Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

2 hours ago, pauwis said:

The second is a risk, considering the reception of the minivan towards the singers of R & B / Soul, they have no middle points.

Instead, if he sing Journey, it's a ticket to the semis. Open Arms or Faithfully

Yeah I figured R&B is too risky at this point. But man... I can totally picture Joshua slaying If I Ain't Got You.

Anyway, another out of the box song suggestion: an Evanescence song. BMTL would be the better fit but as I mentioned before, My Immortal could also work with the right arrangement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

this is just  an idea does Joshua play piano he could sing rocket man by Elton john he could make it his own

I don't know if he plays any instruments, but Elton would be a great artist for him to cover. Is it "out-of-genre" enough though?

19 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Finally got an answer on the partner’s reaction to Joshua last night - he thought vocally it was very solid, just a little too pop-flavored for his personal taste (which is about what I expected for the reaction). No negativity, though, so I’ll take it.

Oops almost missed this. Honestly I expected worse so we'll take it indeed!

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

This would be killer.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

I suggested My Immortal in the other thread, purely because I wanted Joshua to show off more of his head voice... but this fits his range better. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Yeah I figured R&B is too risky at this point. But man... I can totally picture Joshua slaying If I Ain't Got You.

Anyway, another out of the box song suggestion: an Evanescence song. BMTL would be the better fit but as I mentioned before, My Immortal could also work with the right arrangement.

this would be incredible !!!

I would love something from Elton, but like you said, doesn't "out of genre" enough. Although I have wanted someone to sing Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me for many seasons

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pauwis said:

last song suggestion, and just for the drama and because Sam's head voice / falsetto here is :wub:

I definitely want him to sing Sam Smith, this is an excellent suggestion for Semis week! Very in his wheelhouse. And I don't think this has been done on the Voice US before.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I definitely want him to sing Sam Smith, this is an excellent suggestion for Semis week! Very in his wheelhouse. And I don't think this has been done on the Voice US before.

NEVER

14 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

So Joshua just finished recording in Henson studios. Really anxious to know what his song is, especially since some contestants seems to be getting.... interesting choices for Challenge week.

I think we only got Holly singing disco so far, but if they´re playing that game with her of all people, they probably won´t half ass the switch genre thing.

Hopefully Joshua gets something good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I think we only got Holly singing disco so far, but if they´re playing that game with her of all people, they probably won´t half ass the switch genre thing.

Hopefully Joshua gets something good.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of LOL. There are only two viable genres for him to switch right now IMO, but I don't trust TPTB to make the sane choices here.

Maybe since it's called Challenge Week, they can just give him a really iconic song that's "untouchable". Or they can just give him Easy on Me. I mean, I think he can pull that off.

• Like 1

Commenting on the comment on the spoiler thread regarding Joshua possibly getting Don't Stop Believing... I can totally see it happening, and the song's ties with Glee will jive with the theater kid persona they're giving him. Yes I know the song has a reputation for being cheesy, but its familiarity to the demo could broaden Joshua's appeal for votes. Not to mention it'll be a great showcase for his range. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of LOL. There are only two viable genres for him to switch right now IMO, but I don't trust TPTB to make the sane choices here.

Maybe since it's called Challenge Week, they can just give him a really iconic song that's "untouchable". Or they can just give him Easy on Me. I mean, I think he can pull that off.

Honestly, if they really don´t half ass it, it´d be great as long as Joshua has something that fits him, but it´s different. 

He proves he´s versatile here, he goes strong into the bloodbath.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Commenting on the comment on the spoiler thread regarding Joshua possibly getting Don't Stop Believing... I can totally see it happening, and the song's ties with Glee will jive with the theater kid persona they're giving him. Yes I know the song has a reputation for being cheesy, but its familiarity to the demo could broaden Joshua's appeal for votes. Not to mention it'll be a great showcase for his range. 

The song is cheesy for sure, but its the good kind of cheesy for me lol. Its a favorite of mine still.

And its an undeniable crowd pleaser. Minivan will eat that song up regardless of who performs it. So it could be a good choice for Joshua.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

The audience would love it (I mean, who doesn't like to hear something from Journey?) and would continue to show the versatility of Joshua