Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Really? Damn, sucks if it´s true. Hopefully it´s not something too wacky that lands him in the bottom.

I'm a little nervous, but it's way too vague to make any judgement on it. For all we know it'll be like Rose Short with God's Country.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They are likely trying to keep the threats away from Holly then.

Are you sure though? Coz Holly's song isn't screaming "VOTE FOR ME" either, LOL.

Before I derail this thread, let's remember that Joshua has really carved out a lane for himself in this competition, so any deviation from that would likely cause him to say that statement. Let's hope his song is as adjacent to his lane as possible. 

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I'm a little nervous, but it's way too vague to make any judgement on it. For all we know it'll be like Rose Short with God's Country.

Please a moment like Rose 💫

tomorrow at this hour we'll find out! Maybe it's not even negative, but it's a sign that they took the switch genre seriously (and perhaps conveniently)

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I will say, "Don´t You Worry About A Thing" isn´t something I picture Joshua picking either, but look how that turned out.

Exactly.

He has been game with every song and challenge the show keeps throwing at him, and knocking them out of the park.

Why shouldn't this week be any different?

Famous last words, but meh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

My guess for his song now...

I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meat Loaf

This actually would be a great song for Joshua's range, but I can understand why he wouldn't be familiar or comfortable with it.

that would be interesting, I can see it's a classic like that

• Like 1

I can’t even imagine what the heck a Joshua take on a country song would be like, so I sincerely hope TPTB aren’t trying anything too stupid this season.

That said, if it’s under the guise of “keeping threats away from Ariana’s team” then I think it says a lot about Joshua’s charisma and vocals so far that someone that wouldn’t normally be a threat on paper (quirky theatrical guy under the guidance of an unpopular coach) is considered a potential threat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I can’t even imagine what the heck a Joshua take on a country song would be like, so I sincerely hope TPTB aren’t trying anything too stupid this season.

I can see him doing a country ballad like Bless the Broken Road, From This Moment On or There You'll Be.

Heck, he already sang a Billy Gilman Voice cover, why not do Cryin'? 

I will also say that in the event that John makes Joshua sing country, that would read to me that as TPTB wanting him to move as far as possible in the game, like Holly in Top 13 week. I just hope he gets the right country song.

Edited by Teraginn

If he sings country, hope it´s some of the more accesible crossover country artists that are not named Chris Stapleton.

Probably some Dan + Shay? Shay has huge pipes, and I see a bit of Joshua in him,tbh. Maybe "Tequila" wouldn´t be too far fetched, a stripped down version like this one that they did at the  Grammys themselves.