic while Jordan's facial reaction was everything.  

Anyway, I am more than happy to eliminate him from the rankdown as he's one my list as one of my least favourite male houseguests in Big Brother Canada ; I may have some bias towards but it's not that it impacted my opinion of him as a houseguest as he wasn't all that in the game & I really hated his personality.

571345_kR0LO2mE.jpg

Originally from Nova Scotia, Kyle Shore appeared on Big Brother Canada's 2nd season in hopes to follow in the footstep of Jillian & Emmet by dominating the game.  Unfortunately, Kyle proved to be a houseguest who had no real substance to them - they played a very forgettable game.  And there's a reason why he went home during the 2nd week - sure, he has the physique to be a threat but I don't think he had the brains.   And it's a sad thing when the most memorable thing about you are your political views - he could have been a great player but his political views especially his anti-covid rhetoric that he has been posting on Twitter, and him having #MAGA in his bio should have been enough to evict him from the rankdown during the first cycle.  Luckily, I get the pleasure to cut him from the rankdown and I am a-okay with it.

bbcan-bbcan7.gif

When you think of a houseguest that started off with a ton of potential but was unable to live to our expectations, Estefania comes to mind.  She was a houseguest on the 7th season of Big Brother Canada.  She was best known for her close friendship with Kiera and being smitten by Dane whom she would essentially remain loyal to throughout the season - she didn't really make a name for herself, and was always making moves that were better for Dane's game and not for her game.  She really just played a middle of the road game & very floater like - she didn't really win any competitions.  In all honesty, when I think of BBCAN7, I forget that she existed so I think it's a fair spot for her to leave although I don't really care for the houseguest that I am saving. 

SAVING: MARK DRELICH